Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

U bought the used car from this dealer..if car were to give u prob few weeks later, will u go back to him n ask him to resolve? I tink the best method is to request to send ur old ride to a neutral workshop n get it diagnosed. if indeed got issues with gearbox then work out something with the dealer that will benefit both parties..if tis particular dealer is crap then probably don't bother,but if itz a good dealer then he deserves fair treatment..cheers

What constitutes a good car dealer?

a) sells u a decent ride at < 5K profit?

b) offers to take in your car closer to the fair market value instead of your paper value?

c) provide friendly service and settles all necessary paperwork promptly?

d) all of the above.

Let us know where we can find dealers equipped with all these attributes.

↡ Advertisement

Not really the case as what I have encountered during my search for used cars over the last few months. All the dealers I met said that it's their company's policy to have this admin charge. IMO this admin fee has now become the industry standard to charge whenever you buy used cars. Even the so called good dealers such as Henly is charging admin feee as well.

For me, upfront i told the dealers that we will negotiate based on a final car price. How they want to split up the price in their Sales Order to indicate the admin charge is their business/problem but no way i'm going to pay a single cent more on top of the final agreed car price.

lol...dun they know that admin charge aka "football" money is soooo passe...

ask them to try harder cos many of their peers have been waiving it off to gain a minute edge over the "competition"

Thank you for pointing that out however, the list was extracted from Post No. 1414 by Hungryforcar which I did not update other than editing the Car Bizz new name for verification and confirmation by members who are active or interested in this topic. The editing was the result of my experimenting with MS Word for sorting.

I very much hope the list can be improved with supporting thread like yours which can then be updated for better and easier reference to those who want to know more information / reasons for the party's inclusion to the blacklist. For e.g.:

BLACKLISTED Companies

1. 88 Motor Trading
  2. Abwin Trading
  3. Allbest Motoring
  4. Auto Zion Gallery
  5. Car Bizz (So, is this now SG Carline?)
  6. CAR LINGUAL
  7. Car Ranger
  8. Carlink Enterprise
  9. Cars Today
  10. Carway Enterprise
  11. Carworld Automobile
  12. Chin Lian Seng Motor Trading
  13. Citicar International
  14. Creative Auto
  15. Daniel Motoring
  16. DarbZ Auto
  17. Formula Motors
  18. Fugen Automobile
  19. G Motor Trading
  20. GT Motors
  21. GV Credit
  22. Hock Chai Yi Motor Trading
  23. Hoe Beng Auto Trading
  24. Horizon Motoring
  25. Hua Yang Credit
  26. Hui Hua Credit Pte Ltd
  27. In-Carz Automobiles
  28. KS Automobile
  29. Leco Automobile
  30. LTL Motor Trading
  31. Mayfair Motoring
  32. Senbel Automobile
  33. Shuang Hup Credit
  34. Starbright Auto
  35. Starway Auto Enterprise
  36. Straits Euro Motor
  37. Tan Motor Car Enterprise
  38. Venture Cars
  39. Village Credit
  40. Vincar
  41. Wise Auto

Nevertheless, the list can always be improved because some dealers such as Abwin Trading are not all bad because while I did buy a vehicle from them previously and encountered some problems, those problems were eventually resolved as a result of compromise by both parties i.e. between me, the salesman and sales manager. I would be more concerned about dishonest unscrupulous dealers than those who are willing to reasonably compromise for mutual benefits.

Hi MadDog70,

I'm not sure if this is the latest update.

Not really the case as what I have encountered during my search for used cars over the last few months. All the dealers I met said that it's their company's policy to have this admin charge. IMO this admin fee has now become the industry standard to charge whenever you buy used cars. Even the so called good dealers such as Henly is charging admin feee as well.

For me, upfront i told the dealers that we will negotiate based on a final car price. How they want to split up the price in their Sales Order to indicate the admin charge is their business/problem but no way i'm going to pay a single cent more on top of the final agreed car price.

When I bought from Henly 2 years ago there was no admin fee and it was due to other mcfs recommendation that they do no charge admin fee and their good reputation that I went to buy from them.. Are you sure now they start to charge admin fees?

(edited)

Yes, quite sure Henly is charging admin fee now based on my experiences recently when I enquired with them. Refer to post #758 under this thread which Henly also mentioned about charging admin fee.

Then again, as said it all depends on one is negotiating with those dealers charging admin fee. For me I dun care whether there is any admin / kopi/ tea/football money or not, as long as the final is right for me.

