Honda NSX Concept gets an update

Davidklt

It is not easy to go fastest without turbo.

The previous generation of NSX took the lead when all the other Japanese manufacturers turbocharged their cars (Supra, 300ZX, GTO). Honda refused to TC their NSX and an innovative solution called the VTEC was borned. Along with it, came the legendary VTEC scream.

Thats what made the NSX special. Sad thing they succumbed to pressure and went mainstream by turbocharging the new NSX.

Why was NSX was the greatest then? It was nvr juz about VTEC.

It has the best pwr to weight (5kg/hp) and weight to wheelbase (0.5kg/mm).

Most importantly, it is tuned by Aryton Senna.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Kah Motor selling the new NSX above $900k,too expensive,i would rather buy either mercedes AMG GT,Jaguar F-type 5.0 or BMW i8,take the spare $$ buy another 2.0 saloon for everyday use.

Kah Motor selling the new NSX above $900k,too expensive,i would rather buy either mercedes AMG GT,Jaguar F-type 5.0 or BMW i8,take the spare $$ buy another 2.0 saloon for everyday use.

All the car u listed is not in the same league hor.

This NSX is competing with Mclaren P1, LaFerrari & Porsche 918.

10% of car price lor lol

Is it better to get R8 instead.. Jap brand at such price.. Maybe I not die hard RICH Honda fan..

Definitely NO.  R8 is so ordinary.

This NSX is in the same league as

Mclaren P1, La Ferrari & Porky 918.

The 3 car i mentioned are limited production

Definitely NO.  R8 is so ordinary.

same league? i think drive out on the road no one know.. ppl will say uh... honda... haha sorry i am a badge bitch. 90% ppl drive ferrari etc mostly to show off honestly so i going to show off i make sure i drive a brand ppl know a horse not a H. being realistic

Some pics taken from Kah showroomððð

Haha, you took pix too. I got them a few days ago. I posted one in another thread here.

Not intending blasphemy here, just being brutally honest. But that price point cuts between the two versions of the Huracan. And between this and the RWD Huracan, I know which I'd much rather take. It's not entirely theoretical, the 580-2 was a car I was seriously considering before deciding on my present one for the balance of bang for the buck and practicality.

The problem is not even so much the badge. It's the fact that it still looks too ordinary for a supercar. The front bay looks more BnB ordinary than even my Wish's. And the real engine just peeks out a little behind the cockpit, totally lacking the splendiferous grandeur of presentation that the mid mounted 8 cylinder Ferraris have in spades.

And so, as I said in the other thread, I think this car will be bought (if at all) by those who already have at least 2 or 3 other supercars. Once you have an F, an L and an M, you might be quite happy to add the only supercar H to the stable. I doubt very much that this would appeal to first - time supercar owners.

Just my opinion, not meaning to ruffle any feathers. But this car lacks something the old one had. For one thing, I preferred the old classic design. For another, that one was tuned by the greatest (Ayrton) and released at a time of Honda dominance in F1. In the present era, Mclaren-Honda might as well not be in the running for all the impact they're having on track.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Definitely NO. R8 is so ordinary.

Nope, not even close. You're talking about the holy trinity of hybrid hypercars here. They all make north of a combined 800hp, the NSX scrapes by at less than 600hp. That's M5 competition package territory. Moreover, I don't think I've read any source that states the NSX will have a limited production run unlike the other cars (although I'm sure you'll set me aright on this soon enough).

The Honda is just about a supercar, but nowhere near a hypercar. It falls far short of that pantheon, in price, performance and, well, cachet.

Bottom line, the NSX is not even in the same ballpark as the other cars you mentioned. It's definitely around LFA territory and of course superior to the GTR. Let's compare apples to apples here.

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged

I feel the LFA is a truly special car, a thing of exclusivity.

NSX... no, it's everyday supercar, like Gallardo, 911. Not a hypercar.

But that said I would take my lottery money elsewhere if I was in this market.

I feel the LFA is a truly special car, a thing of exclusivity.

NSX... no, it's everyday supercar, like Gallardo, 911. Not a hypercar.

But that said I would take my lottery money elsewhere if I was in this market.

Yes. Even as I made the earlier post I felt I was being too kind to the NSX to put it into the same ballpark as the LFA. I realise now that this was wrong. The LFA is still more exclusive.

Complain about the price because it's a Honda , but you guys should know that the NSX nameplate is not like a new thing ? it has some legacy inside it.

Talking about badge is an invalid argument , people who don't know cars would think that this is an expensive car for sure eventho it has a H badge on it (change to acura if you want)

If people who know cars will not base their judgement on badges because it's a NSX.

Edited by SeriousGuy

@Davidtch, if you look at car sites like Jalopnik, they're listing close competitors to the NSX. And the cars that are being mentioned include the 911 turbo, the AMG GT and the R8.

No one even thinks of putting this up against the holy trinity.

Let's not forget that Honda benchmarked this against the 458. To be fair, they've beaten that benchmark by a fair margin, I think.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement