Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

What do you guys think about buying a second hand car from Carro or Motorway? Seems reputable. Any feedback from anyone who bought cars from these 2 companies before? 

↡ Advertisement

@Jeremytan83 adding on to close the case. I was offered at first 1k back off the 1.5k as they reason that the car was reserved there fire I had to pay for 3 weeks of depreciation which I did not accept due to the fact that the dealer missed my workshop appointment 2 times and only managed to get there on the 3rd time in total wasting 2 and a half weeks. End of the day I told them return me 1.3k and we call it a day where I just so pissed of in dealing with them. Take it as a 200 bucks lesson to deal with them. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 5/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, Jeremytan83 said:

Wanted to purchase a SLK 250 from Monster Motor at Tagore Rd. Agreed to put a deposit of 1.5k if they allow the car to be inspected. On inspection engine was leaking from many places and with coolant leaking on both front Suspensions. I requested for the price to be dropped to fix it but it seems they are unwilling to . The Deposit was made on 12 of May between then then 3 inspection was made due to missing the first 2 appointment with my workshop to check for stuff. When asked to lower the price for the problems they refused and said only way is removed the spray paint which was given due to the cracks on the bumper and bad scratches all over the car. The front windscreen had 3 cracks which the sales person consulted with the boss and the boss told me to fix it with my own windscreen excess in return giving me a 480 SGD worth of PPS. 

After negotiating the sales person offered me everything that was discussed plus a reduction of 1800SGD which i agreed to deal but 3 hours later coming back to me saying they made a mistake and cannot do it. 

Now I am trying to get back my deposit. lets hope its a clean and easy refund process.

Been to MM around 2-3 month back to see a BMW from them. The condition was damn jialat. Mileage stated was 111k km but the car condition doesn't quite tally. Engine leaking, glove compartment handle break, rear mirror break, many scratches on paint work, missing clips. End up I saw from another bidding site the exact same car with mileage as 170k km! Now the car still stuck at MM. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Beware of Auto Zoom in Leng Keng.

Am in the market to look for my next ride as just scraped my car. Went to AZ on 05/06 to view a a car which they have just freshly posted like less than 1/2hrs. I was like 200m away, so decided to drop by. 

When reach there, this auntie come to serve me. Told her I am looking at this car. She said give her a minute, she go and take the key. When she back, I asked her you selling this at 87.8k right? She said they selling at 89.8k! I screenshot the SGCM page n show her. She show me SGCM update as she said they advertise wrongly! She still dare to call me the next day and ask to buy and support her. Very unprofessional, can jack up price on the spot. 

5 hours ago, enginehorsepower said:

i got one dealer that offer 5years warranty, quite a good experience with PI actually..... price cheaper than ADs

Got PI sell more ex than AD one ah?

• Haha! 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Civictoh said:

Am in the market to look for my next ride as just scraped my car. Went to AZ on 05/06 to view a a car which they have just freshly posted like less than 1/2hrs. I was like 200m away, so decided to drop by. 

When reach there, this auntie come to serve me. Told her I am looking at this car. She said give her a minute, she go and take the key. When she back, I asked her you selling this at 87.8k right? She said they selling at 89.8k! I screenshot the SGCM page n show her. She show me SGCM update as she said they advertise wrongly! She still dare to call me the next day and ask to buy and support her. Very unprofessional, can jack up price on the spot. 

I bought a couple of times from them. All OK. Their prices are also more reasonable. Maybe because I know the boss for a long time. 

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
On 6/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, Volvobrick said:

I bought a couple of times from them. All OK. Their prices are also more reasonable. Maybe because I know the boss for a long time. 

I guess maybe I look like a "carrot" to them bah. Lol. 

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, Vokalicious said:

hi guys

appreciate your advice very much, which of the 3 look better here? based on the selling price etc. and all your expertise

1) http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=963767

2) http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1003411

3) http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1003741

TIA

Since the dep are similar, I will choose No.2 as it newer, MY2017 whereas the other 2 are MY2016, provided all the 3 conditions similar. Reliability will have improved as compared to 2016.  

@Vokalicious  hi

would b interested in my 2017 qashqai (about 1 year plus of warranty left with tan chong)

comes with volk racing rims with michelin tires, 360 degree surround cameras, auto folding side mirror, strut bar and many more...

ride is in better condition than those u have listed 

accident free and can share the servicing history too

willing to meet the lowest price of the dealers...

ride in not listed coz trading in 

not a dealer, no admin fee n etc

interested pls PM and thks

On 6/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Civictoh said:

On 6/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, Volvobrick said:

I traded in my old ride and got another new ride from Autozoom many years ago and i find them quite ok.

Paperwork all settled within the timeframe and handling over also quite smooth.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Icetee168 said:

@Vokalicious  hi

would b interested in my 2017 qashqai (about 1 year plus of warranty left with tan chong)

comes with volk racing rims with michelin tires, 360 degree surround cameras, auto folding side mirror, strut bar and many more...

ride is in better condition than those u have listed 

accident free and can share the servicing history too

willing to meet the lowest price of the dealers...

ride in not listed coz trading in 

not a dealer, no admin fee n etc

interested pls PM and thks

Bro, PM this thread starter. 

You guys might just benefit from the deal. I don’t know how much you want to sell but his budget is $80K.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Alg said:

I traded in my old ride and got another new ride from Autozoom many years ago and i find them quite ok.

Paperwork all settled within the timeframe and handling over also quite smooth.

Actually I feel is about the customer service. If they really post wrongly, she could have said..."sorry but let me ask boss whether we can keep the old price for you." 

↡ Advertisement