Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

17 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

The car I looking at is $72k. The first dealer max is 40% down payment, the remaining is 7 yrs loan with interest 2.28.

The milage both dealer dun mind requesting from AD the milage of last servicing as proof to the car milage. As the car I interested only used for 2 yrs and is OPC car, the milage is quite low. Less than 15k for a 2 yrs car. 

80K can buy brand new Vios, Fit 1.3, Avante (old model) leh! You are kind soul, donating alot of money to the dealer =D Good la can keep them afloat even if COE prices increase and they cant sell their used cars =D

Edited by yellowshaun
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, ZW44 said:

wtf?! 2 year old OPC car for 72k?? u looking at cerato right? 1 yr old cerato only 72k and is normal plate. either u lying or the dealers are cheating u big time. 

Bro, is after conversion to normal plate la. Lol.... This Cerato left 8.1yrs. So what will be a reasonable price if left 8.1 yrs old? Ex model. 

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

80K can buy brand new Vios, Fit 1.3, Avante (old model) leh! You are kind soul, donating alot of money to the dealer =D Good la can keep them afloat even if COE prices increase and they cant sell their used cars =D

I didn't even mentioned a single word I brought the car.... Zzz

1 hour ago, Cw1985 said:

I didn't even mentioned a single word I brought the car.... Zzz

I apologise. Your post sounded like u were way overpaying for an OPC car 🙂 scare us cause it seemed to be so ex!! 

Edited by yellowshaun

On 10/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, seahzyang said:

Hi guys. i just went to look at Lancer (https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=928679&DL=3794)

It's a C&C unit and mileage only at 90k++.

However, he said in-house loan will have a $1,500 admin fee. My knowledge is that it's usually only $500.

And he was saying if i were to use bank loan, admin fee will be $1000.

Anyone can advice?

They also said there's a 1 year free maintenance for engine and gearbox. 

They are under SRS Automobile / SRS Service Centre.

The minute I hear any admin fee/showroom similanjiao fee I walk away.
I will pay the price on the ticket and that is it.

First contribution / sharing, 

I've attached an image of a vehicle sales agreement ("VSA") for scrutinizing and reference to members in the forum. Darkened areas are what I opined to be sensitive information. 

Nothing particularly negative to highlight. But the purpose is to allow members, especially 1st time buyers of used cars, to view a live sample of a VSA. Back in 2018, I was not exposed to this forum and had really limited exposure to purchasing used cars. Hence there weren't alot of comments written under "sales consultant remarks", comments that were supposed to protect buyers' interests, such as having refundable deposit, sending vehicle for inspection, mileage issues etc were missing. 

So for 1st time buyers of used cars, please exercise due diligence in protecting your interests. Go through the pages in this forum for the comprehensive tips and recommendations, and make sure the comment section of any VSA is reasonably filled up. 

Relating to the main topic of this thread, I do not have negative comments on the dealer nor the vehicle.

car pre-own1.jpeg.jpg

• Praise 2

Hi Guys, 

Just bought my 3rd car with Sincere Motoring. 

My first car was a 2009 vios. 100K KM mileage only 1 owner. Drove 50km till I sold it. Car condition was good minor repairs needed. 

My second car 2010 Altis. Drove almost 85K KM and car Coe ending this coming 26 Oct and I Managed to sold it to another dealer at a good price. This car also one owner. Regret a bit buying cos I spent quite a lot of money repairing this car wear and tear as car was 7 years old already but I managed to recover some of the money by carpooling. 

I decided not to buy another used car and was thinking to get a Camry Hybrid. But I saw that the COE kept going up and decided to wait. While waiting, I decided to just view sgcarmart COE cars for fun and saw that Sincere was selling this IS250 Which caught my eye. Why? 

1) 1 Owner. Metallic red. Paintwork all done nicely. 

2) Stock Rims and no modifications done. 

3) Interior work done nicely and all the seats are almost looking like brand new. 

4) 120K KM mileage. Not sure if real or not. I will know soon... 

