Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Beware of 3 Brothers Auto Pte Ltd.

Recently i place a deposit with them for a used car. I saw their ad in sgcarmart and request to view the car. The car is with the seller. I didnt know they dont have a office or carmart during that time. when we are negotiating the car, the car dealer try to trick me ("i will give u a $300 discount if u close the deal today. i jus earn less comm, only earn $300") Later when signing the deposit, she say the $300 comm is to bear by me, i insisted that this is not being agreed. So she no choice and say never mind loh, i just earn from the bank loan and insurance. I have also requested the car to be inspected in good condition and accident free

I have applied my bank loan with them, 2 days later they txt me its processing, then the 3rd day they tell me bank cannot process as the car is less than 1 year (i know nothing about car loan). They told me to loan from Hong Leong Finance but with admin fee. (around $200 each for both side). I declined and ask her if i can void the deal and she said yes.

Then the car inspection also came back that the suspension is faulty and the engine oil is leaking etc. Lots of wear and tear issue. Most important is there is major accident before at the back of the car. The repair works was sloopy causing all the metal underneath to be rusty.

I request to void the deal base on the 2 reason above (bank reject & car with major accident) but they decline. At 1st the seller is willing to refund but after hearing the car dealer advise he also refuse to refund. he say i can loan from hong leong but i dont want so is not consider bank rejected. He also say i can only reject the car if its only engine or gear problem. The car previously with accident is not the reason to void the deal. I tried to reason out with them but unsuccessful. In the end the car dealer says its none of their problem since this is a transaction between me and seller and its the seller who refuse to refund the money and the money is with him. Ask me to go deal with him myself and then they bo chap anymore

I went down to CASE to report this only to find out that the agreement signed by me and seller as the form do not that any letter head. The car dealer only acts as a broker. So i now have to go to small claim to claim against the seller. No wonder they can bo-chap

Now still waiting to attend the SCT

It was a very unpleasant experience which makes me very scare to trust any car dealer or seller anymore. My present car COE is ending and i dont even know if i should get another car until this problem is solved.

This serve as a great painful lesson to me to do my homework before engaging to car dealer. I hope my lesson can help any of you who is planning to buy a used car

Very bad experience indeed! Thanks for the info!
↡ Advertisement

Beware of 3 Brothers Auto Pte Ltd.

Recently i place a deposit with them for a used car. I saw their ad in sgcarmart and request to view the car. The car is with the seller. I didnt know they dont have a office or carmart during that time. when we are negotiating the car, the car dealer try to trick me ("i will give u a $300 discount if u close the deal today. i jus earn less comm, only earn $300") Later when signing the deposit, she say the $300 comm is to bear by me, i insisted that this is not being agreed. So she no choice and say never mind loh, i just earn from the bank loan and insurance. I have also requested the car to be inspected in good condition and accident free

I have applied my bank loan with them, 2 days later they txt me its processing, then the 3rd day they tell me bank cannot process as the car is less than 1 year (i know nothing about car loan). They told me to loan from Hong Leong Finance but with admin fee. (around $200 each for both side). I declined and ask her if i can void the deal and she said yes.

Then the car inspection also came back that the suspension is faulty and the engine oil is leaking etc. Lots of wear and tear issue. Most important is there is major accident before at the back of the car. The repair works was sloopy causing all the metal underneath to be rusty.

I request to void the deal base on the 2 reason above (bank reject & car with major accident) but they decline. At 1st the seller is willing to refund but after hearing the car dealer advise he also refuse to refund. he say i can loan from hong leong but i dont want so is not consider bank rejected. He also say i can only reject the car if its only engine or gear problem. The car previously with accident is not the reason to void the deal. I tried to reason out with them but unsuccessful. In the end the car dealer says its none of their problem since this is a transaction between me and seller and its the seller who refuse to refund the money and the money is with him. Ask me to go deal with him myself and then they bo chap anymore

I went down to CASE to report this only to find out that the agreement signed by me and seller as the form do not that any letter head. The car dealer only acts as a broker. So i now have to go to small claim to claim against the seller. No wonder they can bo-chap

Now still waiting to attend the SCT

It was a very unpleasant experience which makes me very scare to trust any car dealer or seller anymore. My present car COE is ending and i dont even know if i should get another car until this problem is solved.

