Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

The  name san hup bee sounds like an old uncle shop that have been there for a long time, whereas monster... really sounds scary and worse than  a fly by night shop.

Like gangster shop? haha.

Now i think is the son run the business. Saw him when I was collecting my car.

While Monster Motors, their cars very expensive also. Sell package together with glass coating? cos their car photo shine until sunshine also lose.

Edited by Mancypher
addon
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 10/6/2019 at 9:30 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Is this Monster thing associated in any way with a certain famous modding shop in that area? Not saying they are, just checking.

Both Monster Garage & Monster Tune not related to Monster Shine in any way or form . Hope that clarifies it.

Edited by DTA
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, DTA said:

Both Monster Garage & Monster Tune not related to Monster Shine in any way or form . Hope that clarifies it.

Thanks. Good to know

On 10/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, car50 said:

Also have impression this is a very big dealer with huge setup. So a bit surprised to read this

Hopefully this can be sorted out amicably

A search at Sgcarmart shows they have 154 cars on sale right now. If they don't do consignments, then they should be amongst the top second hand car dealers.

Neutral Newbie
On 10/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, Mancypher said:

I thought SHB is more of selling PI merc? And some PI cars like Fit, Shuttle.. Also COE cars..

Bought my car from them though (COE car), so far no much issue other than small cosmetics waiting for them to fix for me.

But keen to know what is their link with Monster and the saga unfold. 

I believe they bought the car from a scrapyard together and modded the car under table together with the performance technik. will update the forum accordingly when it unfolds!

On 10/9/2019 at 7:17 PM, Ct3833 said:

The  name san hup bee sounds like an old uncle shop that have been there for a long time, whereas monster... really sounds scary and worse than  a fly by night shop.

yeah exactly. so until today still dont know whats the connection. whether monster is lying to me or not. 

11 hours ago, Mancypher said:

Like gangster shop? haha.

Now i think is the son run the business. Saw him when I was collecting my car.

While Monster Motors, their cars very expensive also. Sell package together with glass coating? cos their car photo shine until sunshine also lose.

Yes abit of gangster shop. Yes they do the coating thingy. all my cars used to the coating there because their shop is very near my office. 

6 hours ago, Nav14 said:

A search at Sgcarmart shows they have 154 cars on sale right now. If they don't do consignments, then they should be amongst the top second hand car dealers.

Oh no la the shop not so big. small small only. they just take a lot of consignment i believe. used to be good friends w the 2 owners ( am i allowed to post name in this forums ? ). but ever since the incident they did not even bother to reply my texts anymore and i believe they both blocked me. 

26 minutes ago, 16rrendi said:

I believe they bought the car from a scrapyard together and modded the car under table together with the performance technik. will update the forum accordingly when it unfolds!

yeah exactly. so until today still dont know whats the connection. whether monster is lying to me or not. 

Yes abit of gangster shop. Yes they do the coating thingy. all my cars used to the coating there because their shop is very near my office. 

Oh no la the shop not so big. small small only. they just take a lot of consignment i believe. used to be good friends w the 2 owners ( am i allowed to post name in this forums ? ). but ever since the incident they did not even bother to reply my texts anymore and i believe they both blocked me. 

Seriously, did these ppl think it can be overlooked with a different chassis?

They think car inspection can be breezed thru? 

Probably think that once car is sold its not their problem liao.

I mean if not for the fact that u were overseas (a blessing in disguise) and hence delayed taking over the ride, they can claim u made the illegal mod yourself and thus, are innocent. 

The previous owner of SHB has passed on when i goggled and read up on them.

Haiz

Frankly, physical check of chassis number against vehicle registration at time of collection is not commonly done for 2nd hand cars.

Thanks for sharing and updates.

Hope the truth is revealed and you can get most of your money back. It is sad that they chose to do this to a loyal customer whom they have dealt with before. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

20191010_214119_resize_75.jpg

• Praise 2

49 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Seriously, did these ppl think it can be overlooked with a different chassis?

They think car inspection can be breezed thru? 

Probably think that once car is sold its not their problem liao.

I mean if not for the fact that u were overseas (a blessing in disguise) and hence delayed taking over the ride, they can claim u made the illegal mod yourself and thus, are innocent. 

The previous owner of SHB has passed on when i goggled and read up on them.

Haiz

Frankly, physical check of chassis number against vehicle registration at time of collection is not commonly done for 2nd hand cars.

Thanks for sharing and updates.

Hope the truth is revealed and you can get most of your money back. It is sad that they chose to do this to a loyal customer whom they have dealt with before. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Just read the earlier posts and realized I bought my used car through Monster Motor. The car was sold on consignment btw. Service not bad as the sales person drove the car from the workshop to Bedok area for viewing and test drives. That was about a year ago. Better check my car chassis number tomorrow in case got swapped haha. But really who will check chassis number when taking over used car? Funny.

Edited by Heartlander
Added last sentence.
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Just read the earlier posts and realized I bought my used car through Monster Motor. The car was sold on consignment btw. Service not bad as the sales person drove the car from the workshop to Bedok area for viewing and test drives. That was about a year ago. Better check my car chassis number tomorrow in case got swapped haha. But really who will check chassis number when taking over used car? Funny.

If inspection done then your ride got the correct brain since its birth😅

Precisely, how many really do a check of chassis against car registration upon collection.