I test drive the car a bit in the carpark. Seems okay driving but need to get used to a RWD. 

Renewing for another 10 years hoping for a smooth and reliable drive. Just noticed this dealer always have 1 owner cars which makes buyers like me skeptical but I think a Toyota or Lexus with decent prior maintenance should do okay. 

• Praise 1

@ismailmiller

Similar to yourself, i had 3 encounters with used cars but memory not as good as yours as I cant recall the specifications unless i dig up the old purchase agreements and what not. Cars I had were :

1) Mitsubishi Lancer, bought at AML, OPC, had an experienced friend to tag along and helping to minimize potential adverse incidences with used cars and dealers.
2) Daihatsu Copen, bought at some unit at Turf City, normal plate, went alone and the experience was like some of the members here mentioned, walking in the valley of death
3) Audi A3, bought at Vantage pre-owned, normal plate, went alone as well

On the issue of mileage authenticity, i think many of the members here had mentioned to be skeptical and as there aren't really any foolproof ways to verify the authenticity, it might be better to make reference to the frequency of servicing conducted on the vehicle.

Higher frequency of servicing on a high mileage car would most probably be better in quality vis-a-vis infrequent to no servicing on a low mileage car.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, drakekjw said:

Hey Senseis,

Could you provide some opinion on this please? https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=935078

currently considering it and have never purchase a car before. 

Since it's not one of the big PIs, you (not them) would want to send it for an inspection. From what i understand, AA is the most reputable. If they insist on STA and viacom and charge you more than what it costs, you know it's plus kopi money to magic away some problems liao...

• Angry 1

15 hours ago, drakekjw said:

Hey Senseis,

Could you provide some opinion on this please? https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=935078

If I may weigh in,

Quality of vehicle - Inspection of the vehicle should be conducted by your own trusted workshop or preferably by AA if you do not have one. You will then be aware of the vehicle's actual condition / road-worthy-ness. Weighing the conditions against your budget, you can then make an informed decision on purchase. Conditions that are not satisfactory, you might want to set aside additional budget for repair / maintenance. Some might argue to have the dealer rectify the issues, but you'll be subjected to trust and quality arguments down the road which may dampen your mood since it is supposed to be a joyous event buying a car.

Consignment - Vehicle on consignment basically means that the dealer is functioning as a middleman linking up the seller with potential buyers such as yourself. Every arrangement has its pros and cons. For vehicles on consignment basis, you have to make sure that the vehicle is physically present on your viewing sessions.  In the event where you decide to make the purchase, take note of issues such as existing loans on the vehicle and transfer of vehicle ownership as these can get complicated.

Test driving - Contrary to the focus on driving, the caution here is about deposit being collected / requested during the test drive of vehicle. It's not a regulation but I personally do not advocate handing a deposit just for test driving. A deposit signifies a buyer's interest to lock-in the vehicle, not test driving. 

Vehicle Purchase Agreement - It may be a little too soon to talk about purchase agreement. But if it ever comes to this stage, please read the fine prints, iron out all the dos-and-donts, pen them down in black & white. 

There are quite a lot to be discussed and shared even on individual topics so it is not possible to condense the information in a single post. Take some time to go through the posting made by members here (its really informative).

Be mentally prepared and brave enough to walk away if the deal is unsatisfactory / fishy. 

17 hours ago, drakekjw said:

Hey Senseis,

u only interested in this model? this price range can consider 320i coupe/convertible, A5 and more. don't limit to just 1 choice. consign deals may be a bit troublesome/messy. i always choose to buy direct from dealers...

On 10/23/2020 at 12:12 AM, Volvobrick said:

Some say avoid Turf City.....

Yes confirmed! My BIL who is in the car trade also told me that. Hahaha. 

But doesn't mean other places is ok. Its impt to go with some friend who is experienced. Esp virgin buyers sure blur blur one. My first car I also kena "cheated", after that I learnt! Heh

Lastly, 2nd hand cars surely got problem one. Its just wear and tear. So must set expectations right. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1