Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

(edited)

As long as it doesn't make money, never make news with a foreigner and no one from up there speakers....we just have to ownself F ownself.

Even just a simple record by LTA at vehicle transfer time or the recording of mileage each time a vehicle is inspected will be good enough.

Instead...in the offical reply one can see they not interested in end users and simply quote to you again....what the 'laws' are. Standard buracacy for you.

Everyone knoWS abt this just like Joven Chew but....guess nothing will even be done.

I think you are right. Now is just paper tiger law and no action. So many people have spoken on this before.... forums, coffeeshops... if govt is serious, they would have like many suggested, long long time ago put mileage update a must in the asset registration. I think the reason is not bureaucracy, but rather they don't want to spend effort to catch the criminals against this law. Laziness I think is the reason. Just look the other way so there will be less work to do.

Just spotted this advert from Auto Exchange Pte Ltd:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=578050&DL=2767

The VW Beetle was noted to have a mileage of 75,000km in the advert from Auto Exchange. But when the car was put up for bidding via QUOTZ previously, the mileage recorded was 183,582km.

http://www.quotz.com.sg/auction/info.php?AID=16739

in case the advert on quotz got removed, i had pdf the advert.

But then again and to give a benefit of doubt, there could be a "typo" or "genuine mistake" when the car dealer admin uploaded the advert on SGCM.

But in any case, just take extra precaution when dealing with the dealers.

Edited by LAH
↡ Advertisement

I m sure sam is not an honest man. If they could get such workshop to you meaning they are still trying to get more $$ from you . I once had one experience many years ago . I got a Nissan Cefiro left about 3 years to scrap , the break failed the next day I had to drive with hand break slowly to the workshop they told me to go . Paid 200plus to replace break and still not working . I drove to agent and got it fixed and costed me $5k for the ABS replaced as well .. It is a very irresponsible dealer who does not care about the safety only tried getting more $$$ from the buyers . I only wished they had bankrupted long time for their retribution .

Which model of Cefiro u drive with "hand brake"?

Don't understand why the legal enforcement agencies do not go after these? Do we need another Jover Chew case to hit the international news before law agencies take action?

Use diagnostic tool plugged into car. Car history presents itself like a book.

Neutral Newbie

Which model of Cefiro u drive with "hand brake"?

Yes. You are right , it was a step break . It was a long time late 90s . Just recalled that I had to use the other break to drive slowly on the left lane from east to west to workshop .

Neutral Newbie

I just bought my Van from Ding Feng. Got myself a lemon van and the problem came when it was the 2nd day of purchase the Van broke down and i call them they say not responsible for it is my own problem the most terrible is they never tell me that is a 'admin fees of $800. to all who wanted to deal with them think twice because it take 8 working today to delivery to you and if any problem they are not responsible for it.

This is terrible! I feel sad for you.

8 days is a long time, enough to change many parts. They should have allowed you to drive away immediately after completion of sales contract.

And the admin fee is biggest cow dung... $1 already is too much, $800 some more!

I just bought my Van from Ding Feng. Got myself a lemon van and the problem came when it was the 2nd day of purchase the Van broke down and i call them they say not responsible for it is my own problem the most terrible is they never tell me that is a 'admin fees of $800. to all who wanted to deal with them think twice because it take 8 working today to delivery to you and if any problem they are not responsible for it.

Hi,

I am going to make a purchase from Henly tomorrow but I was told that there is an admin fee of $500. Since when does Henly charge admin fee?

I rmbr there used to be a sales from Henly in this forum. Wonder if he can clarify this for me. The sales that I am dealing with is Vincent.

I can never understand why car dealers (especially 2nd hand ones) have to be so unethical in terms of doing business.. i mean seriously.. if you are sincere and honest.. ur business will flourish in due time. 

what u mentioned bro is a very common tactic used by car dealers.. u like a car.. u make the trip down to the showroom.. u test it out.. u like and u start negotiating the selling price.. (the dealer will guage ur understanding of them till this stage).. u like everything going smooth and at the very end they will say - OH THERE IS AN ADMIN FEE OF SO AND SO.. the moment they say this.. u just walk way.. if the deal is good for them they will waive it.

same thing nowadays these credit companies are doing who are offering COE renewal loans.. they'll advertise good rates in ard 2-3% per annum.. then u make the trip down and only at the end they will say oh there's an ADMIN FEE of 500..

no offence to car dealers.. but please.. grow a pair and do business the right way.. not by deceit and taking advantage..

