Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

My friend bought a car from Village Credit a couple of months ago and he had no problems, dealer was very professional and honest in his dealings with him. The person was Richard but he's not the salesperson, more of the purchaser. The way he talks and questions, I think he works better than the other salespeople working there.

↡ Advertisement

Thank you so much!

Actually I found it in this link: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2649561-beware-of-2nd-hand-car-dealers-blacklist-here/page-40

But this list was more than a year ago.

Found another 'quite' latest list. This could more useful.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2685954-beware-of-2nd-hand-car-dealerspart-2-blacklist-here/page-20

Thank you so much!

Actually I found it in this link: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2649561-beware-of-2nd-hand-car-dealers-blacklist-here/page-40

But this list was more than a year ago.

I used to see a list of companies blacklisted but seems it lost somewhere. I was also panic on my recent car purchase and really very frustrated, checked with Small claim don't cover in deposit and CASE is 50-50% because the clauses we signed with the car dealer have stated that the car is "as is" condition and deposit will not refund. If we don't sign that agreement, does that mean we cannot buy the car. As buyer we are already at disadvantage at the start just by signing the sales agreement.

I look at the list of companies, is very common to see their ads in the website.  

Can we tag next to the car dealer company of what they done, example like tamper meter, dishonest and etc and pin it as "Board of honour".  So next time, whoever want to buy car,can just see the summary and decide themselves whether they want to proceed with the purchase with the car dealers.  

1) Car Bizz

2) Carlink Enterprise

3) Formula Motors

4) KS Automobile

5) Senbel Automobile

6) Abwin Trading

7) Hua Yang Credit

8) Fugen Automobile

9) Tan Motor Car Enterprise

10) Starbright Auto

11) Vincar

12) 88 Motor Trading

13) Hoe Beng Auto Trading

14) Carworld Automobile

15) In-Carz Automobiles

16) Wise Auto

17) Leco Automobile

18) G Motor Trading

19) Daniel Motoring

20) DarbZ Auto

21) Hui Hua Credit Pte Ltd

22) Chin Lian Seng Motor Trading

23) GT Motors

24) Car Ranger

25) Allbest Motoring

26) Mayfair Motoring

27) Straits Euro Motor

28) Shuang Hup Credit

29) GV Credit

30) Starway Auto Enterprise

31) Venture Cars

32) LTL Motor Trading

33) Citicar International

34) Horizon Motoring

35) Hock Chai Yi Motor Trading

36) Auto Zion Gallery

37) Carway Enterprise

38) Cars Today

39) Village Credit

40) Creative Auto

• Praise 1

I used to see a list of companies blacklisted but seems it lost somewhere. I was also panic on my recent car purchase and really very frustrated, checked with Small claim don't cover in deposit and CASE is 50-50% because the clauses we signed with the car dealer have stated that the car is "as is" condition and deposit will not refund. If we don't sign that agreement, does that mean we cannot buy the car. As buyer we are already at disadvantage at the start just by signing the sales agreement.

I look at the list of companies, is very common to see their ads in the website.  

Can we tag next to the car dealer company of what they done, example like tamper meter, dishonest and etc and pin it as "Board of honour".  So next time, whoever want to buy car,can just see the summary and decide themselves whether they want to proceed with the purchase with the car dealers.  

1) Car Bizz

2) Carlink Enterprise

3) Formula Motors

4) KS Automobile

5) Senbel Automobile

6) Abwin Trading

7) Hua Yang Credit

8) Fugen Automobile

9) Tan Motor Car Enterprise

10) Starbright Auto

11) Vincar

12) 88 Motor Trading

13) Hoe Beng Auto Trading

14) Carworld Automobile

15) In-Carz Automobiles

16) Wise Auto

17) Leco Automobile

18) G Motor Trading

19) Daniel Motoring

20) DarbZ Auto

21) Hui Hua Credit Pte Ltd

22) Chin Lian Seng Motor Trading

23) GT Motors

24) Car Ranger

25) Allbest Motoring

26) Mayfair Motoring

27) Straits Euro Motor

28) Shuang Hup Credit

29) GV Credit

30) Starway Auto Enterprise

31) Venture Cars

32) LTL Motor Trading

33) Citicar International

34) Horizon Motoring

35) Hock Chai Yi Motor Trading

36) Auto Zion Gallery

37) Carway Enterprise

38) Cars Today

39) Village Credit

40) Creative Auto

Actually, what's the problem with 88 Motor? Mind sharing some stories?

