Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Hi, received quite a few PMs from bros (from various forums) - so will consolidate the reply here:

1) For any potential new customers - DO NOT buy from CARS TODAY. They are in serious trouble.

2) For existing victims, please drop me a PM. I will try to arrange for a meet up to explain our options, as well as to share what I've found out so far.

Don't get your hopes up as there are no easy answers - there will be delays, there will be further financial costs and you certainly will NOT be getting all your money back. It is important to bear that in mind, as we have to bite the bullet and salvage what we can.

Also, I will not be entertaining any illegal requests. Yes, I managed to find out where James lives, but that address is only for legit purposes (lawyer letters etc).

But if you want to resort to blackmail, intimidation, threats - I suggest you write to [email protected]. (just kidding, lose nearly 20k so its either laugh or cry)

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, received quite a few PMs from bros (from various forums) - so will consolidate the reply here:

1) For any potential new customers - DO NOT buy from CARS TODAY. They are in serious trouble.

2) For existing victims, please drop me a PM. I will try to arrange for a meet up to explain our options, as well as to share what I've found out so far.

Don't get your hopes up as there are no easy answers - there will be delays, there will be further financial costs and you certainly will NOT be getting all your money back. It is important to bear that in mind, as we have to bite the bullet and salvage what we can.

Also, I will not be entertaining any illegal requests. Yes, I managed to find out where James lives, but that address is only for legit purposes (lawyer letters etc).

But if you want to resort to blackmail, intimidation, threats - I suggest you write to [email protected]. (just kidding, lose nearly 20k so its either laugh or cry)

Thanks

Thanks for this info, and it is good that you still have a little sense of humour after all these ordeal. It's never easy, so keep a light heart, and worst case -- move on. Money can earn back.

Thanks

so who is the main 'bus third' from "Carz Tomoro".... is it only James or others as well?? who are the crooked salesman..wats their hp number? next time better run far far away.....

no doubt can open another company or run solo...but better be careful w this people

Dear all, am looking into this mk2 from this dealer in the below link. Cn't find any review on this dealer. Any opinions ?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=443602&DL=2634

ford focus just go ahead, albeit the slightly high price. old engine, old gearbox. but very hardy. yes there are some parts that are prone to failure (nothing major) but the drive makes up for it

@Flying_genie - If you want to know story you could just asked instead of being rude and borderline abusive.

Last month I had set an appointment with Terrance at Creative Auto to view and test drive a car they had. When I reached there with my wife, Terrance was busy and I was asked to talk to Danny. Danny was rude and completely disinterested to show us the car. He would even let see see the car till we did not agree to their asking price for it. What logic is that? How can I agree to pay the asking price for a car without viewing it and test driving it. Plus Danny was talking abrasively to both me and my wife. I called Terrance and told him what was happening with Danny. Terrance was sitting inside the office and came out. When I told him what had happened with Danny, he just turned around and started talking to another couple who had come there to see a car. I was surprised and disgusted by this treatment. This is not the way to treat any customer.

I have posted the same review on Creative Auto on 3-4 other car forums. Yes I did copy paste my own post on all these car forums here not to fool you but to caution all other car buyers to avoid Creative Auto.

Hope that satisfies your questions which you could have very politely asked.

@Othello - Last month I had set an appointment with Terrance at Creative Auto to view and test drive a car they had. When I reached there with my wife, Terrance was busy and I was asked to talk to Danny. Danny was rude and completely disinterested to show us the car. He would even let see see the car till we did not agree to their asking price for it. What logic is that? How can I agree to pay the asking price for a car without viewing it and test driving it. Plus Danny was talking abrasively to both me and my wife. I called Terrance and told him what was happening with Danny. Terrance was sitting inside the office and came out. When I told him what had happened with Danny, he just turned around and started talking to another couple who had come there to see a car. I was surprised and disgusted by this treatment. This is not the way to treat any customer.

I have posted the same review on Creative Auto on 3-4 other car forums to caution all other car buyers to avoid Creative Auto.

If you wish to condemn others, then post a proper explanation. Is it fair to bad mouth someone with an incomplete story?

Cars Today in the news

Case issues alert over car dealer after complaints

PUBLISHED ON FEB 17, 2015 1:21 AM 0 0 0 0

WHATSAPP

PRINT

EMAIL

BY OLIVIA HO

THE consumers' watchdog has issued an alert about a car dealer after receiving 12 complaints from customers who claim the ownership of the vehicles they bought had not been transferred to them.

The Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) is investigating after buyers reported facing sudden repossession after buying their vehicles from Cars Today in Kaki Bukit.

The claims total almost $500,000.

In most cases, the cars were bought several months ago, but their ownership was not transferred, despite the buyers making several enquiries with the firm.

Many of the customers had their cars towed away at the weekend and others have been told by Cars Today's owner James Poh to expect a repossession.

Mr Poh, 60, admitted to The Straits Times yesterday that his company is struggling to repay a $1 million loan from credit company Kenso Leasing.

He claimed that Kenso suddenly demanded repayment within seven days on Feb 6.

As Mr Poh could not come up with the money in time, Kenso said it would repossess 43 cars from his customers.

Mr Poh said in Mandarin: "I begged (Kenso) for a six-month extension, but they said no.

"Many buyers have been calling me, but I don't have the money to repay them, I have no choice.This is my fault and I don't know how to fix it."

The Straits Times visited Cars Today's headquarters at the Entrepreneur Business Centre, 18 Kaki Bukit Road 3, last night and found it empty, its doors padlocked. At least three letters from lawyers or summons from the Small Claims Tribunal were on the floor.

The Straits Times understands the space was let to new tenants last weekend, as Cars Today owes three months' rent.

A commodity trader, who spoke anonymously, said he stands to lose his downpayment of $18,000 after repossession.

He has formed a WhatsApp group for other buyers facing the same plight, which currently has 14 members, and said he has heard of 10 cars having been towed away since last Friday.

Another buyer, Mr Marc Tay, is expecting his car to be repossessed any day now. He spent almost $31,000 on a Honda Civic last November.

The 25-year-old, who works in business development, said: "I tried to contact the financing company and told them I would willingly surrender the car if they would wait till after Chinese New Year, but they wouldn't even consider this small request.

"This is a big blow for me. I've just started working, and it's my own money - this whole incident has caused a big dent in my financial plans."

Case has advised affected customers to make a police report immediately and consult a lawyer as the claims are more than $10,000 and exceed the jurisdiction of the Small Claims Tribunal.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/singapore/story/case-issues-alert-over-car-dealer-after-complaints-20150217#sthash.O9FWejwx.dpuf

Edited by Coolpica

From the comment in red, it seemed to be one of the tactic to 'kill 2 birds with one stone"? From the onset, such dealers are unethical and dishonest. [shakehead] and ought to be part of those blacklisted here.

Just for the update, the sale of car settled already. The boss called me last week and we talked nicely and explained the situation to me. As the matter of fact, I did read sale agreement again, under the sales agreement clause, they have the right to take the deposit and also selling the car. The boss is very nice, further discount given and reduce the interests rate by forfeiting his commission on the loan. I'm glad that nightmare over and initially I thought just forfeit the deposit and move on and the wait was almost 3 weeks.

Just to share.

Cars Today Sales person contact:

Mathew Poh - 96172372

David - 98072881

Peter Ho - 94655555 / 81833333

Daniel - 98258153

Ho Lin - 84377777

Mr Chong - 81072585

Just to share.

Cars Today Sales person contact:

Mathew Poh - 96172372

David - 98072881

Peter Ho - 94655555 / 81833333

Daniel - 98258153

Ho Lin - 84377777

Mr Chong - 81072585

thank u for sharing..

so this James Poh n Matthew Poh brothers ?? sorry not to Kay Poh,

but im sure this helps...after all they were part

of the company.......

Kenso is already taking action . Thats why they took back all the assets.

name has been transferred and in what ways can kenso repossess the car back??

Should they not sue Car today instead???

• Praise 3

feel sorry for the victims....

those who drove the car owners to suffering..

you'll get the taste of ur medicines...

ur photos are there for people to see....

people's hard earned money went to ur greedy pockets and mouths

to all forummers here...continue to share your unpleasant stories...... we can prevent

others from becoming a victim too....

if u have a good story, do share too...after all good deeds will be rewarded with good returns...

the basics of Karma...

Edited by EvidenceProtocol
  • Praise 1

thank u for sharing..

so this James Poh n Matthew Poh brothers ?? sorry not to Kay Poh,

but im sure this helps...after all they were part

of the company.......

Spoke to Matthew Poh on the phone once, he sounded like a younger guy. Maybe James' son or nephew? Then again, might be unrelated, who knows.

Family nearly bought cars from them in the past, but didn't end up doing so. Thank God! This is a real nightmare for those who are having their cars repossessed for nothing; hope something can be worked out for the unfortunate victims.

Edited by Bicolor