Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

@oasiscars i think what you did is good for proper closure and sharing your side of story. 

one may be in car sales but reputation is still important 🙂

anyw reviews these days, google or FB, really must take with a big pinch of salt...esp those with 100% 5 stars....haha

kudos on the donation 👍

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 10:26 AM, Kannan92 said:

@Ct3833 

I am writing this as a feed back as I am disappointed with the unprofessional service of Oasis Cars Pte Ltd, and I would like to provide feedback on my experience. On February 9th, I initiated contact with Alan from Oasis Cars Pte Ltd, expressing my interest in viewing a Peugeot 3008 1.6A PureTech EAT8 Active. A viewing appointment was scheduled for February 13th at 3 pm, with Alan Sim as our agent.

During this viewing, Alan assured us of paint touch-ups and claimed that the car had recently undergone servicing and was under warranty until June 2025. Although the initially quoted deposit was $1,000, it was later revised to $2,000. We opted to place a $45,000 deposit against the total price of $102,500. We explicitly mentioned our intention to decide on the final deposit amount after selling our current car, a request initially met with resistance, citing potential impacts on Alan's commission. However, after explaining our rationale, he agreed.

Price of this Peugeot 3008 has been further reduced to $100,800. Looks like a good deal. $14K a year  is lower annual depreciation than most Japanese and Korean cars. 👍

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1259392&DL=2729&utm_content=SLeligible

Edited by metalstream

Any guru can advise what you think is the acceptable price to offer for a second hand car from used car dealer? The car left with 7 years 7 month. COE 85k. OMV 35k. ARF 42k. Asking for $188000. 

On 4/21/2024 at 1:31 AM, P0711142 said:

Any guru can advise what you think is the acceptable price to offer for a second hand car from used car dealer? The car left with 7 years 7 month. COE 85k. OMV 35k. ARF 42k. Asking for $188000. 

What car including model? , what CAT? PI or AD? What is the average sell price in sgcarmat ?

On 4/21/2024 at 8:36 AM, P0711142 said:

Selling price of $188K is  $95K above paper value.

Vey high risk. Can try to bargain down to $180K.

Volvo is generally not a popular make in the used car market and resale value is non existent.

So give yourself some buffer.

image.png.88b5617f80c2ac2ec7d8ef8c125bcfbd.png

Edited by metalstream

On 4/22/2024 at 9:36 AM, Fcw75 said:

Coincidentally my BIL just sold his XC40 to a dealer.

Dealer take in at $102300 then sell it at $109800. 😁

Mileage not tampered.

change to?

Heng I never sell them any cars.

Sign purchase agreement and don't want to take the car.

Then try and spoil dealer's good reputation and break people's rice bowl.

:D

Hi All, I am looking to get my first 2nd hand car and I am deliberating between this 2 cars.

would like to buy a 2nd hand and see if few years down the road COE will be cheaper anot.

would like to seek all expert advice if which is a better choice. Thanks all.

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/finance.php?ID=1280615

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1282823&DL=4398

↡ Advertisement