Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

1 hour ago, Fightillthend said:

Need some bros & siss advise if this is a good purchase. At the same time, what should i be looking out for used car apart from sending the car to my trusted workshop for an overall check? Thanks. 1st timer here

8D923317-A18E-4E37-8614-C6E0C0537999.jpeg

NO!!!! It is too overpriced! 7.5k depre for a Jazz is crazy. If it was me, I would rather buy a new car now as COE is low. Go for SEAT Ibiza or Skoda Octavia. Both are turbocharged, have good performance and are very economical. Or even new Jazz or Fit is good too!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

15 minutes ago, ZW44 said:

NO!!!! It is too overpriced! 7.5k depre for a Jazz is crazy. If it was me, I would rather buy a new car now as COE is low. Go for SEAT Ibiza or Skoda Octavia. Both are turbocharged, have good performance and are very economical. Or even new Jazz or Fit is good too!

Yeah way overpriced.... And probably clocked mileage too as PHV. A brand new PI one without turbo is only 62k before recent COE drop.  Dealer trying to pull a fast one. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

2 hours ago, Fightillthend said:

Need some bros & siss advise if this is a good purchase. At the same time, what should i be looking out for used car apart from sending the car to my trusted workshop for an overall check? Thanks. 1st timer here

8D923317-A18E-4E37-8614-C6E0C0537999.jpeg

Too overpriced. I was quoted 54.8k with 7,999$ depreciation per year for a Honda Fit. I know i got ketuk by the seller, had placed a deposit for another car before changing to a Honda Fit. Now probably already lost the 2k deposit for succumbing to the pressure of not losing my 2k deposit.

3 hours ago, Fightillthend said:

Thanks bros for the advise given. What about this? 

2B1B6A06-F90A-47BE-848A-856F97857975.jpeg

seems better, maybe u can negotiate more. COE is very low now, i don't recommend buying used car unless u buying COE car. u won't "earn" a lot now as compared to buying used when COE is high. and if u buying VW, make sure to check for gearbox issue. my friend's Tiguan has a gearbox issue after 3 months, and again after the repair. she sold it after fixing and lost a lot of $$$...

• Praise 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, Ath said:

Hi, 

I am a first time buyer. Deposited $2k for a car but decided it is not a reliable car for my lack of experience And knowledge on cars. Changed to a parf car and realised it is not a good deal where I can still get a good deal from other car dealers and cover back the 2k if forfeited which in this case it probably would have been forfeited.

but the bad experience was, the Sales guy that handles the transaction with me has decided to give me a call and make crude remarks on the phone, even saying that he would have beaten me up if i am a guy. He even made sarcastic remarks about my ability to pay for a newer car with better depreciation ; which needs me to pay a bigger sum of downpayment.

He even threatened to sue me for breaching of sales agreement. (The loan application has not gone through as I have not provide additional documents to officiate the loan application for approval).

As of now I know what my rights are but it just makes me lose interest to deal with this sales rep .

may I know if this is common in Singapore? I am very surprised as part of my job scopes are dealing with sales on day to day basis, and I have a rough idea how things can be difficult for this car dealers to seal a deal.

I have not return any calls from the sales rep, as I decided it is just too draining to be treated fairly as a customer. 

any opinions are greatly appreciated. 

I certainly think if u have recorded audio of the call of the person saying he will beat u, pls lodge a police report, go to the fb of the dealer and everywhere where u can complain and complain.

For the loan agreement, did you sign on the papers to request for loan from the bank? If you did, then well you are in the wrong for backing out. The dealers will ONLY return the deposit if YOUR LOAN failed for whatever reasons. NOT you deciding not to give essential details to request for the loan. (Thats what i believed for this situation la) 😂

If u have the copies of sales agreement, pls upload lor. let us learn.

I guess no pt fighting for the 2K back. Though its painful. U can see if the contract has any mention of the downpayment. if <$2k, u still have chance.

BUT PLS PLS, CALL the POLICE on him for threatening to beat you. Buy car also wana beat ppl. Come on la. Hooligan meh.

3 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

I certainly think if u have recorded audio of the call of the person saying he will beat u, pls lodge a police report, go to the fb of the dealer and everywhere where u can complain and complain.

For the loan agreement, did you sign on the papers to request for loan from the bank? If you did, then well you are in the wrong for backing out. The dealers will ONLY return the deposit if YOUR LOAN failed for whatever reasons. NOT you deciding not to give essential details to request for the loan. (Thats what i believed for this situation la) 😂

I guess no pt fighting for the 2K back. Though its painful. U can see if the contract has any mention of the downpayment. if <$2k, u still have chance.

BUT PLS PLS, CALL the POLICE on him for threatening to beat you. Buy car also wana beat ppl. Come on la. Hooligan meh.

With stupid new Euro-trash laws which both Google and Apple have to follow, call recording is made very difficult on the latest versions of both major phone OSs. I am also bey song. 