Really unscrupulous if true. Accident car from scrap yard somemore.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I'm first time second hand car buyer. Looking around for a Rush. Not much available in the market. But saw 1 at Turf City last weekend. It's from this shop called Car Guru. On carousell, their reviews all 5-stars. Dunno true or not. Any experiences with Car Guru can share? TIA!

30 minutes ago, JenRay said:

Hi all,

I'm first time second hand car buyer. Looking around for a Rush. Not much available in the market. But saw 1 at Turf City last weekend. It's from this shop called Car Guru. On carousell, their reviews all 5-stars. Dunno true or not. Any experiences with Car Guru can share? TIA!

Rush fc about same as Lancer Ex, plus minus. 

Look for sign of wear and tear, especially engine bay. Dont go alone. bring someone with you, be it your OC, fren, mechanic. Going alone means, they see living carrot head.

Ask for service record, if dont have, ask for what items already changed before vehicle is up for sale. [driveshaft, engine mounting, etc]

On 10/10/2019 at 10:37 PM, Heartlander said:

This Audi case brought up by the unfortunate @16rrendi is a bit more complicated from what I've heard. It's not so simple as the etched chassis number being different.

I can't vouch for its veracity but the LTA ordered the car inspected by the AD, which pulled the VIN off the ECU. Obviously, this can't be faked. 

As to why the LTA got involved etc., I'm not going to comment since what I've heard is not a pleasant story.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
51 minutes ago, Mancypher said:

Rush fc about same as Lancer Ex, plus minus. 

Look for sign of wear and tear, especially engine bay. Dont go alone. bring someone with you, be it your OC, fren, mechanic. Going alone means, they see living carrot head.

Ask for service record, if dont have, ask for what items already changed before vehicle is up for sale. [driveshaft, engine mounting, etc]

Thanks for the advice! Will keep those points in mind. Any reviews on the dealer? It's call Car Guru PTE LTD. FB reviews sucks but carousell reviews all 5-stars leh...

3 hours ago, JenRay said:

Thanks for the advice! Will keep those points in mind. Any reviews on the dealer? It's call Car Guru PTE LTD. FB reviews sucks but carousell reviews all 5-stars leh...

Dont believe Carousell review. 5 star i also can create account and give all 5 star. Haha. Best is you go down and see. Just give in adv notice you coming on this date and a time range. Don't like, walk away find other shop. But to save time, see their other cars, get some alternatives on standby around that area so as not to waste time. 🙂

On 10/21/2019 at 12:47 PM, JenRay said:

Bro i went down see the same... u saw the red or black one? didnt see their fb review but the charbor salesgirl keep sending me carousell links. Their interest is 5%++ type if not bank loan and they take from the shop opposite them.. alot lian with shorts working inside.. the salegirl i spoke to didnt come but channel me to her partner.. i saw both Rush and he mention black has absorber issue and haven change or refurbish as it just came in.. ask me choose the red rush between the 2. 

Neutral Newbie
15 minutes ago, JayDazzler said:

Bro i went down see the same... u saw the red or black one? didnt see their fb review but the charbor salesgirl keep sending me carousell links. Their interest is 5%++ type if not bank loan and they take from the shop opposite them.. alot lian with shorts working inside.. the salegirl i spoke to didnt come but channel me to her partner.. i saw both Rush and he mention black has absorber issue and haven change or refurbish as it just came in.. ask me choose the red rush between the 2. 

Same here. She said black one (matt wrapped) sold. I saw the Red one. The front suspension and bushings need to change. But weird leh - the car engine bay is sprayed black, car's new coat is red but the behind boot when the carpet flooring is lifted, its silver! Piang leh, 3 colours. The sales girl also dun wan to come out, direct me to the partner. Over the phone, she said negotiable, but her partner refused to reduce 1 cent. So i left. Then she text me and i offered her my best price, she said she can sell to rental company at better price and they coming to see the car the next day. So i told her go sell to them lor. Want to bitch play me sia. then 1 day later come and tell me their price very competitive, still want or not. Du lan~

10 minutes ago, JenRay said:

Same here. She said black one (matt wrapped) sold. I saw the Red one. The front suspension and bushings need to change. But weird leh - the car engine bay is sprayed black, car's new coat is red but the behind boot when the carpet flooring is lifted, its silver! Piang leh, 3 colours. The sales girl also dun wan to come out, direct me to the partner. Over the phone, she said negotiable, but her partner refused to reduce 1 cent. So i left. Then she text me and i offered her my best price, she said she can sell to rental company at better price and they coming to see the car the next day. So i told her go sell to them lor. Want to bitch play me sia. then 1 day later come and tell me their price very competitive, still want or not. Du lan~

Yes she over the phone one.. but in all honesty, her partner wasnt pushy and was very polite and answered my queries.. the red i cant tahan, the spray job looks terrible. and with 3 colors like u mentioned, best to avoid. 

so far my past 3 cars have been bought thru those small LLP dealers...somehow maybe just my luck. 1st 2 was chop chop and fast but last one delayed me by a week but got it sorted out. 

Neutral Newbie
13 minutes ago, JayDazzler said:

Yes she over the phone one.. but in all honesty, her partner wasnt pushy and was very polite and answered my queries.. the red i cant tahan, the spray job looks terrible. and with 3 colors like u mentioned, best to avoid. 

so far my past 3 cars have been bought thru those small LLP dealers...somehow maybe just my luck. 1st 2 was chop chop and fast but last one delayed me by a week but got it sorted out. 

Ya.. so now i looking at other cars elsewhere liao.. no good vibe from there. LOL!

↡ Advertisement