Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

2 minutes ago, tchol said:

Hi all,

I am a newbie here, first time buying used car. Appreciate if you guys can give some advice on this car.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=955434&DL=2792

checked google review and some mentioned that the dealer policy is no test drive, anyone has experience with this dealer to share?

thanks.

Cannot test drive then not sincere liao 😛

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

54 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Odyssey should be okay lah. 🤣

Cannot be he bring this water buffalo to 99 bend and chiong one. hahahahha.

Don't say too fast, I see 2 odyseey and 1 estima do that tgr before, go rounding kup corner at 99 bends, wa I shookt

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, tchol said:

Hi all,

I am a newbie here, first time buying used car. Appreciate if you guys can give some advice on this car.

checked google review and some mentioned that the dealer policy is no test drive, anyone has experience with this dealer to share?

thanks.

For a relatively new car like this, check to make sure no major accident and validate mileage is real, not much you need to check .  Walk away if you have to make a $90k decision without testing drive

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, tchol said:

Hi all,

thanks.

Maybe the dealership, Sincere Motoring Pte Ltd, is not so sincere afterall if the "no test drive" policy is true.

It's better to be conservative albeit the vehicle being relatively new i.e must test drive, must check, must inspect, careful about placing deposits unless fully committed etc.

Not just for this level of pricing, but please exercise prudency when sourcing for used vehicles. Wanna let go of your hard-earned dough, make sure it is worth the effort. 

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, tchol said:

Hi all,

thanks.

This might we might have to put ourselves in the dealers shoe. Some of the reasons might be:

- The car needs to be shift out from the back for the test drive which also means that a few other cars need to be shifted also due to the congested area at AML used car lots.
- Its a relatively new car and the dealer cannot afford everyone to come and test drive as the mileage clocked will be quite high and it might depreciate the car's value.
- Some A**hole test drive car like driving F1. Never stop at hump, over rev the car etc
- The buyer looking at 100% loan with a poor credit profile, low income. Loan application might not get approved at all.
- The deposit before test drive could be due to previous experience when car got damaged due to customer's negligence and they refuse to pay for the damage.

Maybe the dealer can try to explain or put in the remarks that he deposit is fully refundable subject to evaluation tests & test drive. 

My 50cents worth of bulls**t.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, tchol said:

Hi all,

thanks.

Can still ask. If not can request them for either sgCarMart Warranty or an evaluation check before purchasing.

Sometimes is they do not want to pay the insurance premiums for the liability.

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Don't say too fast, I see 2 odyseey and 1 estima do that tgr before, go rounding kup corner at 99 bends, wa I shookt

Hahahah. Confirm some workshop boss. hahahahahhaha

• Haha! 1

On 12/29/2020 at 1:24 AM, SKY1976 said:

Hi to all Seniors,

Am a newbie here. Can check with you whether this car worth to buy?? Thank u

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=952148

Car manufactured 2008, registered 2011.

Either it was sitting in some yard for 3 years or it may be imported used.

Can look at similar cars like SLK with similar depreciation.

4 hours ago, Mooose said:

Car manufactured 2008, registered 2011.

Either it was sitting in some yard for 3 years or it may be imported used.

Can look at similar cars like SLK with similar depreciation.

Late registration by agent. If imported used you will see 2 registration dates.

23 hours ago, TheCarDealer said:

Low Mileage Fully Maintained And Serviced At Kah Motor. 100% Accident Free Unit. Owner Change Car Due To Underutilized.

You dare to buy?

Please don't flame me, i know there is a typo on the mileage. Just want to brighten up your day 😁

Ody.png

Low Mileage cars they scared, High mileage they complain. Very hard to satisfy la nowadays.

Generally, low fuel consumption cars always have higher mileage. High consumption guzzler like this odyssey normally lower mileage cos pump petrol until scared.

Rule of thumb, low mileage cars arent necessary the best, the moment u buy and start utilizing, all the wear and tear sure kick in and prepare to pay a price for low mileage cars with age.

23 hours ago, TheCarDealer said:

Low Mileage Fully Maintained And Serviced At Kah Motor. 100% Accident Free Unit. Owner Change Car Due To Underutilized.

You dare to buy?

Please don't flame me, i know there is a typo on the mileage. Just want to brighten up your day 😁

Ody.png

“Change car due to underutilise” sounds totally incongruous.  

Putting this post up to rant about a used car dealer I purchased from recently. Prior to the car purchase, I viewed and tested the functions of the car, and brought it for a 3rd party inspection. The car had a couple of issues which the dealer agreed to fix. This included the engine and transmission fluid leaks, noisy turbo etc. The car came with a functioning bluetooth music option as well which was tested. When I took over the car, the bluetooth music option was no longer available on the iDrive UI anymore. I had informed the dealer about it and he said that this is considered under WEAR AND TEAR which is absolutely not covered by the company. How ridiculous is this? During the purchase it was agreed upon that the car comes with these functions and for it to suddenly disappear the moment I take over should not be a wear and tear issue at all. The bluetooth call and phonebook functions were all ok, except for the music function which is missing. My suspicion is that when the car was sent for repairs on the issues that was surfaced, they MIGHT have reset the module using the diagnostic kit which resulted in the missing bluetooth audio function. 

Another gripe I have with the company is that they changed the original carplate holder to a holder with their company's name printed on it without my knowledge. Prior to the purchase I took a photo of the car which did show evidence that it should come with the original holder. When I raised it to the dealer, all he had to say was that this is a standard procedure and if I want to take back the original carplate holder, he will have to void the free servicing package that came along with the car purchase. I sent him a picture of the T&C which does not state this at all but he still continued with his dumb threats. He says that the servicing workshop needs the company's carplate holder for them to identify that this car was indeed purchased from them. How dumb is that? I could have simply swapped the carplate holder to another car and drive in to claim free servicing. 

Can pass the plateholder to me?

I need to do free servicing.

:grin:

22 minutes ago, mesmeriz3 said:

Putting this post up to rant about a used car dealer I purchased from recently. Prior to the car purchase, I viewed and tested the functions of the car, and brought it for a 3rd party inspection. The car had a couple of issues which the dealer agreed to fix. This included the engine and transmission fluid leaks, noisy turbo etc. The car came with a functioning bluetooth music option as well which was tested. When I took over the car, the bluetooth music option was no longer available on the iDrive UI anymore. I had informed the dealer about it and he said that this is considered under WEAR AND TEAR which is absolutely not covered by the company. How ridiculous is this? During the purchase it was agreed upon that the car comes with these functions and for it to suddenly disappear the moment I take over should not be a wear and tear issue at all. The bluetooth call and phonebook functions were all ok, except for the music function which is missing. My suspicion is that when the car was sent for repairs on the issues that was surfaced, they MIGHT have reset the module using the diagnostic kit which resulted in the missing bluetooth audio function. 

Another gripe I have with the company is that they changed the original carplate holder to a holder with their company's name printed on it without my knowledge. Prior to the purchase I took a photo of the car which did show evidence that it should come with the original holder. When I raised it to the dealer, all he had to say was that this is a standard procedure and if I want to take back the original carplate holder, he will have to void the free servicing package that came along with the car purchase. I sent him a picture of the T&C which does not state this at all but he still continued with his dumb threats. He says that the servicing workshop needs the company's carplate holder for them to identify that this car was indeed purchased from them. How dumb is that? I could have simply swapped the carplate holder to another car and drive in to claim free servicing. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advices and opinions. I will go down to view the car and see if I can get a test drive. 😉

21 hours ago, mesmeriz3 said:

Bottom line - If the guy had been honest, he wouldn’t have chosen to be a used car salesman.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1