Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Hi have this query....

I just bot a 2nd hand car from a dealer. Its Honda and I presumecToyota n Honda cars have good reputation.

However only a few days take possession, the engine stalked.

Anyone can advise whether the Dealer dhld hv send for repair etc & ensure cars in good work condition b4 re-sell ? Who to bear the repair cost?

Thks

↡ Advertisement

Hi have this query....

I just bot a 2nd hand car from a dealer. Its Honda and I presumecToyota n Honda cars have good reputation.

However only a few days take possession, the engine stalked.

Anyone can advise whether the Dealer dhld hv send for repair etc & ensure cars in good work condition b4 re-sell ? Who to bear the repair cost?

Thks

Report to the car dealer and ask him fix it. Under Lemon law, it is covered.

• Praise 1

if this thread was named as recommend good 2nd hand car dealer... 

wont be so popular!  :XD:

*juz searched.. recommend thread died at page 6... keke

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 1

I was told by the dealer that the payment (either Cash or Cashier's order) must be made 2 days before the delivery of the car. And once the payment is made, they'll transfer the ownership to me within 2 days.

They can't do it immediately apparently as he says got paperwork that needs to be done, and needs to wait for Cashier's order to clear. When I mentioned cash he said still need 2 days processing.

Is this the correct way?

(This is a relatively big dealership)

Edited by hexies
  • Praise 1

No. He's smoking u.

I paid full cash for my first car. Transfer on the spot.

I took loan for my second car, transfer on the spot too.

And both companies were small with less than 20 cars.

What's the reason smoking me, to run away with my cash/deposit?

The only reason why I'm even considering believing them is because the dealer is relatively big.

Will any bros will able to advise how does the "transfer on the spot" work?

Thanks!

The only reason why I'm even considering believing them is because the dealer is relatively big.

Thanks!

I always see a lot of ah bengs at LTA Sin Ming to do the transferring.

Was driving my 3rd car for past 10 years before scrapping it last year. Patronized 2 used car dealer in 2015 and 2016. My experience is regardless if case trust company, they are all the same except that they will honor if you bought a lemon car. They will drag the whole ordeal by covering up the problem of your car till your 6 months "lemon law" warranty runs out. And to tell you the truth, our case here in Singapore is a lemon and i was referred to small claim. And our small claim doesn't know much about cars and eventually let the used car dealer win the case. My car went in and out of workshop 4 times in 5 months and eventually i solve it myself at my own expense and I lose the case. Very disappointed in the judgment.

I was told by the dealer that the payment (either Cash or Cashier's order) must be made 2 days before the delivery of the car. And once the payment is made, they'll transfer the ownership to me within 2 days.

They can't do it immediately apparently as he says got paperwork that needs to be done, and needs to wait for Cashier's order to clear. When I mentioned cash he said still need 2 days processing.

Is this the correct way?

is it a consignment car?

Only can think of 2 reasons, to settle bank loan or apply car insurance

I never hear cashier order need to wait for clearance

Is this the correct way?

You paid a fee for the cashier order it is as good as cash, all things should be done on the spot but since it is a big dealership you mention maybe the transfer is done by another department. In big company many people do one job compare to small company one people do all jobs, raise your concern with the dealer he can help:)
  • Praise 1

Thanks!

Dealers have a system linked to LTA.... What i did was to show them the cashier's order but held on to it while the admin keyed in the details into the system to effect a change of ownership. Then they print out a copy for me, and I handed over the cashier's order to them.

I encountered one dealer who told me he can't transfer the car to me on the spot as the vehicle is under loan, and he needed to redeem it from his financer. I told him you got to settle it yourself, no way am I going to hand you a cashier's order (as good as cash) when I can't get legal ownership of the vehicle

• Praise 2

Thanks for the replies here bros!

So technically speaking, to transfer  the ownership, all it takes is the admin needs to log in online, type a few keys, and it's mine?

When does physically going to LTA come in? Is it needed at all?

Thanks for the replies here bros!

So technically speaking, to transfer  the ownership, all it takes is the admin needs to log in online, type a few keys, and it's mine?

When does physically going to LTA come in? Is it needed at all?

if they can do it at their office.. then no need go LTA 

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/checklist/ownership_transfer.html

• Praise 1

You paid a fee for the cashier order it is as good as cash, all things should be done on the spot but since it is a big dealership you mention maybe the transfer is done by another department. In big company many people do one job compare to small company one people do all jobs, raise your concern with the dealer he can help:)

cashier order is as good as cash on the spot, transfer needs to be done immediately, or walk away...