Coz might consider doing business with them but don't know how good they painted the story la. 

Btw, my car's COE is due in 3 weeks time (March 2015). Could anyone recommend or know any Exporter?

Toyota Vios

1.5 Manual

Silver

Thanks

Coz might consider doing business with them but don't know how good they painted the story la.

you should be able to find some stories abt them inside this thread. do a search...

Any one has experience with EXECUTIVE Automobile @Vertex Ubi ? About 3 weeks ago, I responded to their ad and walked into their showroom. They have asked for deposit of 10% of car price plus S$10k deposit for COE, delivery two months later. I walked off as I needed car urgently. Two days ago, I drove pass the showroom and saw that the showroom was emptied. I called the number but apparently was not in use ... Is this another scam just like VOLKS ? If indeed, it seems like this kind of scam is easily duplicated and so far NONE has been charged in court...Buyer please beware when u make the next purchase.

Hi to all again,

Firstly, no offence to anyone & this could be a dumb question to ask.

But Id like to find out more about it to safe guard.

If I buy a used car from a dealer, how can I ensure that the purchased car has no outstanding loan / debt from the dealer (or maybe the previous owner) before transfer the car ownership to me?

For example:

If I (or anyone) pay full amount to buy a used car from a dealer & the car ownership is transfer to me (or the buyer). However, the dealer (or maybe the previous owner) didnt resolve outstanding loan / debt to the bank or moneylender. Will I (or the buyer) bares the outstanding loan / debt because Im the new car ownership?

Will the LTA / Bank / Insurance checks the car itself whether any outstanding loan?

Is there any prevention in this area?

Thanks

Hi to all again,

Firstly, no offence to anyone & this could be a dumb question to ask.

But Id like to find out more about it to safe guard.

If I buy a used car from a dealer, how can I ensure that the purchased car has no outstanding loan / debt from the dealer (or maybe the previous owner) before transfer the car ownership to me?

For example:

If I (or anyone) pay full amount to buy a used car from a dealer & the car ownership is transfer to me (or the buyer). However, the dealer (or maybe the previous owner) didnt resolve outstanding loan / debt to the bank or moneylender. Will I (or the buyer) bares the outstanding loan / debt because Im the new car ownership?

Will the LTA / Bank / Insurance checks the car itself whether any outstanding loan?

Is there any prevention in this area?

Thanks

Loan tag to person not car. Like i borrow from bank is under my name.

I'm not sure if unresolved settlement will able to transfer car. I was told cannot be done. Not sure how true.

But recent news on Car today, the cars that sold to buyers all got tow back by creditor. I did ask my friend why?

He said the company has no money to do the full settlement and the car was not transferred over to the new owner yet and creditor came to claim company assets.

For car loan, the bank / finance company will tag the car to the LTA system.

This will safeguard them from any transfer of ownership if full settlement is not done.

The transfer of ownership can only be done once full settlement is received by bank / finance company and the car has been untag in the LTA system.

Generally, it will takes 1 to 3 working days for it to be untag.

LTA allows transfer of ownership to be done within 7 working days upon handover of car.

Please report to LTA if its not done after 7 days as it constitute an offence under the LTA regulations.

Hope this help.

Is very helpful. Thank you so much!

How about if the dealer helps me (or anyone) to get an approved car loan from a bank to buy a used car from him/her, does the bank transfers my loan amount / money to the:

1. Dealer directly?

If yes & the dealer use the loan money for other purpose (instead of paying the full settlement), then I’ll also get cheated because the car is forever tag in the LTA system. Is this one of the loop not cover by law / regulation?

Or

2. To the bank / finance company (the current bank with Outstanding Loan) to pay off the full settlement?

Of course the balance will transfer to the dealer as their profit.

Let say the dealer pays off the full settlement of the purchased car & the car is untag from LTA system, there’s also a RISK that the dealer will transfer the car to another person / company instead of me (or the buyer) right?

Anyone can advise?

Thanks [drivingcar]

For car loan, the bank / finance company will tag the car to the LTA system.

This will safeguard them from any transfer of ownership if full settlement is not done.

The transfer of ownership can only be done once full settlement is received by bank / finance company and the car has been untag in the LTA system.

Generally, it will takes 1 to 3 working days for it to be untag.

LTA allows transfer of ownership to be done within 7 working days upon handover of car.

Please report to LTA if its not done after 7 days as it constitute an offence under the LTA regulations.

