Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Hi all forummers and the buyer of the BMW 320i,

Good afternoon to all of you, i'm Dex Koh, Manager of JDM Cars Pte Ltd.

If there's any clarification needed, i'm most welcome to disclose my office address together with my mobile number for further clarification.

Secondly, if the buyer allows, i can also disclose the number plate together with his mobile number for a clearer clarification.

Firstly, i would like to thank all MCF forummers and the buyer for giving me a chance to explain myself and not forgetting the whole situation of what really happened. I would really love to get all doubts cleared and hope everyone here would be able move on happily to get their dream cars from the New/Used cars dealers.

On the 16 March 2014, Buyer signed an agreement with JDM Cars Pte Ltd to make a purchase of the vehicle. Buyer also request to send the purchased vehicle to his appointed workshop (Trop**al Su**ess Auto Care) for a thorough check before collecting his car. Yes, there is some defects on the purchased vehicle (Note : it's a 7 years old car). JDM Cars Pte Ltd also agreed to rectify all defects stated from his appointed workshop before delivery. Handing over was done smoothly on the 20th March 2014 with all servicing and defects cleared.

Next, a few months later after delivery, owner of the purchased vehicle called and notified that there's a defect on the oil seepage. Owner also seek advise from workshop to check if it's necessary to change the suspension. (Note : Mechanic deem the suspension is in a GOOD condition to move but it MIGHT not last for 3 years since the vehicle left only 3 years to scrape/export). Therefore, workshop mechanic advised owner to get it change and use it for the next 3 years to prevent any discomfort/worries driving the vehicle. After being notified by the workshop mechanic, JDM Cars Pte Ltd, out of the goodwill, subsidied a portion of his invoice.

Lastly, it takes two hands to clap, i would also like to apologise to the owner if there's any inconvenience caused or any miscommunication. We sincerely open for any further discussion and any further negotiation for any compensation due to any inconvenience caused. We would also like to clarify that we do not mean to 'challenge the owner' to bring this case to Small Claims, Court etc. As we are unable to create a win-win situation for both parties, therefore we advised Owner to seek further advises from Small Claims or any other alternatives.

Last but not least, JDM Cars Pte Ltd would like to apologise to everyone related to this matter if there's any inconvenience caused. JDM Cars Pte Ltd would like to take this opportunity to advise every car buyer to check through the Vehicle before making any purchase and also go through the Sales Agreement contract thoroughly with the appointed sales representative before signing on the contract. Not forgetting to check through the car once again before taking over your dream car.

JDM Cars Pte Ltd wishes everybody a smooth and safe journey.

Best Regards

Dex Koh Y. C.

Since you have the buyer's contact, why not settle this matter with him directly?

↡ Advertisement

Wah quite a number of ppl complain about car inn credit at woodland.

Dealt with them who are basically ah bengs, fierce looking and smoking in office.

Asked for discount of car price and admin fee, they agree immediately.

But kena makan few hundred when they help me process insurance, this one can DIY to save money.

Car condition wasn't the best, but i got it fixed up after spending 700 on repairs. There was oil leak but i didnt want to visit their ah beng workshop in case kena chopped.

Transfered to me on the 7th day after few phone calls.

Mixed feelings, slightly cheaper than market but have to deal with ah bengs firmly.

Hi all forummers and the buyer of the BMW 320i,

Good afternoon to all of you, i'm Dex Koh, Manager of JDM Cars Pte Ltd.

If there's any clarification needed, i'm most welcome to disclose my office address together with my mobile number for further clarification.

Secondly, if the buyer allows, i can also disclose the number plate together with his mobile number for a clearer clarification.

Firstly, i would like to thank all MCF forummers and the buyer for giving me a chance to explain myself and not forgetting the whole situation of what really happened. I would really love to get all doubts cleared and hope everyone here would be able move on happily to get their dream cars from the New/Used cars dealers.

On the 16 March 2014, Buyer signed an agreement with JDM Cars Pte Ltd to make a purchase of the vehicle. Buyer also request to send the purchased vehicle to his appointed workshop (Trop**al Su**ess Auto Care) for a thorough check before collecting his car. Yes, there is some defects on the purchased vehicle (Note : it's a 7 years old car). JDM Cars Pte Ltd also agreed to rectify all defects stated from his appointed workshop before delivery. Handing over was done smoothly on the 20th March 2014 with all servicing and defects cleared.

