My built-in oven trip the house power supply

Donut

Ah Huat?? :D

Ah Huat uses the thermal radiation oven, in short, body heat, he hug the oven,

and the temperature builds up. Very good for huat kuay. :D

↡ Advertisement

Jose Felatio I mean Feliciano is Ric's favourite :D

oh you really love to give me a heads up don't you, you piece of heaving bosoms.

:D

Edited by Happily1986

oh you really love to give me a heads up don't you, you piece of heaving bosoms.

:D

So many gay marriages in MCF, Cub & fish, now Poke Pork and you. So sweet. :D :D

Seems like oven tripping is common in Singapore!

My Bosch oven tripped last week and I got it repaired by this service provider. Very professional and has a solution for this. Highly recommended to contact them at www.mexif.co or can pm me if contact number required.

warm the oven once a week for 10minutes is a routine for most ovens.

Moisture will appear on the heating element that causes the oven to trip.

Dug out an old thread because me also facing the same problem with my table top oven. Last use was using convection mode to roast the turkey, but when switch to grill, after a while power trip. Yesterday wanted to try again use the grill mode. Power trip again after the oven heating up a while.

Lazy to Google for solution so just call a handy man to repair it.

2 solutions given : 

1. send back to agent to change element for few hundreds buck but will eventually trip again if I seldom use the oven ( not worth it since the oven already 6 yrs old)

2. He change circuitry, and will not ever trip (smaller repair fee)

I choose the 2nd option.

After fixing, oven works. Great!

After having think for  while, what he did that cause the oven not to trip? OMG, have he removed the chasis grounding??

Called the repair man, he said chasis changed from ground to neutral, if any current leakage, it will trip the power too.

OK!

Further deep thinking... chasis tied to neutral, what if when next time I change the power plug, I accidentally swap the live with neutral, then the chasis with be electrify with live! or what if electrician contractor connect live and neutral wrongly at the wall socket (which happened in my flat before cos I test all power socket with a tester after the reno)

Answer is YES! the chasis will be electrify is there's swapping of polarity in the plug or outlet!!

He said it's safe in singapore, every outlet is tested by PUB and if using extension, get those SPRING approved....erh... error can happened based on my personal experience.

Dangerous!! I cannot take this solution... ask repairman to revert back my oven circuitry to original, even I have to forfeit the repair fee rather than risking getting electrocuted.

Now hope after the heating of the oven, the moisture built up in the heating element had gone and by re-instatement of the grounding to the chasis will not trip the power supply.

Finger cross.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Bluepica said:

Dug out an old thread because me also facing the same problem with my table top oven. Last use was using convection mode to roast the turkey, but when switch to grill, after a while power trip. Yesterday wanted to try again use the grill mode. Power trip again after the oven heating up a while.

Lazy to Google for solution so just call a handy man to repair it.

2 solutions given : 

1. send back to agent to change element for few hundreds buck but will eventually trip again if I seldom use the oven ( not worth it since the oven already 6 yrs old)

2. He change circuitry, and will not ever trip (smaller repair fee)

I choose the 2nd option.

After fixing, oven works. Great!

After having think for  while, what he did that cause the oven not to trip? OMG, have he removed the chasis grounding??

Called the repair man, he said chasis changed from ground to neutral, if any current leakage, it will trip the power too.

OK!

Further deep thinking... chasis tied to neutral, what if when next time I change the power plug, I accidentally swap the live with neutral, then the chasis with be electrify with live! or what if electrician contractor connect live and neutral wrongly at the wall socket (which happened in my flat before cos I test all power socket with a tester after the reno)

Answer is YES! the chasis will be electrify is there's swapping of polarity in the plug or outlet!!

He said it's safe in singapore, every outlet is tested by PUB and if using extension, get those SPRING approved....erh... error can happened based on my personal experience.

Dangerous!! I cannot take this solution... ask repairman to revert back my oven circuitry to original, even I have to forfeit the repair fee rather than risking getting electrocuted.

Now hope after the heating of the oven, the moisture built up in the heating element had gone and by re-instatement of the grounding to the chasis will not trip the power supply.

Finger cross.

Your repairman is dangerous. Never ever removed the earth wire. It's there for a purpose, it's SAFETY.

For your heating element, just use a hair dryer and blow hot air at the ends of the heating element for a couple of minutes. That should drive away any moisture, enough not to trip the breaker.

Everyone has a hair dryer, right ?

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Your repairman is dangerous. Never ever removed the earth wire. It's there for a purpose, it's SAFETY.

For your heating element, just use a hair dryer and blow hot air at the ends of the heating element for a couple of minutes. That should drive away any moisture, enough not to trip the breaker.

Everyone has a hair dryer, right ?

Yup, I read about it... will do that. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

The repair guy is quite WTF. Lucky u are some guy with some basic electrical understanding.
Whether he killed someone before from this dodgy advice also dunno...

Hair dryer, I've done it before.
Sometimes it may require prolonged heating with hair dryer.

Probably i need to do it for my new place cos the existing built in oven not been switched on for almost a year.

U can actually just leave the hairdryer on inside the oven and close the door for 10-15min periods. Mine required almost 40-45mins with the hair dryer. Such that my hair dryer the plastic end is slightly deformed from the heat haha

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Bluepica said:

My combo microwave oven has the same problem when using the convection oven. I remove the earth with when using this function and put back when done. And make sure no one else uses it during the period. 

• Praise 1