How to remove these white spots?

E-Jazz

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros/Sis,

I recently applied some swirl and scratch removals on my bonnet. However, the plastic trimming was left unprotected when I lay the cloth with the cream on it while doing cleaning up.

The next day, I realize that these spots seems to have formed on the black plastic portion as per shown in the image attached.

Is there any way I can remove them?

I tried normal water, even detailer and glass cleaners, didn't work. It seems to disappear when I wipe it with a wet cloth but shortly once it dries, the spots appears again.

Do share with me if you know of any item that can remove the stains.

Thank you

post-73995-1358608703_thumb.jpg

post-73995-1358608713_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

You can try using this brand, black magic, protectant. It's used for plastic trims just like Armorall but its oil based. It will work very well but will not last very long since your plastic is on the outside exposed to the elements

Hi Bros/Sis,

I recently applied some swirl and scratch removals on my bonnet. However, the plastic trimming was left unprotected when I lay the cloth with the cream on it while doing cleaning up.

The next day, I realize that these spots seems to have formed on the black plastic portion as per shown in the image attached.

Is there any way I can remove them?

I tried normal water, even detailer and glass cleaners, didn't work. It seems to disappear when I wipe it with a wet cloth but shortly once it dries, the spots appears again.

Do share with me if you know of any item that can remove the stains.

Thank you

Jazz, from your description, the polish has stain the plastic trimming..is either you can use apc but need some dilution incase it damage the trimming or get the wax eraser to do the job. After that then you apply a layer of protectant..if you do not get rid of the stain..no matter what protectant you apply, it reappear after a short while..

100614025442_WaxEraser.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

MD, thanks for sharing the product.

Today I tried using Leather Conditioner (which i read from many sources), seems to work in removing the stain. But I will continue to monitor to see if it resurfaces.

If it does, then high chance I'll have to PM MD for the product :)

Thanks all once again.

Guys I found a way to remove the white spots. I used rainX apply on cloth and rub it off the plastic. It works. Maybe you guys can give it a try.

Neutral Newbie

Firstly try to clean them with an All Purpose Cleaner (APC) such as Meguiars which you can find at Autobacs or Giant and a microfiber cloth. This will typically remove staining of polish residue from plastic trims.

Otherwise, trim rejuvinators such as CarPro C.Quartz DLUX or Gtechniq C4 will be able to restore plastics by darkening to original as well as removing stubborn stains. They are high quality products, but are rather dear and may need to be imported online.

There are other off the shelf products not as long lasting in effect as the two mentioned above, but could still do the trick. What you're looking for is a good clean followed by applying a trim restorer. Hope that helps :)

↡ Advertisement