Hope this help.

There will always be loopholes in any dealings.

We as consumers are only able to closely monitor the transfer is done within the stipulated period.

Once red flag is detected, do not hesitate to inform LTA.

Procedures and regulations are there to help us but are not full proof.

End of the day, any dealings will basically based on trust.

Choose the Buyer / Seller wisely and hope for the best.

Hope this help.

Any one has experience with EXECUTIVE Automobile @Vertex Ubi ? About 3 weeks ago, I responded to their ad and walked into their showroom. They have asked for deposit of 10% of car price plus S$10k deposit for COE, delivery two months later. I walked off as I needed car urgently. Two days ago, I drove pass the showroom and saw that the showroom was emptied. I called the number but apparently was not in use ... Is this another scam just like VOLKS ? If indeed, it seems like this kind of scam is easily duplicated and so far NONE has been charged in court...Buyer please beware when u make the next purchase.

How difficult/easy to become a car dealers? Is there any licensing needed (like property firm, insurance co) ? Or do they need to register with some body to become a dealer? Or it is as easy as going online to register a business and can become a car dealer? Any dealer can comment?

Btw, my car's COE is due in 3 weeks time (March 2015). Could anyone recommend or know any Exporter?

Toyota Vios

1.5 Manual

Silver

Thanks

Saw at other thread how to use 8-10 yrs car..... They use this link to get qoute.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695492-how-to-sell-8-10-years-old-car-for-the-best-price/

http://quotz.com.sg/how/free_valuation.php

You go and find out from them.

Thanks for the post.

Would you mind elaborate what it's saying in the agreement? Is kinda hard to understand the English.

Thanks

Not sure why used car dealer agreement is difficult to understand, baseline is the car is sold at it original condition, leaking all this is your problem. Next line is the loan must get from them, so they can earn. in the event loan cannot get, deposit not refundable and they can sell the car back in the open market without telling you. Lastly, is in the event everything transit smoothly but you delay taking the car for whatever reason maybe scratch or whatever agreement was not fulfil, they charge you per day $80 as parking fee in their lot.

Of course there are many other term and conditions used in the market. feel free to post and discuss. But remember to remove the company name.

Hi All,

My 1st post was on 13 January 2015 . Which I have had a very bad experience with UNIVERSE MOTORING staff LEONARD WONG.

Now I really believe all things happen for a reason. For this posting I have good news and a good and reliable dealers to recommanded to you all. The dealers is "Carzbond @ C16A"

I bought me current car with them on 27 January 2015..

I request for dealers to have one side of the headlamp change as 1 side was new reckon since it crack and the other side was old so very big diff. Dealers said will polish it to same condition as reckon side with the usual ATF oil change etc..

Upon collection i was still not happy and request that they look for another set of reckon for my headlamp which they said will take time.

For safety reason, I took the car and went to do a regualr servicing on my own cost by changing engine oil, spark plug, aircon filter etc. I even went to change all brand new tyres, polishing and grooming.

My servicing guy then told me that confirm the radiator was change as per what the dealer claim.

But they also notice two issue : -

1) Aircon compressor was leaking.

2) Power Steering might also be leaking.

So even after more than a week after collection I call and inform the dealers of the above 2 issues. Initially I was thinking will they entertain me?

Well they did indeed, Francis the salesperson attending to give me the address told me to fixed appointment and to go down to their workshop. As it was in different area I have to run to 2 different location. The workshop fixed up the aircon compressor leaking at no costing to me as for the power steering leak, they cannot detect hence did some check and told me to go back after a month to check if it is indeed leaking. So all was happy.

Then after almost a month after car collection the so called new car stereo which they change for me upon collection just die on me. Hence I again call the dealer, He told me to go down and they will take a look. After checking confirm the stereo just short circuit and broke down...thinking that I have to spent money again was very suprised when they say they will change another new one for me but I will have to wait about 20 to 30 mimutes for the change.

I am very impressed by them or should I say I am very luck indeed. And today after more than a month they really keep to what they have promised and help me change my the other front headlamp.. Now both my headlamp can balance..

So you see.. there are bad dealers but there are also very good dealers around. Hence I hope beside sharing the bad dealers. Buyers would also take the time and effort to update and share the good dealers with others.

From now onwards I will fully support and recommand Carzbond to all my friends and colleagues who are buying or selling their car to contact Francis. They are at Turf City C16A. :)

From a very very happy buyer ^ - ^

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2