Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Buying a 2nd hand car from dealers in SG is not a good idea.. Most dealers bought over from the previous owner and clean up and straight away resell at 10k higher without making sure the engine or parts are properly replaced..

↡ Advertisement

Buying a 2nd hand car from dealers in SG is not a good idea.. Most dealers bought over from the previous owner and clean up and straight away resell at 10k higher without making sure the engine or parts are properly replaced..

who else sells used car?

• Praise 1

post-1829-0-14243500-1476021343.jpeg

• Praise 3

My advice to used car buyers is that do sent the car to STA / Vicom or mechanic for evaluation even if you have to pay for the service. For this small amount at least you get to know the condition of the car you are buying. There bound to be some worn out parts, be it major or minor, whether it needs immediate replacement or at a later date. Do some ground work, check with workshops on how much the repair cost will be and negotiate with the dealer. Be it they will do it for you or you choose to do it on your own. So in the end it is still your decision whether you want to conclude the deal. 

• Praise 1

My advice to used car buyers is that do sent the car to STA / Vicom or mechanic for evaluation even if you have to pay for the service. For this small amount at least you get to know the condition of the car you are buying. There bound to be some worn out parts, be it major or minor, whether it needs immediate replacement or at a later date. Do some ground work, check with workshops on how much the repair cost will be and negotiate with the dealer. Be it they will do it for you or you choose to do it on your own. So in the end it is still your decision whether you want to conclude the deal. 

However, STA/Vicom inspection are not 100% accurate as they are generalist and some defects only surface after a few days such as brakes and aircon conditions.  

I would prefer those that put the money where the mouth is...third party pre-warranty inspection because any slip shots will be under-written by the said party.   :a-good:  This contrast with STA/Vicom's disclaimers from any liability arising from the use of the report once you leave the inspection centre... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Mach23
  • Praise 1

Be Aware of CLASSIC CREDIT at Ubi Car Megamart

Do Not Buy from them

I just bought an Estima from them 2 weeks ago.

The car was so called send to their partner work shop Mirage MotorWerkz (Kaki Bukit Road) 

On the second day the car started to jerk.

Went back to them on the Sunday and they told me that they needed to make an appointment with their partner workshop Mirage MotorWerkz but that it wouldn't be possible to send it down on the Monday.

On sunday evening the my car almost didn't move... so on Monday morning I brought it to the workshop near my house... since I am not looking forward to tow my car

First thing the local workshop near my place (Ang Mo Mio) told me is that the ignition coils were spoilt.

I wonder what the guys from Mirage Motorworkz had been doing during the so called warranty inspection???

I asked the guy from the local workshop to inspect the car for any further issues since I somehow lost trust in Classic Credit and their partner workshop.

I ended up with a repair bill close to 1K

4 ignition coils

water leak at thermostat - so new thermostat

Water leak at 3 way splitter

wheels not balanced

wheels not aligned (steering pulled to 1 side)

Now 2 weeks further and there is a growling noise when I drive at slow speed and low RPM...

went back to my local car workshop and the mechanic looked at me and told me that this is most likely gearbox noise...

Called up Classic Credit to make appointment with their workshop but they asked me to arrange direct.

So this morning I finally went to Mirage Motorwerkz and they had a few guys test driving it and came back to me that this is a belt tensioner issue...

Fact is the noise only appears if you drive in D at approx. 45Km per hour with RPM of approx. 1300

when the noise appears and you switch it to Neutral  the noise is gone...

Later will be going to another workshop to get their opinion as I have my doubts of what Mirage Motorwerkz is telling me...

I cannot believe that a belt produce growling noises.

They are just trying to avoid their responsibilities as gearbox and engine is under their warranty...

Will later update how this continues but please do not do buy from CLASSIC CREDIT !!!

From your post it is like workshop problem, so what has it got to do with Classic Credit? Did Classic Credit refuse to pay the 1K repair done outside of their partner workshop?

And for the growling noise, you need to go 3 workshops? You gone to your 'local' workshop says gearbox noise, Mirage Motorwerkz says belt tensioner issue so what is the 3rd workshop diagnosis?

Beware of buying 2015/2016 P.I cars with 10k to 30k mileage on them. Alot of times, the car dealer management drives them while trying to sell them.