Next, a few months later after delivery, owner of the purchased vehicle called and notified that there's a defect on the oil seepage. Owner also seek advise from workshop to check if it's necessary to change the suspension. (Note : Mechanic deem the suspension is in a GOOD condition to move but it MIGHT not last for 3 years since the vehicle left only 3 years to scrape/export). Therefore, workshop mechanic advised owner to get it change and use it for the next 3 years to prevent any discomfort/worries driving the vehicle. After being notified by the workshop mechanic, JDM Cars Pte Ltd, out of the goodwill, subsidied a portion of his invoice.

Lastly, it takes two hands to clap, i would also like to apologise to the owner if there's any inconvenience caused or any miscommunication. We sincerely open for any further discussion and any further negotiation for any compensation due to any inconvenience caused. We would also like to clarify that we do not mean to 'challenge the owner' to bring this case to Small Claims, Court etc. As we are unable to create a win-win situation for both parties, therefore we advised Owner to seek further advises from Small Claims or any other alternatives.

Last but not least, JDM Cars Pte Ltd would like to apologise to everyone related to this matter if there's any inconvenience caused. JDM Cars Pte Ltd would like to take this opportunity to advise every car buyer to check through the Vehicle before making any purchase and also go through the Sales Agreement contract thoroughly with the appointed sales representative before signing on the contract. Not forgetting to check through the car once again before taking over your dream car.

JDM Cars Pte Ltd wishes everybody a smooth and safe journey.

Best Regards

Dex Koh Y. C.

So did your company tweaked the odometer as claimed by @pooh232? Nothing mentioned in your explanation.

Hi all,

just to add on to the list.

please be aware of JDM Cars at Turf City B26

I have bought a car from them few mths back and realize that they actually tweaked the actual mileage and I have spent quite a huge sum of money on the repair.

I have already pursued my case with them, with CASE and even Small Claim Court ... now money order has been issued and I am pending for them to compensate me. In event if they still refuse to pay, I will continue and pursue and file for Writ of Seizure from them.

Based on the response

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2685954-beware-of-2nd-hand-car-dealerspart-2-blacklist-here/?p=5311235

from DexKoh

It seems like JDM cars is open for further discussion, and negotiation.

Since Dex Koh have your contact, I have suggested that he give you a call the soonest, to have this resolved.

Side skirt think not easy to lift up.....but can look from below. ^_^

Side skirts are already very low, how low you have to crawl to look from below?? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Based on the response

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2685954-beware-of-2nd-hand-car-dealerspart-2-blacklist-here/?p=5311235

from DexKoh

It seems like JDM cars is open for further discussion, and negotiation.

Since Dex Koh have your contact, I have suggested that he give you a call the soonest, to have this resolved.

Though JDM didn't answer why the mileage was tweaked, the fact that they make effort to response in this thread shows they are opened for further discussion. Maybe, JDM should make the move to call customer since they got the contact. This will definitely put JDM in good stead as a responsive dealer. Hope both parties can settle amicably.

• Praise 2

Wat happened to Teck Wei Credit? Now i see like all his cars is being sold by other dealers.

At one time Teck Wei like trying to sell many private n commercial veh,

But now i see like no more cars to sell...

Did it fold, or Arther decides not to do business?

Anyone ever deal w Teck Wei?

Thank u

Hi all forummers,

Thanks for the replies and comments.

I would like to confirm that there's no tweaking of the odometer done by JDM Cars Pte Ltd (Note : It's a 3 Owners car), i wouldn't confirm what has the previous owner or whoever related to done to the car.

JDM Cars Pte Ltd sincerely wish to apologise for all flames caused and also wish to put this to a full stop.

Thanks for all the advise given, JDM Cars Pte Ltd would take this opportunity to absorb all lesson learnt and give more advises to our Treasured Customer as well as Treasured Staff in the future.

Best Regards

Dex Koh Y. C.

• Praise 1

Hi Dex,

I just RE-CONFIRMED on LTA website and it clearly stated that my car has only ONE (1) transfer, which means that I am the 2nd owner.

