Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie
35 minutes ago, silverdoe said:

Can anyone advise if Creative Auto Leasing is reliable? Thanks

The one at Ubi?

I also want to know leh.. thinking of going down there this weekend. Any reviews??

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, JenRay said:

The one at Ubi?

I also want to know leh.. thinking of going down there this weekend. Any reviews??

Yes, seems to be a fairly new company. You seen something that you’re interested in their listing? 

Neutral Newbie
5 minutes ago, silverdoe said:

Yes, seems to be a fairly new company. You seen something that you’re interested in their listing? 

I'm looking for 5 years COE car only. Saw a Fit and a Sylphy like not bad...

3 minutes ago, JenRay said:

Same here. Never bought a used car before. Don’t know what to look out for! 

Neutral Newbie
Just now, silverdoe said:

Ya man! I feel like everyone out to cheat me! LOL

What kind of car you looking for? Maybe after i get my car, if the dealer is good, can intro u

Just now, JenRay said:

Ya man! I feel like everyone out to cheat me! LOL

What kind of car you looking for? Maybe after i get my car, if the dealer is good, can intro u

Hahaha yes, especially after reading the thread. I feel more like whatever I’m getting will be a lemon.

I’m contemplating between a Vios or Avante. 

Neutral Newbie
1 minute ago, silverdoe said:

Hahaha yes, especially after reading the thread. I feel more like whatever I’m getting will be a lemon.

I’m contemplating between a Vios or Avante. 

If you want the TOYOTA brand, Vios is a reliable car. Maybe a little noisy but that can be fixed with a little $.

Avante got some good reviews. My friend just got a 2nd hand too, no complaints. 

These 2 models got a lot in the market. Can choose de!

44 minutes ago, silverdoe said:

You never bought a used car before but have you been driving ? If so, then you should roughly be able to assess a car. Test drive to assess the car condition, like shocks, lower rocker arm, drive shaft etc. Look for oil and water leak but usually they would have cleaned the engine compartment so that you cant see much tell tale sign. If the interior are worn out , then you can avoid that car. If they allow you to send the car to your workshop for assessment would be good.  Ask if they have past service records,  a car that have been serviced and repaired  regularly  would be better than one that have no records at all. 

Edited by Ct3833

17 hours ago, JenRay said:

If you want the TOYOTA brand, Vios is a reliable car. Maybe a little noisy but that can be fixed with a little $.

Avante got some good reviews. My friend just got a 2nd hand too, no complaints. 

These 2 models got a lot in the market. Can choose de!

Vios midpipe is abit loud. Like Lancer kind. Not sure about the new Vios though.

17 hours ago, JenRay said:

If you want to buy Fit, get the 1.5 RS trim. Almost same price as 1.3 G. Avoid COE Nissan. But if you keen on kimchi cars, there is 1 at a very low mileage at San Hup Bee. 

PS. I not promoter, just a daily sgcarmart and mcf browser.

Neutral Newbie
43 minutes ago, Mancypher said:

If you want to buy Fit, get the 1.5 RS trim. Almost same price as 1.3 G. Avoid COE Nissan. But if you keen on kimchi cars, there is 1 at a very low mileage at San Hup Bee. 

PS. I not promoter, just a daily sgcarmart and mcf browser.

Got link to share?

I not keen on kimchi, my last resort is KIA Cerato Forte 2009. Prefer Fit/Jazz or Suzuki SX4. 

1 hour ago, JenRay said:

Anyone know this guy from carousell? His username is aaron39. He has many cars on the listings with really sweet pricings. But when asked what's his company name, he refused to answer. Anyone know him?

https://sg.carousell.com/p/198574589

wah.. why nowadays people even go carousell to browse calls and have interest in buying cars from carousell?  too adventurous until explore carousell in hope for good 2nd hand car deal? 

please go to a proper reputable shop to get your car. by asking here, i dont think anyone knows who this tom dick and harry is from carousell that is selling cars. do some home work when comes to buying cars. dont be too naive that you can get good deals from carousell.

Shld try to do up a used car checklist SOP when dealing ba.

i.e.
1) Trade in car price
2) Final buy price of the vehicle
3) Get them to print car details to check no. of owners, PARF, COE
4) Demand service records
5) Decide to go for your trusted workshop for assessment
6) Take down pictures of the tyres, rims, engine bay, internal of the vehicle to prevent puah chao if they swap the stuff (just in case)
7) Any negotiation like refund of whichever fees should be put in. Normally they will tie you to their finance partner and insurance to earn.

* Anyways the risk is if they declare bankrupt and fly by nite, you are basically gg ba.

For my 2nd vehicle which i got 2nd handed, my only issue is after getting it, i send for serving and was told the gear box was leaking. Went to case to complain and was willing to settle 50/50 with the car dealer. Was not a nice experience but at least gotten back something

• Praise 1

Hello all. I've been reading this forum from page 150+ onwards. And already blacklisted some dealers from my list thanks to you guys.

I'm looking to buy my first car, car with a renewed 5 year COE, have viewed and test drove quite a few but the thing I'm worried about is if the dealers are hiding anything. 

Any Bros here have any experience with sincere motoring? 

Edited by adlisyahir

On 10/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, JenRay said:

Anyone know this guy from carousell? His username is aaron39. He has many cars on the listings with really sweet pricings. But when asked what's his company name, he refused to answer. Anyone know him?

https://sg.carousell.com/p/198574589

How hard can it be to know where is he from?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/dealer_pricelist_print.php?DL=3277

• Praise 1