Edited by Skywire01

Yes, quite sure Henly is charging admin fee now based on my experiences recently when I enquired with them. Refer to post #758 under this thread which Henly also mentioned about charging admin fee.

Then again, as said it all depends on one is negotiating with those dealers charging admin fee. For me I dun care whether there is any admin / kopi/ tea/football money or not, as long as the final is right for me.

that's a very expensive cup of kopi in 3 digits [knife]

Hypersonic

In the end, it depends on your negotiation skill.

Admin fee is basically commission to the salesman. The salesman told me himself.

Few days ago call a secondhand car dealer and made a offer... Was informed that they don't do business over the phone...

Today drive all the way to AMK after 30 over hours from work, a

Made an offer and was told to wait 30 minutes... Waited for 45 minutes no reply... Message the dealer that I am leaving... Received a sms asking me to wait till tomorrow afternoon...

I really don't understand how the market work nowadays... Wasting my time...

Since you've located the owner, why don't you try to deal with him direct? If you remove the 15k you've already paid from the original purchase price, the owner might take it since he also stands to cut the dealer out of his commission.

Not to mention that the owner should take into account the depreciation for these 6 months which he has suffered.

This was being suggested by the owner too but I'm a rather pangtang person so I would rather not buy over a car that gave me problems. Moreover it will be quite troublesome to have to settle the backend works myself. Thanks for the advise though! And once again fellow bros here, do be aware of Sunny from Leeson Motor. Perhaps like what one of the bro here stated, he can simply open up a new company and change name, I can't do anything about this. Some features of him are:

1. Short guy

2. Tattoo sleeve on right arm

Ic.. Ya already called up dealer to check with him he said will be settle asap.. Hopefully thanks for advice..

Hi, in normal case. your financial company will have to refund you the payment unless the validity is over...

My suggestion is follows

-Once dotted line is signed with buyer & seller, indicate the deadline for full settlement clearly, ( Within 3-7 days )

-Cancel your GIRO immediately, this to prevent dealer from overlooked the validity and quite commonly, they will try to buy times and quickly sell the car or transfer to other dealers for quick bucks and not incurring huge amount to full settle your car

-Worst case, dealer will tell you "don't worry, I settle the instalment for u" This shown that they are running on low liquidity and after the instalment paid, they will carry on pushing & selling the cars ASAP before the next instalment dueagain !

-Beware, our car is always involved in lots of money compares to UK which worth peanuts and their transaction is only one piece of pink paper, short & sharp unlike others....

I quote from my UK friend " Wow, your 7 years old SUV and sold for 80K, whereas in UK this is worth perhaps 7-10K " Laughter carry on plus beer follows.....

hi,

owner(s) to this thread kindly do an update on the blacklist pls.

i believe 1 or 2 in the list are still ok...... as said, less it’s of proven/confirmed handlers, dishonest or unscrupulous acts. any ‘unusual or ‘unfair’ processes are free to highlight as well.

now, take WARNINGs on this dealer !!!

Michale Boey, NRIC: S1750030I
Mich Automobile Pte Ltd (company registered in his wife's name)

address:

• 54 Compassvale St 298 at Seng Kang
  • 210 Turf City Club Rd, lot C09 with TEL: 67632128
  • 33 Ubi Ave 3, Vertex #01-34. S408868 with TEL: 63315300

as you can see, above company has few addresses and is still much 'alive' in sgcarmart, but several police reports had been made againts owner runing away with deposits from trade-in & downpayments. this means no purchases from receiving orders, then transfer cars to others with another dodgy deals.....

btw, do we also have a thread on " Beware of Car Workshop on Insurance Claims - Blacklist Here! " ???

• Praise 1

anyone deal with cars inn credit before? contemplating to get a car from them

I bought a car from them last Aug. Ad says 1 owner but turned out to be 3 owners. They demanded a 3k deposit on top of the listed price, which I refused and they relented. Checked the car and found the battery is dead, which they replaced for free. Just be firm and be prepared to walk away to increase your bargaining power [bounce2]

Buy car better by from a person with clean record. recently just drop by at one of the PI in alexandra Vincar Pte Ltd. saw a face very familiar. scally I remembered his face and his name. went to net and google all this stuff come out. I wonder how come they employ such an agressive person with a criminal record

just do a google on his name on google search and you can find many interesting info about him.

here are a few links posted by straits times and newspapers

no wonder I find him familiar.

↡ Advertisement