Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

On 7/30/2020 at 7:46 AM, Unltd said:

No, Lemon law applies to almost everything, you can go read up on it.

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/CPFTA2003#P1III-

Lots of dealers will tell you all kinds of BS like only applicable to engine and GB. It's good for the consumers to educate themselves and challenge every cock statement the dealers make.

But at the end of the day, legal remediation and compensation will be a nightmare. Look at the recent court judgement on the tampered mileage case.

Whenever someone talks about "consumer rights in Singapore", I always reply "Got meh?"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Lots of dealers will tell you all kinds of BS like only applicable to engine and GB. It's good for the consumers to educate themselves and challenge every cock statement the dealers make.

But at the end of the day, legal remediation and compensation will be a nightmare. Look at the recent court judgement on the tampered mileage case.

Whenever someone talks about "consumer rights in Singapore", I always reply "Got meh?"

Yup, hence the law is for those who can afford to go to court in the end.... 

7 minutes ago, Unltd said:

Yup, hence the law is for those who can afford to go to court in the end.... 

Even then, it doesn't work. It's whose lawyers are more convincing, and hence usually, the most expensive.

Neutral Newbie
On 5/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, Sylvester123 said:

Report le. Police says sold for profit, considered BOA, not their problem. Call lawyer...

Transferred... Yeah... learnt from lesson. Haha... Wonder if you have deal with a guy call Jason Ng before?

So how ur case now ?

Neutral Newbie
On 5/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, Sylvester123 said:

Report le. Police says sold for profit, considered BOA, not their problem. Call lawyer...

Transferred... Yeah... learnt from lesson. Haha... Wonder if you have deal with a guy call Jason Ng before?

So how ur case now ? Get back the $ ?

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

That again, maybe they read mcf and .......

Well, my post got deleted so you are most probably right. The advertisement on the RAV4 remove the mileage too.

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, TheCarDealer said:

Well, my post got deleted so you are most probably right. The advertisement on the RAV4 remove the mileage too.

why do they have the access or authority to delete your post ? Some kawan kwan stuff  with MCF ? 

4 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Precisely, it is why whenever I buy a used car, after viewing and test driving, once I confirmed the deal, I have no expectations from the dealer.

• Praise 1

Bottom line. COD.

I have never place any deposit to buy used car. Its no different to giving a fish to a cat or a bone to a dog. 

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Bottom line. COD.

I have never place any deposit to buy used car. Its no different to giving a fish to a cat or a bone to a dog. 

Never transfer vehicle ownership means the vehicle still belongs to the dealer although the car still have 3 months COE left and dealer said to renew later.

2 hours ago, VDub_Golf said:

wonder is this the car and the company? If it is, they have relisted the car at a new price..😠 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=896491&DL=3256

3 owners 10 yr old car with 65k mileage - already smells a rat.
Notice the photo of car engine is grainy compared to other photos - probably googled pic.  Never ever trust any 2nd hand car dealers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2