Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Given a choice, I would say most dealers prefer STA/Vicom. Give u an example. I bought a used car. From the 1st dealer, I saw a car I like n I told salesman I want send to AA for testing. He said, they only send to STA/Vicom for testing. So, I make an excuse I need to see other car before I make a decision. I went to another dealer who i had in mind which is one of the recommended one in this thread. It so happen that this car is just posted online on the SgCarmart. The engine even haven't clean. I saw the car and I like it. I do a test drive. After that I told the salesman I want send for inspection. The salesman suggested STA/Vicom but I requested AA and he agreed. He told me STA/Vicom is much faster and their grading is straight forward, B or C. If C, I can reject the car. So, I paid a deposit and send the car to AA for evaluation. AA don't give B or C, they give a list of where is no good and need to repair, tune up, top up fuel, etc. Even which place have been re-sprayed, also indicated.

For AA testing, you need to make an appointment yourself with their service dept and the dealer will send the car there for testing. I understand, it's take about 3hours. Buyer will bear the inspection cost, cash or nets. My salesman paid for me first. My salesman told me he don't like go AA leh. Hope this info help.

Hi Bro,

So which items are the deal-breaker if you get the results back from AA?

And how to pen it down into agreement with the dealer?

e.g.

If XXX got problem, no deal.

If YYY got bang before, no deal.

How possible to list all before hand?

And you sit at the inspection place drink kopi wait for 3hrs for the evaluation?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro,

So which items are the deal-breaker if you get the results back from AA?

And how to pen it down into agreement with the dealer?

e.g.

If XXX got problem, no deal.

If YYY got bang before, no deal.

How possible to list all before hand?

And you sit at the inspection place drink kopi wait for 3hrs for the evaluation?

Frankly not possible to pen it down before the deal unless I opt for STA/Vicom which I can back out if there is any C grading. What I want is an independent report and as long as what it's advertised, I would accept. Luckily nothing major. Mostly wear and tear, some alignment and engine oil slump found. My salesman told me, his workshop will clean up the whole engine n test for leak. They will bear the whole cost to rectify all the problems as per AA list.

The salesman is the one who send the car n he wait there. Not sure, may be he la kopi. After rectification, I still can send back to AA to re-evaluate. It's about $40+ but I think not necessary. Hope this help.

• Praise 1

You are right. Have checked out the pre-owned cars from borneo. Same year of used altis selling between borneo and used car dealers, the price different can be at least 4-5k! But the condition of the car at borneo seems to be better.

Definitely better lah. i understand all those very condition ones, they keep n the rest they pass to other Used car dealers to sell. My opinion is that these authorised car agents auto inspect and change the parts if necessary unlike those used car dealers, you have to send for inspection and kick them to change. Some even refused, giving all sort of excuse. So the additional premium paid compensate peace of mind.

Frankly not possible to pen it down before the deal unless I opt for STA/Vicom which I can back out if there is any C grading. What I want is an independent report and as long as what it's advertised, I would accept. Luckily nothing major. Mostly wear and tear, some alignment and engine oil slump found. My salesman told me, his workshop will clean up the whole engine n test for leak. They will bear the whole cost to rectify all the problems as per AA list.

The salesman is the one who send the car n he wait there. Not sure, may be he la kopi. After rectification, I still can send back to AA to re-evaluate. It's about $40+ but I think not necessary. Hope this help.

May we know which dealer?

No harm sharing good dealers rite? [nod]

May we know which dealer?

No harm sharing good dealers rite? [nod]

No problem. I got from Rexy Motor Trading in Ubi Auto Megamart. A nice salesman and working there 20 years. Good lucks.

Supercharged

Speaking from experience? how many of your shots were under exposed?

I dunno....never tried before! [laugh]

Definitely better lah. i understand all those very condition ones, they keep n the rest they pass to other Used car dealers to sell. My opinion is that these authorised car agents auto inspect and change the parts if necessary unlike those used car dealers, you have to send for inspection and kick them to change. Some even refused, giving all sort of excuse. So the additional premium paid compensate peace of mind.

