My built-in oven trip the house power supply

Donut

On 9/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, Will_I_Am said:

My Oven ... zzzz 😁

IMG_3773.jpg

most ppl when buying new house and planning renovation will very "gian' to add in a built in oven in their kitchen to look more aesthetic ... after moving in, use a few time - at most for house warming only... then very soon become a white elephant like yours... LOL!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Bluepica said:

most ppl when buying new house and planning renovation will very "gian' to add in a built in oven in their kitchen to look more aesthetic ... after moving in, use a few time - at most for house warming only... then very soon become a white elephant like yours... LOL!

Yes built-in oven got to use often otherwise will spoil.

Mine use few times a day.... lucky so far ok - 1st one around 9years, 2nd one around 6 so far

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Bluepica said:

Yeah, during my renovation, we know the oven is rarely used and omit it. But we do have a cabinet space where there is a pull up and pull down door for a microwave oven. Then one day the thing spoil and buying a new one need to go measure the space and cannot buy a new one which is too big. Feels silly. 

Initially want to make it look so nice as in you pull up the cover like a sliding door and wow, there is the microwave, use it, cool down and cover it up again. But not so after you wanna upgrade with a bigger one

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Yeah, during my renovation, we know the oven is rarely used and omit it. But we do have a cabinet space where there is a pull up and pull down door for a microwave oven. Then one day the thing spoil and buying a new one need to go measure the space and cannot buy a new one which is too big. Feels silly. 

Initially want to make it look so nice as in you pull up the cover like a sliding door and wow, there is the microwave, use it, cool down and cover it up again. But not so after you wanna upgrade with a bigger one

When I bought my house 2nd hand, the ex-owner built a space enough for his fridge. But of cuz my fridge is too wide to fit that space and I can't bash down good cabinets. So no choice have to move it elsewhere.

• Haha! 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, Bluepica said:

Finally, the oven works without tripping.

It took me 2 weeks to turn on the oven at grill mode 110 degree celcius daily for an hour without grounding. I check once after a week with earth wire connected back, it trips.

Today, I put back the earth wire and use it for more than an hour with different mode at 200 degree celcius, no tripping liao. 

hmm one hour not enough lah. u should let your oven run with a small gap so that moisture can leak out. 

FYI, when i managed to revive my oven after 1.5 years of non usage, i ran the oven for 3-4 hrs after kick starting with the hair dryer (which by itself took several hours of attempting). Since then bo taichi.

• Praise 2

Lol my new place the built in oven left over by previous owner also tripping.

50 degrees also cannot. Looks like need to revive it too. 

Wah this fujioh built in. The timer is mechanical wtf. Like my 40 dollar toaster oven lol. 

Quite irritating the tick tick tick sound esp if u doing other cooking stuff. I mean 5-15 mins for normal toaster oven is no big deal. But a built in can go for hours. Zzz 

Wah macham like 20-30 years ago oven... 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Kb27 said:

When I bought my house 2nd hand, the ex-owner built a space enough for his fridge. But of cuz my fridge is too wide to fit that space and I can't bash down good cabinets. So no choice have to move it elsewhere.

But I still like to fit all properly. For my place, all the cabinets must be top to bottom sealed and leaves little gap for the dust and insects. 

I can tell you one thing good about it. When I was having my Arowana and I keep the crickets in the pail. One day I accidently topple the pail and they all run out. with no space or gaps to run, I clean it up easily.

So for my place, I must make it a little gap and as little opening as possible especially I am mostly not at home

• Haha! 1

On 10/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, Lala81 said:

Brought down a hairdryer to the new place to sort out the new oven. 

Started with tripping at 50 degrees.

After about almost 3 hrs and many circuit breaker trips later, it can hold temperature at 120 degrees. But trips at closer to 130-140. Tomorrow do somemore. Once u go past 150 it shouldn't trip anymore (I used to think above 120 can already, but obviously proven wrong). 

My suggestion would be once u used the hair dryer once to heat the oven up and the temp can hold above 50 degrees. When it trips when u slowly increase and it trips at the higher temp. Straight away open the oven door and blast it with your hairdryer for a while. Close the door Then reduce the temp and try to increase over time again. 

It really test your patience esp after the 20th trip. I even switch off ceiling fan and just left one or two lights on so I know when it trips. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 10/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, Lala81 said:

Wah this fujioh built in. The timer is mechanical wtf. Like my 40 dollar toaster oven lol. 

Quite irritating the tick tick tick sound esp if u doing other cooking stuff. I mean 5-15 mins for normal toaster oven is no big deal. But a built in can go for hours. Zzz 

Wah macham like 20-30 years ago oven... 

Mine is EF oven. Mech too, don’t really hear it ticking. But I don’t use it to keep time. Just turn it to more than the time I need and I use an electronic countdown timer with alarm. Works best for me as I can go about doing other stuff and the alarm will scream when it is done. 

Edited by Mkl22

39 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Mine is EF oven. Mech too, don’t really hear it ticking. But I don’t use it to keep time. Just turn it to more than the time I need and I use an electronic countdown timer with alarm. Works best for me as I can go about doing other stuff and the alarm will scream when it is done. 

Haha its quite annoying when u are cooking. Seriously we in 21st century already, still using mechanical wind up timers. An oven digital circuit board will usually last quite long one lah. 

But ah well. The oven should still work. So just a minor quirk to live with. 

Can't even listen to music properly with that tick tick tick.... 

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

After about almost 3 hrs and many circuit breaker trips later, it can hold temperature at 120 degrees. But trips at closer to 130-140. Tomorrow do somemore. Once u go past 150 it shouldn't trip anymore (I used to think above 120 can already, but obviously proven wrong). 

My suggestion would be once u used the hair dryer once to heat the oven up and the temp can hold above 50 degrees. When it trips when u slowly increase and it trips at the higher temp. Straight away open the oven door and blast it with your hairdryer for a while. Close the door Then reduce the temp and try to increase over time again. 

It really test your patience esp after the 20th trip. I even switch off ceiling fan and just left one or two lights on so I know when it trips. 

Your patience is formidable. 

I would probably smash my oven on the 3rd trip.

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

Your patience is formidable. 

I would probably smash my oven on the 3rd trip.

Place not inhabited yet. Was also cleaning out the cabinets. So left this on at the background. Multi task. 

9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Haha its quite annoying when u are cooking. Seriously we in 21st century already, still using mechanical wind up timers. An oven digital circuit board will usually last quite long one lah. 

But ah well. The oven should still work. So just a minor quirk to live with. 

Can't even listen to music properly with that tick tick tick.... 

Actually I don't like electronics. Mechanical stuffs can last forever, not electronics. I just bought an air fryer oven, was happy it was all mechanical knobs. 😁

And I'm an electronics guy.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Actually I don't like electronics. Mechanical stuffs can last forever, not electronics. I just bought an air fryer oven, was happy it was all mechanical knobs. 😁

And I'm an electronics guy.

air fryer use for 20-30mins gaotim. And usually it's quite noisy the fan. So seldom even hear the ticking. [laugh]

Built in Oven can use for hours. And the fan sound is insulated off. So it's doubly annoying.

All my clocks in my house must be silent. I don't like the magnetic ballast sound also.

And while i seldom use beyond 2 hrs, the 2 hrs limit on the mechanical timer is also a limitation. Digital is zhun zhun, 10mins is 10mins. this one still have to gasak gasak here. zzz.

Edited by Lala81

On 10/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, Lala81 said:

My wife continued on the breaking in yesterday. It only tripped once at 150 degrees and could reach max temperature. 
Mission accomplished. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1