Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

On 10/24/2020 at 1:51 PM, wanfeng said:

Hi any one heard of united auto before? At turf club 

any comment? 

45 minutes ago, CARNEWBIEs said:

hi guys,

im newbie here any need some advice, i shortlisted a car from United Auto Trading from Turf Club city,

any comment?

thank you

Suddenly so many interest parties for this dealer? Or is is an attempt to get free advertisement? What car ? Where is the link ? Why that car ?  

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, CARNEWBIEs said:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=927443&DL=2793

low dep and simply fall into my range of budget. 

Have u test driven the car? Online details seems attractive especially 1 owner, accident free AND low mileage. 

😅😅 Please test drive and do not commit anything, and pls ah, that showroom fee or charge or fee to test drive is a no no. If they insist, walk away. 

Best to bring an experienced friend or let a honest mechanic to help check out the car.

Ask to drive to your mechanic. Free ah. Your time and the sales person's time oso precious. 

Whatever is verbally promised, make sure it gets on your sales purchase. If need loan, make sure its written that deposit ($100 is good) is refundable if not approved. If they want a bigger amount as deposit, walk away. 

Notice that there are some vital leg exercises (walk away) built in when dealing with 2nd hand car purchases. But if you really really really love the car, prepare a few Ks for wear and tear. 

Important to tamper your expectations. Dun expect brand new standards. 

Hope all pans well for you and may you find the car of your pocket, I mean, heart. 😅

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, PSP415 said:

Have u test driven the car? Online details seems attractive especially 1 owner, accident free AND low mileage. 

😅😅 Please test drive and do not commit anything, and pls ah, that showroom fee or charge or fee to test drive is a no no. If they insist, walk away. 

Best to bring an experienced friend or let a honest mechanic to help check out the car.

Ask to drive to your mechanic. Free ah. Your time and the sales person's time oso precious. 

Whatever is verbally promised, make sure it gets on your sales purchase. If need loan, make sure its written that deposit ($100 is good) is refundable if not approved. If they want a bigger amount as deposit, walk away. 

Notice that there are some vital leg exercises (walk away) built in when dealing with 2nd hand car purchases. But if you really really really love the car, prepare a few Ks for wear and tear. 

Important to tamper your expectations. Dun expect brand new standards. 

Hope all pans well for you and may you find the car of your pocket, I mean, heart. 😅

Stay safe 

Cheers 

thanks bro, have tested drive and seem ok.

yet to do a complete pre-check myself, to do it prior to any payment.

just want to check if there any unpleasant experience with this seller, so can try avoid it.

googled but no record. so try my luck here. haha

3 minutes ago, CARNEWBIEs said:

thanks bro, have tested drive and seem ok.

yet to do a complete pre-check myself, to do it prior to any payment.

just want to check if there any unpleasant experience with this seller, so can try avoid it.

googled but no record. so try my luck here. haha

Ahso. Nope, personally not dealt with them b4. 

Wait awhile. Perhaps some others here may have. 

Again, all the best. 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Suddenly so many interest parties for this dealer? Or is is an attempt to get free advertisement? What car ? Where is the link ? Why that car ?  

Ya very fishy suddenly got 2 people ask about the same dealer hmmmmm....

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Haha! 2

Just wondering how come vehicles being sold by "Direct Owners" can have the following phrases in description : 

- Trade In And Loan Package Available
- Trade-In Welcome
- Loan Can Be Arranged 2.28%
- Loan And Insurance Can Be Arranged
- Bank Loan In House Loan Available
- Low Interest Rate Bank Loan Available. Additional $5000 Trade In Value For Your Used Car

Is it possible that "Direct Owners" have the capability to make the above-mentioned arrangements? 

Edited by Gab84
  • Haha! 1

Would like to share a positive used car buying experience from Pure Motors Pte Ltd @ Turf Club Lot B49 and give credit to their salesman, Dezmond Low whom had attended to my nephew .