That's why i am thinking if i want to buy used car, should i get from those ADs and pay more for a peace of mind?! Although the selection of cars at ADs very limited. Maybe 1 or 2 cars for one model only.

That's why i am thinking if i want to buy used car, should i get from those ADs and pay more for a peace of mind?! Although the selection of cars at ADs very limited. Maybe 1 or 2 cars for one model only.

I got my used Ford Focus from "Select by ppsl", two + year ago. Till date, still under 5 year warranty and no problem.

Yes, for a peace of mind, try to get used car from AD with warranty. The selection of cars is limited, which is due to AD only re-sale best conditioned used car.

• Praise 1

You can increase your selection by considering Republic Auto, Select By Perfomance or Wearnes (used car division). They are the subsidiaries of C & C, Perfomance Motors and Wearnes itself. Ppl trade in car to them when they upgrade to Mercedes, BMW or Volvo. I talked to of the salesman at Select, he told me those good condition ones, they keep for themselves. So you pay a higher price but peace of mind. But they sell out very fast. So, got to fast hand fast leg.

I got my used Ford Focus from "Select by ppsl", two + year ago. Till date, still under 5 year warranty and no problem.

Yes, for a peace of mind, try to get used car from AD with warranty. The selection of cars is limited, which is due to AD only re-sale best conditioned used car.

Good choice. I went there but don't have my car. Haha

• Praise 2

You can increase your selection by considering Republic Auto, Select By Perfomance or Wearnes (used car division). They are the subsidiaries of C & C, Perfomance Motors and Wearnes itself. Ppl trade in car to them when they upgrade to Mercedes, BMW or Volvo. I talked to of the salesman at Select, he told me those good condition ones, they keep for themselves. So you pay a higher price but peace of mind. But they sell out very fast. So, got to fast hand fast leg.

Saw used cars selling at republic auto, the price is cheaper than ADs, and the condition of the car also seems to looks quite good. Looks like if i want to buy used car, will try looking at these places. But still find used car from ADs should be the safest?!

republic auto only take in cars with full AD service record and traceable. so all the wear and tear and parts replacement are all documented. of course few thousands more than other dealers.

• Praise 1

Saw used cars selling at republic auto, the price is cheaper than ADs, and the condition of the car also seems to looks quite good. Looks like if i want to buy used car, will try looking at these places. But still find used car from ADs should be the safest?!

If I remember correctly, Republic Auto give you 1 year warranty, if no more AD warranty. Check with them.

To me, it is as good.

If with AD warranty, there is no diff between Republic Auto or AD.

As I mentioned , my father called the dealer the boss himself told me can't refund my $1000 btw can include CARS TODAY PTE LTD in the blacklist would like to go to case and appealed if I can't get my money back really hope bros will give me any good advice or help

As I am desperate they really making me mad

Sorry to hear about your plight.

When you sign the sales agreement, did it clearly say that if you dont proceed with the transaction the $1000 is non-refundable? If yes, chances of you retrieving your $$ would be near impossible.

If I remember correctly, Republic Auto give you 1 year warranty, if no more AD warranty. Check with them.

To me, it is as good.

If with AD warranty, there is no diff between Republic Auto or AD.

Sometimes even give warranty also must see it cover what things? Cause when car got problems, usually dealers will tell you warranty dont cover this, dont cover that even your car comes with warranty. Lol. Edited by 13177

As I mentioned , my father called the dealer the boss himself told me can't refund my $1000 btw can include CARS TODAY PTE LTD in the blacklist would like to go to case and appealed if I can't get my money back really hope bros will give me any good advice or help

As I am desperate they really making me mad

What bro Alg said is correct. See what the document states. Nowadays, very difficult to predict on loan and instalment amount in view of the govt loan policy to bank. My suggestion, in order not for the $1000 gone to waste, you may consider a lower value or older car which the dealer possible may agree. Wish you good lucks.

Can also stick his hp underneath the side skirts to take pictures :-)

I heard some pple who do that n get caught wil go to jail. [shocked][sweatdrop]

Or is that a different kind of skirt?

↡ Advertisement