• Praise 1

Hi,

I am going to make a purchase from Henly tomorrow but I was told that there is an admin fee of $500. Since when does Henly charge admin fee?

I rmbr there used to be a sales from Henly in this forum. Wonder if he can clarify this for me. The sales that I am dealing with is Vincent.

$500 is common for admin fee. Try to negotiate a bit.  

The sales refuses to reduce the admin fee. I wanted to get the car from Select which has no admin fee but Henly has a better and cheaper one. Haiz....guess either I LL pay the $500 or move on then.

I am very keen on the car and I am prepared to put the deposit tomorrow after test drive (today got no time to do so).

But I just feel that admin fee is not very fair, especially at $500.

Supercharged

The sales refuses to reduce the admin fee. I wanted to get the car from Select which has no admin fee but Henly has a better and cheaper one. Haiz....guess either I LL pay the $500 or move on then.

I am very keen on the car and I am prepared to put the deposit tomorrow after test drive (today got no time to do so).

Dun get too hung up over the "admin fee".. just compute that into the total cost and see if it is reasonable.. some cars selling price with admin fee is still good deal.. other cars selling price without admin fee is also not good deal..

• Praise 2

Dun get too hung up over the "admin fee".. just compute that into the total cost and see if it is reasonable.. some cars selling price with admin fee is still good deal.. other cars selling price without admin fee is also not good deal..

Agreed. I paid $300 admin fee when i bought a car from a second hand dealer recently. But discount on the car price was probably less as well.

This forum taught me to ask about the admin fees or any fees at the first point of contact with the dealer. Add it all together and voila, you got your total price and lower your chances of unexpected fees popping up at the end. Unless they are deliberately doing it... Then please report back if they do. Thanks!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Beware of 3 Brothers Auto Pte Ltd.

Recently i place a deposit with them for a used car. I saw their ad in sgcarmart and request to view the car. The car is with the seller. I didnt know they dont have a office or carmart during that time. when we are negotiating the car, the car dealer try to trick me ("i will give u a $300 discount if u close the deal today. i jus earn less comm, only earn $300") Later when signing the deposit, she say the $300 comm is to bear by me, i insisted that this is not being agreed. So she no choice and say never mind loh, i just earn from the bank loan and insurance. I have also requested the car to be inspected in good condition and accident free

I have applied my bank loan with them, 2 days later they txt me its processing, then the 3rd day they tell me bank cannot process as the car is less than 1 year (i know nothing about car loan). They told me to loan from Hong Leong Finance but with admin fee. (around $200 each for both side). I declined and ask her if i can void the deal and she said yes.

Then the car inspection also came back that the suspension is faulty and the engine oil is leaking etc. Lots of wear and tear issue. Most important is there is  major accident before at the back of the car. The repair works was sloopy causing all the metal underneath to be rusty.

I request to void the deal base on the 2 reason above (bank reject & car with major accident) but they decline. At 1st the seller is willing to refund but after hearing the car dealer advise he also refuse to refund. he say i can loan from hong leong but i dont want so is not consider bank rejected. He also say i can only reject the car if its only engine or gear problem. The car previously with accident is not the reason to void the deal. I tried to reason out with them but unsuccessful. In the end the car dealer says its none of their problem since this is a transaction between me and seller and its the seller who refuse to refund the money and the money is with him. Ask me to go deal with him myself and then they bo chap anymore

I went down to CASE to report this only to find out that the agreement signed by me and seller as the form do not that any letter head. The car dealer only acts as a broker. So i now have to go to small claim to claim against the seller. No wonder they can bo-chap

Now still waiting to attend the SCT

It was a very unpleasant experience which makes me very scare to trust any car dealer or seller anymore. My present car COE is ending and i dont even know if i should get another car until this problem is solved.

This serve as a great painful lesson to me to do my homework before engaging to car dealer. I hope my lesson can help any of you who is planning to buy a used car

• Praise 1

yesh it sucks cos many always dun say until the end. Next time rem to ask in the first instance. Sales refuse to reduce cos its his commission. Maybe he really earn very little from your sale. 

To be fair, Henly is giving me about $2K discount for the car. So, it will be around $76000 for a Aug 2013 car.

I saw a similar car at Select but Aug 2012. Select is willing to sell at $70K and no admin fee.

Which one will you guys choose?

• Praise 1

To be fair, Henly is giving me about $2K discount for the car. So, it will be around $76000 for a Aug 2013 car.

I saw a similar car at Select but Aug 2012. Select is willing to sell at $70K and no admin fee.

Which one will you guys choose?

is Select still throwing in 1 more year of house warranty ?