Recommendations for Braces?

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

As the title suggests, any recommendations for places to get braces done?

Those who have gotten braces before, please help me!

Thanks for the help! :D

↡ Advertisement

133 Cecil Street

6226 2296

Aesthetic Dental Care

www.aestheticdental.com.sg/

look for doctor quek. (male)

OR

Dental Surgeon at The Dental Practice, Blk 746 Bedok Reservoir Road #01-3007 Singapore 470746 Tel: 62425626

look for doctor leng. (female)

Edited by Rainbowbiatch
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I am doing mine at Alfred Cheng Orthodontic Clinic Singapore anyway.

In case anybody looking for a place to do braces too. [:p]

Internal Moderator

People who have done braces before... did all your tightening session ache badly?

Just tightened my braces less than two hours ago and am starting to feel the ache. Plus having that sore feeling on your teeth when we first got spaces/braces on.

Yet to eat anything but I think it will be back to porridge diet again? :huh:

(edited)

Got no idea. Let the dentist recommend?

Any recommendation bro?

Look for Dr Kenneth Lew. My entire family has used his services and I've recommended to our friends as well. He's an orthodontist as well which means he can correct severe underbite, overbite etc.

Tanglin Dental Surgeons

19 Tanglin Rd, Tanglin Shopping Centre #06-22

Tel: 6733 2322

His pricing his competitive, in fact, I'd say better than some neighbourhood dentists who charge a bomb and who can muck up the fitting of bracers.

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Look for Dr Kenneth Lew. My entire family has used his services and I've recommended to our friends as well. He's an orthodontist as well which means he can correct severe underbite, overbite etc.

Tanglin Dental Surgeons

19 Tanglin Rd, Tanglin Shopping Centre #06-22

Tel: 6733 2322

His pricing his competitive, in fact, I'd say better than some neighbourhood dentists who charge a bomb and who can muck up the fitting of bracers.

Thanks bro.

Got a quote from Q&M and they already charged $5000 for a set of metal braces.

Turbocharged

Got no idea. Let the dentist recommend?

Any recommendation bro?

@Fcw75,

I am currently undergoing Invisalign dental treatment with DP Dental:

http://www.dpdental.com.sg/

It's been one year (probably with another to go), service and professionalism is top-notch; the clinical director, Dr. Yue, is very experienced in orthodontics; my dentist is Dr. Pearlyn Pan.

P.S. No vested commercial interest, just sharing my personal experience.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

@Fcw75,

I am currently undergoing Invisalign dental treatment with DP Dental:

http://www.dpdental.com.sg/

It's been one year (probably with another to go), service and professionalism is top-notch; the clinical director, Dr. Yue, is very experienced in orthodontics; my dentist is Dr. Pearlyn Pan.

P.S. No vested commercial interest, just sharing my personal experience.

Hi there, thanks!

Can I know roughly how much does Invisalign cost?

Turbocharged

Hi there, thanks!

Can I know roughly how much does Invisalign cost?

@Fcw75,

Depending on the complexity of your case, from $6,000 - $8,000.

I've got fxxked-up teeth, paid the highest tier (they called it "Full Invisalign" treatment): $8,000.

One good thing about Invisalign: hardly anyone will know you're wearing braces; furthermore, you can take them out for your meals, so it's quite convenient.

However, have to be disciplined and keep it on for 20 - 22 hours a day, and keep good oral hygiene to avoid gum infections, etc.

(edited)

@Fcw75,

Depending on the complexity of your case, from $6,000 - $8,000.

I've got fxxked-up teeth, paid the highest tier (they called it "Full Invisalign" treatment): $8,000.

One good thing about Invisalign: hardly anyone will know you're wearing braces; furthermore, you can take them out for your meals, so it's quite convenient.

However, have to be disciplined and keep it on for 20 - 22 hours a day, and keep good oral hygiene to avoid gum infections, etc.

I had Invisaligned done at DP Dental too. My doc was Dr Yue. Very professional service. Alot of doctors treat the symptoms and not the cause. His approach is different. To me, his practice is to ensure that he provides a comprehensive oral health care for you.

Although not cheap, Invisalign results are very fast and very accurate. You even get a 3D visual of how your corrected teeth will look like before you start the regime.

Invisalign is also very comfortable and convenient. Its nearly invisible (unless you look up real close at the person's teeth) and you will never get food bits stuck on ur braces because you simply take off the retainers while eating and put it back on after meals. This is a real PLUS.

However, you have to keep to the 20-22hr prescribed regime and good oral hygiene is a must.

I would recommend it to anyone who has the budget to go for Invisalign.

Nina

Edited by Ninafrost
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Personally I think Invisalign is over-rated. It's all marketing hype to me (but they do a good job since everyone heard of it).

I'm currently having a clear aligners alternative called MBrace. It was recommended by my orthodontist as I felt that Invisalign was too expensive (8k!)

Mbrace is much cheaper and to me is just as good. I change a new pair of aligners every two weeks, it's just as invisible, and I also get the video that shows the difference from start to finish. My ortho told me that a lot of her patients choose Mbrace over Invisalign anyway so I just bit the bullet.

Anyway, I highly recommend my ortho, Dr Neo Bijuan. The website is neosmiles.com.sg and you can call them at 6481-0800.

Don't waste your money on Invisalign!

↡ Advertisement