"Prevent" Scratches.UV damage on paint/No Swirl marks Svc?

Jano

Hi,

looking for a service (some top coat?) on car paint works to try to prevent Scratches, Discoloration of Paint from hot sun on a daily basis (exposed carpark).

I have been looking at those 2nd hand cars thats being groomed by car dealers but from far, looks shiny n bling but upon close inspection, can see lots of swirl marks on the material. I think the basic coat of the car paint has already been damaged because of this polishing or whatever u called.

So i'm looking for a service that dont create this problem.

In the long run, hope that the extra $ fork out on the protection of paint = less time spend taking care of the car n if need to sell off later, hopefully can command higher price because of extra care taken to protect the paint

Any recommendation?

Thank you

↡ Advertisement

Why don't you drive as per normal then polish swirl marks off before you sell your car, few hundred bucks only.

2. Polish every cny like some

3. Polish every now and then like me [bounce2]

Hi,

looking for a service (some top coat?) on car paint works to try to prevent Scratches, Discoloration of Paint from hot sun on a daily basis (exposed carpark).

I have been looking at those 2nd hand cars thats being groomed by car dealers but from far, looks shiny n bling but upon close inspection, can see lots of swirl marks on the material. I think the basic coat of the car paint has already been damaged because of this polishing or whatever u called.

So i'm looking for a service that dont create this problem.

In the long run, hope that the extra $ fork out on the protection of paint = less time spend taking care of the car n if need to sell off later, hopefully can command higher price because of extra care taken to protect the paint

Any recommendation?

Thank you

Jano..Nothing can prevent scratches but maybe minise swirl marks..Depending on the condition of the car you are getting..If it is factory paint, get a reputable detailer to do a paint correction...If the car has been re-paint before and the paintwork is not up to your standard..Go to a paint shop..Pay more and a get a good clearcoat..

Jano..Nothing can prevent scratches but maybe minise swirl marks..Depending on the condition of the car you are getting..If it is factory paint, get a reputable detailer to do a paint correction...If the car has been re-paint before and the paintwork is not up to your standard..Go to a paint shop..Pay more and a get a good clearcoat..

Hi,

sorry didnt phrase my Qn properly

the car i have is without swirl mark. Very new looking, like showroom car.

What i'm trying to ask is, does going to such services (coating etc) actually create swirl marks on the car if the pax is not careful abt the equipment. Thats the last thing anyone will want, to pay $$$ to do a job and end up a car without swirl marks become one with the marks. so not sure if anyone has tried companies doing paint protection and doesnt create this problem for customers

Thank you

bro, when coming back to do polishing [laugh]

Hi,

sorry didnt phrase my Qn properly

the car i have is without swirl mark. Very new looking, like showroom car.

What i'm trying to ask is, does going to such services (coating etc) actually create swirl marks on the car if the pax is not careful abt the equipment. Thats the last thing anyone will want, to pay $$$ to do a job and end up a car without swirl marks become one with the marks. so not sure if anyone has tried companies doing paint protection and doesnt create this problem for customers

Thank you

Jano, the best is to know what products you will be buying..Do a search and read up before commiting. There are many going around with a liquid wax claiming to be a coating. My understanding on coating is that it should be something permanent? certain hardness and resistance to contaminents.

There are tons of "coating" in the markets this days..Do a search on them and see what they are made of and of cos the workmanship of the applicator.

Jano, the best is to know what products you will be buying..Do a search and read up before commiting. There are many going around with a liquid wax claiming to be a coating. My understanding on coating is that it should be something permanent? certain hardness and resistance to contaminents.

There are tons of "coating" in the markets this days..Do a search on them and see what they are made of and of cos the workmanship of the applicator.

Talking about coating, which one good?
↡ Advertisement