Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

On 10/17/2022 at 8:40 AM, Watwheels said:

This Citroen is using the Aisin auto gearbox, right? I dunno what "clutch" he is referring to. Maybe someone can share.

it could be the single clutch model since its 7 years old...

Does anyone here use a OBD scanner when y'all buy 2nd hand cars to check error codes and mileage tempering? Got any recommendations? I only heard of Carly being advertised/used on social media etc but got others that are easy to get in SG? 

If have I guess the dealer won't mind you check right? I mean not like you go suka suka plug in then the dealer jump la, but like if ask should be okay right. Got anyone do this when buying used cars?

On 10/19/2022 at 9:52 AM, westwest1 said:

it could be the single clutch model since its 7 years old...

It is the Etg.

Having experienced one, it's an acquired taste, and it's not newbie-friendly.

For bro @Fcw75 not all French are made equal.

I doubt I will ever be interested in any Renault except for the Grand Scenic (let's not talk about the Mégane RS or the Alpine 110) , while the Stellantis ones are interesting (but of course, caveats).

Got poisoned by the new 2008 after testing it for a cash card with $ in it 😂.

If you want a new Renault, buy a Nissan. Your wallet will thank you.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros, was wondering if anyone have any past experience with "Guan Motor Trading"? Was looking around for a Nissan Note E12 and saw a 7y9m Nissan note from Guan Motor which is currently still under Tan Cheong's warranty. 

Hi all, been going through this forum for a while now to pick up some tips on getting my first used car, and this thread was especially helpful.

Didn't manage to find any mentions of this dealer Sphere Automobile here on MCF, anyone engaged them before can share your experience? I have found reviews for them on Google and Facebook, all 5 stars, thought maybe better if I can hear from other bros here. TIA~

Edited by CarBoHydrate

3 hours ago, kingofxiaomi said:

Looking to buy a car from this dealer https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?DL=3004 but no google maps review for dealer or anything - going down with someone that has more knowledge of cars than me either way.
What are the chances that things will go wrong?

bro @kingofxiaomi, this one looks like either same or linked to this dealer: Auto Exchange Leasing. Same address and phone number as shown in your sgcm link. Google reviews 4.8 stars, maybe you can dive in further using this name for your research. 

Edited by CarBoHydrate
  • Praise 1

But interested to know from other bros as well, personally will also plan to go down with a more experienced kaki who might be able to catch on to potential red flags better than myself, if happy after viewing/test drive will request to send to AA evaluation (paid by myself) for further reassurance before purchasing.

Researched across several threads but several things I couldn't confirm so wanted to check here:

• List price should normally be NETT, and all these GST/Loan/Admin fees etc. are typically nonsense tacked on by dealers trying to make extra kopi money, especially if i'm already letting them handle my loan/insurance whereby they'll also earn comms from their partner agents? 

• If buying a car that supposedly comes with official agent warranty, how to verify if not voided and still valid? Servicing records alone enough? Saw some bros mention can call in to AD to check but some others say the ADs won't anyhow give details to non-owners, so which is it? Or does it varies across ADs so need to see my own heng suay when I try calling in myself?

• If after pre-purchase inspection and the car comes back with serious issues, is there any one option below that is recommended usually?
    a. Just retrieve deposit and walk away (*guessing this is the best option? )
    b. let dealer fix issues, then verify either the workshop invoice and/or send for inspection again
    c. negotiate discount off list price to go fix it yourself outside at a workshop you trust

Sorry for the long wall of text, would appreciate anyone sharing from their experience! TIA

Maybe all his 3 cars bought second hand from my competitors?

:D

Hard to believe all 3 Jap cars need to change gasket after just 100k 

On 10/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, Ct3833 said:

Did you always   squeeze your engine power  till the last drop ? I dont think 100k km need to replace  O rings and gasket seal, be it Jap or European brands. 

50 minutes ago, CarBoHydrate said:

bro @kingofxiaomi, this one looks like either same or linked to this dealer: Auto Exchange Leasing. Same address and phone number as shown in your sgcm link. Google reviews 4.8 stars, maybe you can dive in further using this name for your research. 

Wah that was quick. Thanks bro. Looked through their Facebook post a little, and saw a how-to-get there video. Seemed like they are the same - outside their Auto Exchange office have paste this Grandeur Credit banner also. Found them on Google Maps as well (Auto Exchange)

Edited by kingofxiaomi

Hi all, planning to get my first car ( a used car ) ,

anyone got any reviews on the few dealers that I’m planning to visit ?

1) Sime Darby Auto Selection

2) San Hup Bee (S) Pte Ltd

3) Sincere Motoring

4) 1axis Pte Ltd

Have looked at their Google review and they seemed to be quite decent, but just wanted to know more if anyone has anything to share here. Thank you!

1 hour ago, thebestbees said:

Hi all, planning to get my first car ( a used car ) ,

anyone got any reviews on the few dealers that I’m planning to visit ?

1) Sime Darby Auto Selection

2) San Hup Bee (S) Pte Ltd

3) Sincere Motoring

4) 1axis Pte Ltd

Have looked at their Google review and they seemed to be quite decent, but just wanted to know more if anyone has anything to share here. Thank you!

Since you are new to used car, first one is a better choice for you. They are BMW AD's used car division, their price might be slightly higher than market rate but you buy with peace of mind. You are new to used car, if you try to get it from other unproven dealers, you may run into all sorts of problems. 

• Praise 3