A good example would be Car Lingual.

Personal experience unless you want to spend close to 8k servicing this and that

• Praise 1

Cars need to 'run engine' as part of maintenance, and this is definitely a good way to do so.

Today run car A, tomolo car B, next day car c ...

Next run for car A may be 4 to a week depending on number of cars and staff.

So nothing to worry on this , imho

Beware of buying 2015/2016 P.I cars with 10k to 30k mileage on them. Alot of times, the car dealer management drives them while trying to sell them.

Personal experience unless you want to spend close to 8k servicing this and that

If they sell it 15k or 20k below the price of a new unit, why not, and you are totally aware the condition of the cars, some people thrift on such car because it is expensive for a new unit and less drama on whether PI deliver cars or not or run road.

But for a new car with high mileage, need 8k to servicing ?? what you servicing sia, and what car is that.

• Praise 1

8k to service car?

you mean repairs right?

I would prefer those that put the money where the mouth is...third party pre-warranty inspection because any slip shots will be under-written by the said party.   :a-good:  This contrast with STA/Vicom's disclaimers from any liability arising from the use of the report once you leave the inspection centre... [lipsrsealed]

so how much you willing to pay if it is under written?

and how workshop know after you drive out... you never go change parts then blame it on them?

Cars with 10 to 30K mileage can contribute to $8K servicing or maintenance then it is the car model issue then...

• Praise 1

8k to service car?

you mean repairs right?

so how much you willing to pay if it is under written?

and how workshop know after you drive out... you never go change parts then blame it on them?

1) To be provided by dealer as part of deal.  Admission into the warranty programme prior to deal signing;

2) That's for the 3rd party warranty provider to ascertain

• Praise 1

These newbies are just "shoot and go", most of the time no head no tail complaint about dealers. 10k - 30k is still low mileage, how can servicing be up to 8k? Even my old car with condenser, compressor, alternator, radiator, timing belt, etc changed also not 8k... maybe mine cheap jap car lah...  :XD: or new car parts are more expensive...

Be Aware of CLASSIC CREDIT at Ubi Car Megamart

Do Not Buy from them

I just bought an Estima from them 2 weeks ago.

The car was so called send to their partner work shop Mirage MotorWerkz (Kaki Bukit Road) 

On the second day the car started to jerk.

Went back to them on the Sunday and they told me that they needed to make an appointment with their partner workshop Mirage MotorWerkz but that it wouldn't be possible to send it down on the Monday.

On sunday evening the my car almost didn't move... so on Monday morning I brought it to the workshop near my house... since I am not looking forward to tow my car

First thing the local workshop near my place (Ang Mo Mio) told me is that the ignition coils were spoilt.

I wonder what the guys from Mirage Motorworkz had been doing during the so called warranty inspection???

I asked the guy from the local workshop to inspect the car for any further issues since I somehow lost trust in Classic Credit and their partner workshop.

I ended up with a repair bill close to 1K

4 ignition coils

water leak at thermostat - so new thermostat

Water leak at 3 way splitter

wheels not balanced

wheels not aligned (steering pulled to 1 side)

Now 2 weeks further and there is a growling noise when I drive at slow speed and low RPM...

went back to my local car workshop and the mechanic looked at me and told me that this is most likely gearbox noise...

Called up Classic Credit to make appointment with their workshop but they asked me to arrange direct.

So this morning I finally went to Mirage Motorwerkz and they had a few guys test driving it and came back to me that this is a belt tensioner issue...

Fact is the noise only appears if you drive in D at approx. 45Km per hour with RPM of approx. 1300

when the noise appears and you switch it to Neutral  the noise is gone...

Later will be going to another workshop to get their opinion as I have my doubts of what Mirage Motorwerkz is telling me...

I cannot believe that a belt produce growling noises.

They are just trying to avoid their responsibilities as gearbox and engine is under their warranty...

Will later update how this continues but please do not do buy from CLASSIC CREDIT !!!

Did anyone tell u about mounting? Of all and no one suspected mounting since only in D mode.

• Praise 1

1) To be provided by dealer as part of deal.  Admission into the warranty programme prior to deal signing;

2) That's for the 3rd party warranty provider to ascertain

let me know if you can find such a workshop and dealer....

Edited by Galantspeedz