My nephew had bought a 2016 Vezel from them last week [drivingcar] 

Everything which was supposed to make good and freebies given was listed in B&W on the agreement and they have fulfilled everything without hiccups [thumbsup]

The whole process was pleasant and Dezmond updated my nephew daily throughout the whole time when the car was send for some minor paint work remedy & repair, STA evaluation, fixing of a bad stone chip on the windscreen ... etc

Well done!!! [thumbsup]

3 hours ago, Mzrmazda3 said:

Would like to share a positive used car buying experience from Pure Motors Pte Ltd @ Turf Club Lot B49 and give credit to their salesman, Dezmond Low whom had attended to my nephew .

My nephew had bought a 2016 Vezel from them last week [drivingcar] 

Everything which was supposed to make good and freebies given was listed in B&W on the agreement and they have fulfilled everything without hiccups [thumbsup]

The whole process was pleasant and Dezmond updated my nephew daily throughout the whole time when the car was send for some minor paint work remedy & repair, STA evaluation, fixing of a bad stone chip on the windscreen ... etc

Well done!!! [thumbsup]

Your feedback can trust. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Gab84 said:

Just wondering how come vehicles being sold by "Direct Owners" can have the following phrases in description : 

- Trade In And Loan Package Available
- Trade-In Welcome
- Loan Can Be Arranged 2.28%
- Loan And Insurance Can Be Arranged
- Bank Loan In House Loan Available
- Low Interest Rate Bank Loan Available. Additional $5000 Trade In Value For Your Used Car

Is it possible that "Direct Owners" have the capability to make the above-mentioned arrangements? 

Usually this kind of posting will tag along with No Dealers/Consignment. See already also know its dealer acting as direct seller.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Got admin fee?

No Admin Fee but there is

Agreement Fee
Documentation Fee
Loan Processing Fee
Facility Fee
Bank Loan Fee
Registration Fee
Transfer Fee
GST Fee
Whatever Fee

Which one you paid for?

😂😂😂

Edited by TheCarDealer
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, TheCarDealer said:

Usually this kind of posting will tag along with No Dealers/Consignment. See already also know its dealer acting as direct seller.

Then its quite rampant, isnt it? 

First 10 pages of used cars under "Direct Owner" filter, seems like all the listings aren't exactly posted by direct owners. As you have pointed, these kind of postings are very obvious especially how the vehicle was described from a 3rd party rather than a 1st party perspective. 

Just wondering how then are these listings categorized under "Direct Owners" and there's probably minimal due diligence from sgcarmart segregating dealers from actual owners. 

This added another layer of murk for potential buyers.

Just now, Gab84 said:

First 10 pages of used cars under "Direct Owner" filter, seems like all the listings aren't exactly posted by direct owners. As you have pointed, these kind of postings are very obvious especially how the vehicle was described from a 3rd party rather than a 1st party perspective. 

Just wondering how then are these listings categorized under "Direct Owners" and there's probably minimal due diligence from sgcarmart segregating dealers from actual owners. 

I would assume that it is meant to avoid lemon law consequences.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Got admin fee?

Admin Fee @ S$500 but they waive it off since we confirm the deal on the same day .... [grin]

No other si mi fee other than S$2000 deposit and will minus it from the selling pricing.

STA Evaluation @ S$188.00 (Buyer will bear if Grading is A Or B otherwise Dealer will bear if Grading is C Or D & refund the deposit).

Transfer fee S$25.00 paid by buyer

No si mi GST 

[drivingcar]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
  • Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Mzrmazda3 said:

Admin Fee @ S$500 but they waive it off since we confirm on the same day .... [grin]

No other si mi fee other than S$2000 deposit and will minus it from the selling pricing.

STA Evaluation @ S$188.00 (Buyer will bear if Grading is A Or B otherwise Dealer will bear if Grading is C Or D & refund the deposit).

Transfer fee S$25.00 paid by buyer

No si mi GST 

[drivingcar]

Swee! Will keep this guy in mind if looking for used car.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Gab84 said:

Bolded my favourite part. I totally agree, of course. 

While not trivial, it's also not super hard to ensure Direct Owner is really legit direct owner. 

When listing as direct owner, have the seller scan log card with identifying details along with NRIC. 

Not sure how this works under PDPA, but exceptions already exist for certain transactions so it's not insurmountable. 

SGCM ads are definitely vetted by someone, so this should be feasible. The fact that they're not doing it means they probably DGAF. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1