So I am not sure what you mean by "Its a 3 owners car".

This means that I will have to report this to LTA since now you have brought up the discrepancy.

Hi all forummers,

Thanks for the replies and comments.

I would like to confirm that there's no tweaking of the odometer done by JDM Cars Pte Ltd (Note : It's a 3 Owners car), i wouldn't confirm what has the previous owner or whoever related to done to the car.

JDM Cars Pte Ltd sincerely wish to apologise for all flames caused and also wish to put this to a full stop.

Thanks for all the advise given, JDM Cars Pte Ltd would take this opportunity to absorb all lesson learnt and give more advises to our Treasured Customer as well as Treasured Staff in the future.

Best Regards

Dex Koh Y. C.

Fellow bros,

This matter has been reported to CASE on 11 Aug, and subsequently to Small Claims Tribunals on 1 Sep, but till date, no SINGLE CALL from JDM at all.

However I am impressed by the power of social media today, that JDM actually replied 2 postings within few hours.

Anyway, I would leave it to the bros here to judge for themselves, on the truth and honesty.

To all bros who have posted, Thank you for your support.

To Moderator, Thank you for your kind attention and suggestion.

• Praise 4

Side skirts are already very low, how low you have to crawl to look from below?? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

If age is catching up n tummy too big.......can use a mirror n torchlight to look. [idea]

Which dealer DON'T tweak the odometer?

The only one I think is Henly.

Precisely, this tampering falls into a 'grey zone' and allows 'misrepresentation' to defraud potential used car buyers. This odometer tampering trade is turning into a piece of art-work for this industry. Best of all, the law is very lenient on the doers. Until the buyers use the necessary law to prove the doers is misrepresenting, the doers haven't done any deed that break any law.

There is probably a handful of clean and honest dealers left. With fierce and unscrupulous dealers out selling the trustworthy few, there is no guanrantee any car from any used car dealer hasn't been odometer tampered.

So, it is clearly a buyers beware market. Unless the car has a valid service record from the AD, you basically need to take it that the car has been odometer tampered. All other sales discounts thrown at the buyers are simply to smoke and hide this art-work.

• Praise 2

Precisely, this tampering falls into a 'grey zone' and allows 'misrepresentation' to defraud potential used car buyers. This odometer tampering trade is turning into a piece of art-work for this industry. Best of all, the law is very lenient on the doers. Until the buyers use the necessary law to prove the doers is misrepresenting, the doers haven't done any deed that break any law.

There is probably a handful of clean and honest dealers left. With fierce and unscrupulous dealers out selling the trustworthy few, there is no guanrantee any car from any used car dealer hasn't been odometer tampered.

So, it is clearly a buyers beware market. Unless the car has a valid service record from the AD, you basically need to take it that the car has been odometer tampered. All other sales discounts thrown at the buyers are simply to smoke and hide this art-work.

Thats why when I buy a 2nd hand car....I wil use my observations n judgement to "estimate" the actual mileage by the condition of various things I can see n "feel" while I do the test drive. [nod]

Mileage shown I dun trust. Especially on older cars. [sly]

Anyway. I think a well maintained n looked after high mileage car is better than a badly looked after car with a low mileage. Some low mileage cars r being sold cos they had a serious accident. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

I was at Wearnes @ Teban Gardens two days ago to enquire on Volvo cars. The gal there told me, if I get one from other AD, I can arrange with them to do a inspection. Beside checking the odometer, whether tweak, they do the normal inspection. The charge is $130 Hope this info useful for those considering a volvo car.

• Praise 1

Thinking if buy used car from car AD, like borneo, komoco, kah etc, would it be safer and betterr?

They have to maintain their reputation as established players.:-)

• Praise 1

If age is catching up n tummy too big.......can use a mirror n torchlight to look. [idea]

Can also stick his hp underneath the side skirts to take pictures :-)

I was at Wearnes @ Teban Gardens two days ago to enquire on Volvo cars. The gal there told me, if I get one from other AD, I can arrange with them to do a inspection. Beside checking the odometer, whether tweak, they do the normal inspection. The charge is $130 Hope this info useful for those considering a volvo car.

U mean they can do the used volvo inspection for you for $130?

↡ Advertisement