More MRT Lines Announced

Taipan49

Supersonic

A lot of ppl says Oppo don't have a biz plan for Sg. Not voting for Oppo.

If this mindset is ingrained 53 years ago, then we will continue to be Malaysia.

Under a big country is very stable mah, why listen to opposition LKY to go independent?

Was his business plan viable? No one knows until people gave him a chance.

The spirit is dead.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

If this mindset is ingrained 53 years ago, then we will continue to be Malaysia.

Under a big country is very stable mah, why listen to opposition LKY to go independent?

Was his business plan viable? No one knows until people gave him a chance.

The spirit is dead.

I guess after people have gave LKY a chance, and he did a good job in managing the country until people got too used to the current ruling that no one want or dare to make a change again?! Lol.

Supersonic

I guess after people have gave LKY a chance, and he did a good job in managing the country until people got too used to the current ruling that no one want or dare to make a change again?! Lol.

Issue is HE did a good job. Only HE.

一手遮天

• shut out the heavens with one palm [hand]; cover the sky with one hand; hide the truth from the masses; hoodwink the public; pull the wool over the eye of the public; with one hand to blind over the eye of all mankind
  • :D

haha you actually did this?

Supersonic

ä¸æé®å¤©ï¼

• shut out the heavens with one palm [hand]; cover the sky with one hand; hide the truth from the masses; hoodwink the public; pull the wool over the eye of the public; with one hand to blind over the eye of all mankind
  • :D

Turbocharged

Is he really that stupid as to bring up the $8 heart surgery again... Or is he so out of touch with reality..

No, $8 is by-passed. But still. what wisdom is there to re-broacast the episode in another way?

As you can imagine, such projects are not easy to do. Ages ago I had an open heart surgery and surgeon asked me there are two ways to do. One is a very traditional open-heart method ... there’s another way which is you let the heart continue to beat and then you do the sewing while the heart is beating.

“And this (Canberra station) is something like open heart surgery. This is called the beating heart method. It can be done, but of course it’s very challenging,” said Mr Khaw.

Anyone noticed something not right with the JRL?

jurong-region-line-map-infographic.jpg

Many part of the line have bends in-between stations, e.g.:

- Toh Guan and Bukit Batok West

- Enterprise and Boon Lay

- Tawas and Nanyang Gateway

I vividly remembered that it was mentioned that sharp turns are not good for rail system...

“No LRT is designed that way – in such a masochistic manner where you force yourself up and down, twist and turn,” said Mr Khaw. “I’ve taken the BPLRT a few times as a commuter, and I won’t say I enjoyed the ride because it caused me dizziness also – but that is life.”

"This straight-line design of the LRT was adapted into undulating terrain and sharp turns, causing the (trains') power collector shoes to dislodge from the power rail," he said, noting that most disruptions on the 18-year-old line have been due to power-related faults.

So never learn from mistake?! [confused]  [furious]  [furious]

• Praise 4

yeah....now that you mentioned it.....looks like roller coaster ride... :D

I vividly remembered that it was mentioned that sharp turns are not good for rail system...

“No LRT is designed that way – in such a masochistic manner where you force yourself up and down, twist and turn,” said Mr Khaw. “I’ve taken the BPLRT a few times as a commuter, and I won’t say I enjoyed the ride because it caused me dizziness also – but that is life.”

"This straight-line design of the LRT was adapted into undulating terrain and sharp turns, causing the (trains') power collector shoes to dislodge from the power rail," he said, noting that most disruptions on the 18-year-old line have been due to power-related faults.

So never learn from mistake?! [confused]  [furious]  [furious]

Supersonic

Behind the 'political pressure' that led to the 'afterthought' of Bukit Panjang LRT

âNo LRT is designed that way â in such a masochistic manner where you force yourself up and down, twist and turn,â said Mr Khaw. âIâve taken the BPLRT a few times as a commuter, and I wonât say I enjoyed the ride because it caused me dizziness also â but that is life.â

Bukit Panjang LRT revamp will tackle design issues

So never learn from mistake?! [confused][furious][furious]

Again millions of taxpayers monies thrown away just like that.

GST still want to increase another 2% somemore.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think the biggest problem is that you still have only one line to get to city.... everyone Cheong to east west line.....

I think the new Thomson line make more sense, a parallel line with ns line... but also have lots of stations....

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I think the biggest problem is that you still have only one line to get to city.... everyone Cheong to east west line.....

I think the new Thomson line make more sense, a parallel line with ns line... but also have lots of stations....

lots of stations are ok if the distance between station is not very far away. More station can benefits more people. Anyway, i think there is no change for all people cheong to EWL, cause even they dont build Jurong Region Line, all people staying in the Jurong area still would ended up taking the EWL to city.

Supersonic
(edited)

Behind the 'political pressure' that led to the 'afterthought' of Bukit Panjang LRT

âNo LRT is designed that way â in such a masochistic manner where you force yourself up and down, twist and turn,â said Mr Khaw. âIâve taken the BPLRT a few times as a commuter, and I wonât say I enjoyed the ride because it caused me dizziness also â but that is life.â

Bukit Panjang LRT revamp will tackle design issues

So never learn from mistake?! [confused][furious][furious]

think its probably due to land use issues. got to see whats at the bend locations.

or maybe they learning from the Hakone Tozan Train line :XD:

Edited by kdash
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

think its probably due to land use issues. got to see whats at the bend locations.

or maybe they learning from the Hakone Tozan Train line :XD:

You are right bro, cannot cut thru my hdbee lah.....

Turbocharged

lots of stations are ok if the distance between station is not very far away. More station can benefits more people. Anyway, i think there is no change for all people cheong to EWL, cause even they dont build Jurong Region Line, all people staying in the Jurong area still would ended up taking the EWL to city.

? Previously those not near a station might take a direct bus to city what. Now you have more lines funneling into the east west line sure more people take mrt.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1