This serve as a great painful lesson to me to do my homework before engaging to car dealer. I hope my lesson can help any of you who is planning to buy a used car

Bro , with company name like that ..I will Siam far far..

Machiam like a triad group

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Don't know why people still put deposit.

I see i like I try I test I verified I buy on the spot.

Deposit is more for applying for bank loan. Without deposit, the car dealer is unable to process it. That's what I understand of

Neutral Newbie

Yesterday one car dealer told me avoid getting a 2nd hand car from direct seller or under consignment. Also not to get from company with no proper functioning office. He say there been too many cases of dealer running away with the deposit or didnt transfer ur name to the car or the car never arrive after taken the money

Also if the car got problem after few months, u can't get any claims from the seller or dealer. He even say there is cases like aft the car is taken over, it disappear the next day cos the ex seller never pay the installment and Kena retain by the bank etc...

Now I know why some cars are so much cheaper... We save the money but pay for risk later

Edited by odiet

Deposit is more for applying for bank loan. Without deposit, the car dealer is unable to process it. That's what I understand of

apply bank loan nothing to do with deposit.

Yesterday one car dealer told me avoid getting a 2nd hand car from direct seller or under consignment. Also not to get from company with no proper functioning office. He say there been too many cases of dealer running away with the deposit or didnt transfer ur name to the car or the car never arrive after taken the money

Also if the car got problem after few months, u can't get any claims from the seller or dealer. He even say there is cases like aft the car is taken over, it disappear the next day cos the ex seller never pay the installment and Kena retain by the bank etc...

Now I know why some cars are so much cheaper... We save the money but pay for risk later

Neutral Newbie

the risks are exactly the same with car dealers with normal office

are you a car dealer? if yes, think you need to be re-trained.....

if im a car dealer, i wont even kena con by the dealer and have to file a claim in small claim to get back my deposit lol

apply bank loan nothing to do with deposit.

wah... .. i went to talk to 2 dealer before that, i asked about car inspection and apply for loan. both say must place deposit than can be done... hiazz...if i know i wont have place the deposit.

i only know no deposit needed for car insepction when my mechanic say i stupid to believe them

so u mean without any deposit, they can still apply the loan for me and send the car for inspection? wahh...

then the deposit is just to reserve the car?

see... another gimmicks by car dealer again

Very bad experience indeed! Thanks for the info!

yah very bad.. before that im so excited to change a new car.. my presently Manuel car lol looking forward to drive auto. Now so stressed up cos car expiring at 14 Aug 2016... hahaha jialat

Edited by odiet

if im a car dealer, i wont even kena con by the dealer and have to file a claim in small claim to get back my deposit lol

wah... .. i went to talk to 2 dealer before that, i asked about car inspection and apply for loan. both say must place deposit than can be done... hiazz...if i know i wont have place the deposit.

i only know no deposit needed for car insepction when my mechanic say i stupid to believe them

so u mean without any deposit, they can still apply the loan for me and send the car for inspection? wahh...

then the deposit is just to reserve the car?

To answer your question, yes......

If die die must have deposit, walk away. I am sure they would back off.

Neutral Newbie

ok .. its too late for me to know this  T_T but hope this will benefit buyers planning to get a  used car

I can never understand why car dealers (especially 2nd hand ones) have to be so unethical in terms of doing business.. i mean seriously.. if you are sincere and honest.. ur business will flourish in due time. 

what u mentioned bro is a very common tactic used by car dealers.. u like a car.. u make the trip down to the showroom.. u test it out.. u like and u start negotiating the selling price.. (the dealer will guage ur understanding of them till this stage).. u like everything going smooth and at the very end they will say - OH THERE IS AN ADMIN FEE OF SO AND SO.. the moment they say this.. u just walk way.. if the deal is good for them they will waive it.

same thing nowadays these credit companies are doing who are offering COE renewal loans.. they'll advertise good rates in ard 2-3% per annum.. then u make the trip down and only at the end they will say oh there's an ADMIN FEE of 500..

