More MRT Lines Announced

Taipan49

what if u are stuck in a station with no other lines? :D

Then LL suck thumb and take the free but squeezy free bridging bus services......... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

You cannot compare Japanese metro to Singapore MRT, their value is service to the community & society not profit. they think of people who need the train to commute to work and dont compromise standard or cost as they know in the long term profit is there. unlike our smrt profit making, now wat happen in the end gvot pump money in, realising prfoit is not the right value

You cannot compare Japanese metro to Singapore MRT, their value is service to the community & society not profit. they think of people who need the train to commute to work and dont compromise standard or cost as they know in the long term profit is there. unlike our smrt profit making, now wat happen in the end gvot pump money in, realising prfoit is not the right value

why no delist it then? [:/]

By dan the responsibility will rest on the shoulders of another guy. Who knows way before 2030 all the foreigners might have left this island? You think the plan will still go ahead as planned?

Did I hear one minister say one of the main reason for building these new lines was that if existing lines were to break down then these new lines would help to alleviate the problem. :blink::wacko::blink:

They won't be built until 2030? so what happens in the meantime?

In the meantime guess we can only LLST.......... [bigcry]

Did I hear one minister say one of the main reason for building these new lines was that if existing lines were to break down then these new lines would help to alleviate the problem. :blink::wacko::blink:

They won't be built until 2030? so what happens in the meantime?

They always wait until problem happen or go out of hand, then they implement solution to the problem. Like back when they started to plan the MRT system here, i dont think they have anticipate/forcast/aware that the population here will increased until the current number. So after the cyrrent transport system cannot cope with the growing number of people here, then they started to build new lines etc. <_<

In the meantime, you have no choice but to bear with the current situation. Cause they know there is nothing you can do lo.

wah.....eventually total of 300 over kilometers of mrt tracks.....like here to KL sia.....wah lao eh.....wah lao eh....

more traffic congestion affected by new lines, more poorly paved roads.....song boh

This new Cross Island Line would bring good fortune to those affected by the construction, SERS ahead of schedule. The MRT lines passing thru mature estates like Ang Mo Kio would likely affect quite a few HDB blocks along AMK Ave 3.

In the good old days infrastructure was built and complete before housing or factorys.

I remember the Woodlands extension between what was it Yishun and Yew Tee, no housing along it just open fields.

Anyway as well as more MRT what about more roads. The lack of roads is now a bigger problem than the MRT and it's no good saying people will start using the MRT when the roads are clogged.

People won't give up the use of cars once they have them.

And they'll buy them at any price, just look at the COE. Sensible people wouldn't buy cars at that price. And I'll be buying again in a few years so I'm included.

Looks like they are now more interested in building more MRT than roads. The most latest road expansion is the new expressway that they are going to build. I guess the only solution they have for road congestion is to stop the rapid growing of cars, and the only solution they have is to cut the COE quota.

Supercharged

Anyway what about the MRT line over into JB.

Is that a goer or not???

Still on.... start work in 2018

This new Cross Island Line would bring good fortune to those affected by the construction, SERS ahead of schedule. The MRT lines passing thru mature estates like Ang Mo Kio would likely affect quite a few HDB blocks along AMK Ave 3.

Everytime when they announce or plans to build new lines. Confirmed there will be buildings or even historical building that got tear down. -_-

Neutral Newbie

i dont find japanese train system confusing or messy. it looks so on the map but its not difficult.

It looks confusing if we don't read Japanese. Else it's quite straightforward.

↡ Advertisement