By the way, call recording is fully legal without consent in sg. 

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

With stupid new Euro-trash laws which both Google and Apple have to follow, call recording is made very difficult on the latest versions of both major phone OSs. I am also bey song.  

By the way, call recording is fully legal without consent in sg. 

eh speaking of which, i better check my call recording app is functioning properly or not.

Just now, Ka_kia said:

eh speaking of which, i better check my call recording app is functioning properly or not.

Last I checked ACR (the best in my view) wasn't working properly. 

Good experience list:

Hui hua

Hua yang

Thong Lee Vee (long long ago) 

Prestige (or something like that, it's at Turf City/Grandstand) 

Tom Ong's place previously known as Ong automobiles now something else I think) 

Bad experiences:

KK automobili

RPM automobiles

Carlingual (long long ago) 

Very bad experience:

Sportsway Auto (WCEGA) - steer clear in my view

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Last I checked ACR (the best in my view) wasn't working properly. 

Same, s*** my call recorder pro (no ad version) on andriod also cannot work le. Alamak...if know then wont upgrade OS!

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
37 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Well it is actually a chain of event that trigger the threats. haha..

so i had decided to buy a honda fit from this sales guy, at 54.8k. which soon after I saw the same car being advertised at 52.8k

Of course I was doubtful once I saw this - like hey i got ketok man! and decided no to submit my loan documents as I know better how financial institution works. and anyways, even if I proceed with the purchase, I have already lost the $2k. and after all the verbal CUES (LOL), i think I know better what is going to happen if problem arises after the car purchase. 

Can't disclose anything yet as I am going via CASE to at least appeal for $2k. It is actually a good experience for me. Will write down in detail once I have reach the final fate lol

yes i guess 2k is gone. and I pretty much dont want to deal with this sales guy after the curses and threats. 

6 hours ago, Ath said:

so i had decided to buy a honda fit from this sales guy, at 54.8k. which soon after I saw the same car being advertised at 52.8k

Can't disclose anything yet as I am going via CASE to at least appeal for $2k. It is actually a good experience for me. Will write down in detail once I have reach the final fate lol

yes i guess 2k is gone. and I pretty much dont want to deal with this sales guy after the curses and threats. 

Lol i guess the guy is dumb to go lower the price for no good reason. Lol.

Ya try case but not to be skeptical. They cant do anything other than write letter to the Coy and ask them how they wana settle. If they die die dont wana compromise, case can only refer u to small claims tribunal. Depends on how far you want to proceed to pursue.

But really for threats, confirm need poh mata.

Lol just curious did u ask if the $2k can be deposit for the $52K priced vehicle?

Usually used car dealer are able to do slight nego. Those that dont nego, hard to deal with them also.

Hi people,

Was keen to get a car from TTS Eurocars but saw their lousy reviews on Google.

Profile: https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11799

Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=tts+eurocars+review&oq=TTS+Eurocars+review&aqs=chrome.0.0l3.1662j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#

FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/TTSEurocars/about/?ref=page_internal

Also, their FB reviews are turned off, another red flag?

Any guys have any recent experiences to share about them please?

Thanks!

Edited by OptiRed
Links

On 2/17/2020 at 1:45 AM, ZW44 said:

seems better, maybe u can negotiate more. COE is very low now, i don't recommend buying used car unless u buying COE car. u won't "earn" a lot now as compared to buying used when COE is high. and if u buying VW, make sure to check for gearbox issue. my friend's Tiguan has a gearbox issue after 3 months, and again after the repair. she sold it after fixing and lost a lot of $$$...

Yes, if TS can stretch up to 71k, might as well consider new car.

Anyone got any experience with Vanguard Global Pte at Ubi Ave, 1? Sales rep seems nice but have not heard of the dealer before and couldn't find any reviews or online presence on FB/Google etc. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. Just to share my experience with you all. I recently bought a civic from this grandturf carguru end of dec last year. When you go there they show you wah like everything so perfect no issue. But once u started using, 1month plus got so many problem already. Side mirror you need press key up to 3 times to activate, roof lining all collapsing in less than a month, which they claimed they changed all just before i bought from them. But when go workshop they said its old rooflining, wasnt changed recently anyway. The wiper water compartment also leaking literally like waterfall when you fill the compartment. They noted all the issue but they buat bodoh only. Online but ignore the msges all. Somemore 3 years pay 1.3k per month, i cannot tell u how much i regret buying from them. One of them quite nice la still acknowledge but she cant assist much cause shes nt the main dealer. This guy name gavin from carguru grandturf, is the one im most frustrated with. Totally irresponsible. This is the kind of guy, once sell alrdy, get money, bochup whatever happens to you one. Just sharing from my experience though, i wont recommend them at all. Deal with them at your own risk. Youll end up spending alot more money fixing the problematic car apart from the car payment lol