no offence to car dealers.. but please.. grow a pair and do business the right way.. not by deceit and taking advantage..

thats because there are no honest and sincere dealers they all went bankrupt [crazy] ...used car business in spore is a dog eat dog world...period [crazy] ..we as consumers only have each other to lean on bros [thumbsup] ..so spill the beans and open all the cans of worms...so the truth shall be told and we know who the culprits are [grin]

a job well done by our forummer, keep up the good work...

u can smell the fish far2 away...better dont go near.... the adjustment is a lot....and the sellers hope to make at least more than $5k  from the price they paid assuming some touch-up and cosmestic works.... but at the end of the day it proves how and what business tactics these fellas embraced.....dont even have the slightest care towards buyers except to feed their own stomach....

people life at stake...mileage is an important thing when it come to servicing your vehicle this is very BAD if it is true [thumbsdown]

someone should start a thread BEST 2nd hand car dealers...i think it will be the SHORTEST thread in MCF [crazy]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

On 1st August 2016 -- SG AUTO PTE LTD (REG NO 201523407C)  at No 3 Ang Mo Kio St 62  LINK@AMK #01-11 , Singapore 569139

cheated me  -SG AUTO PTE LTD had taken  a deposit of  SGD 17K for making 6 non guaranteed bids  and upon unsuccessful bids  SG AUTO PTE LTD is refusing to refund my deposit in full . SG AUTO PTE LTD is insisting to deduct about SGD 3500  as admin fees (for having used my 17k for free for last 3 months )  --Their GM , GLEN is not even picking yup my calls  , I have filed a complaint at "CASE"-- shocking and surprising that such  such cheats and fraud companies continue to exist in Singapore

• Praise 1

To be fair, if buyer is sincere to place a deposit (with terms and conditions stated clearly in order to avoid disputes) to secure the sale then dealer will proceed to apply loan and/or inspection.

What if after all that has been done, loan approved after much negotiation with banks and tons of docs to submit and chase for apporval, buyer dilly dally think about it, need to ask dog ask cat ask wife ask god and as his lil johnny and decide not to buy? This asking process may take 7 to 10days and final answer out is not going ahead with the purchase. Whats gonna happen to the 7-10days when prospective buyer who want to buy the car? Opportunity costs maybe.

So if dealer determined that owner is not sincere and a cash buyer comes along and dealer sell it off? Then dealer becomes the b**tard who didn't honor his words if the first buyer decides to proceed with the purchase.

I think a deposit is fair to all.

• Praise 1

To be fair, if buyer is sincere to place a deposit (with terms and conditions stated clearly in order to avoid disputes) to secure the sale then dealer will proceed to apply loan and/or inspection.

What if after all that has been done, loan approved after much negotiation with banks and tons of docs to submit and chase for apporval, buyer dilly dally think about it, need to ask dog ask cat ask wife ask god and as his lil johnny and decide not to buy? This asking process may take 7 to 10days and final answer out is not going ahead with the purchase. Whats gonna happen to the 7-10days when prospective buyer who want to buy the car? Opportunity costs maybe.

So if dealer determined that owner is not sincere and a cash buyer comes along and dealer sell it off? Then dealer becomes the b**tard who didn't honor his words if the first buyer decides to proceed with the purchase.

I think a deposit is fair to all.

Then it's up to the discretion of the sales person to determine whether buyer is genuine.

Buyers can dilly dally for all they want, if another buyer comes along and decides to buy then it's too bad then.

Still I believe placing deposit is a no no where car sales man is concerned.

Unless it's a known big player in the market, then maybe, just maybe.

Then it's up to the discretion of the sales person to determine whether buyer is genuine.

Buyers can dilly dally for all they want, if another buyer comes along and decides to buy then it's too bad then.

Still I believe placing deposit is a no no where car sales man is concerned.

Unless it's a known big player in the market, then maybe, just maybe.

If all buyers/sellers are like you, life is so much simpler... I am not starting an arguement here but i respect your believe but as a dealer myself, nothing is concrete until deposit is paid to secure the car. No deposit, I will not process anything at all.

So my next question, if dealer go buy car from owner??? Need deposit???

↡ Advertisement