Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Sorry, my post was not meant to make you feel worse.

As mentioned, good that you shared. 

Was trying to make the point that without details, very hard for readers to judge the merits of the case

Many have successfully claimed thru help from CASE and SCT and similarly, many have not.

The other point that I wanted to highlight is that perhaps our laws can better improved to further protect buyers esp in the motor industry. 

I have contributed posts in this thread for the precious reason that you are here because I have felt the pain of getting a used car that turned out to be a lemon and the sense of "injustice" and "loss" was immense. 

Like many good bros have suggested here, as consumers we try to reduce the risks that we can control as much as possible

Have a good Sunday [:)]

If you wanted someone who has won against the dealer in a CASE or SCT situation you could have said so earlier and I needn't have written all that. I work alongside legal people in my company and have had sought their help during the process and don't think I am making a groundless claim. I have also lived overseas for some years and looked at buying cars so if you are using that to compare against a Singapore experience that is grossly unfair apple to orange comparison. Besides, a S$1.5k repair bill for a one month old car is by no means small. If you wanted to use other people's experience to gauge your own chances then you are probably not going to get it here. I certainly did not need reinforcement that I was an unlucky example that Lemon Law did not work for me.

Basically what I meant to say was it will not be easy to get money back via those channels and I have lost faith in Lemon Law because it is not straightforward and the court is not entirely pro-consumer. (I can't see how it is my fault that I can't detect a car had problems when I went for a test drive, asked for inspection report and it went to an ah beng shop and came back healthy.) And despite agreeing with you that "it is not true that it will not work" all I'm saying is I have learnt enough to know I can't rely on it to protect me as a consumer 100%. Good luck with your claim, if you do win then let me know and I will be happy for you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Recently I just bought my Honda fit from Tatco Enterprise. I was told by the sales Joey that the second car key was with the previous owner and/or I can duplicate the car key and claim from them. I preferred to take back the key from the previous owner, but after 3 weeks of waiting, Joey said that the previous owner had lost the key. Hence, after he had verified with his office, he whatsapp me the key-maker shop and recommended me to go and duplicate the car key myself, but to take the receipt so as to claim back the full amount directly from his Jalan Kayu office. At the key-maker shop, I told Johnny that I just recently collected my Honda fit and want to duplicate a spare car key. He asked which type of car remote I preferred. I replied him the same pattern with my current one will do. He said he will make with the original Honda car remote. Total cost me $190. When I went back to Joey HQ office to claim, his colleague Francis (the one who trade in the car from my previous car owner) claimed that its far too expensive to claim back the full amount and kept mentioning that the original car key only one has immobilizer while the other spare key does not. Then later he still said that the car key I made got 2 remote buttons instead of one. I don't care whether this got immobilizer or the spare car key I had made got 1 or 2 remote buttons. His key-maker Johnny didn't ask me on this issue. And Francis, another colleague with him contact Johnny on the spot to enquire with my presence. I had overheard the conversation that Johnny do not know that I am the car owner to make spare key at his shop. However, he said that I did not mention to him I bought my car from tatco enterprise. And end up, they only willing to pay me $70 for it. Unpleasant after-sale service.

Unfortunately, the original spare keys of some older Honda models are indeed not remote type. (See the manual)

hi!  I am just wondering and would like to hear what others think about buying direct from a seller.  It seems to me that the "premium" paid to a 2nd hand car dealer is not worth much...especially if 1) you wand guarantee/warranty.  It seems that the "warranty" is not worth much and the hassle and frustration is also too much.

So is it better to buy from direct seller if the price is less than 2nd Hand Car dealer?  Say maybe $5000 less.

Just wondering what some of you think about this topic?

thanks

Recently I just bought my Honda fit from Tatco Enterprise. I was told by the sales Joey that the second car key was with the previous owner and/or I can duplicate the car key and claim from them. I preferred to take back the key from the previous owner, but after 3 weeks of waiting, Joey said that the previous owner had lost the key. Hence, after he had verified with his office, he whatsapp me the key-maker shop and recommended me to go and duplicate the car key myself, but to take the receipt so as to claim back the full amount directly from his Jalan Kayu office. At the key-maker shop, I told Johnny that I just recently collected my Honda fit and want to duplicate a spare car key. He asked which type of car remote I preferred. I replied him the same pattern with my current one will do. He said he will make with the original Honda car remote. Total cost me $190. When I went back to Joey HQ office to claim, his colleague Francis (the one who trade in the car from my previous car owner) claimed that its far too expensive to claim back the full amount and kept mentioning that the original car key only one has immobilizer while the other spare key does not. Then later he still said that the car key I made got 2 remote buttons instead of one. I don't care whether this got immobilizer or the spare car key I had made got 1 or 2 remote buttons. His key-maker Johnny didn't ask me on this issue. And Francis, another colleague with him contact Johnny on the spot to enquire with my presence. I had overheard the conversation that Johnny do not know that I am the car owner to make spare key at his shop. However, he said that I did not mention to him I bought my car from tatco enterprise. And end up, they only willing to pay me $70 for it. Unpleasant after-sale service.

iirc, Tatco is 1 of 3 recommended ones in this thread.I also went there last time to look see, but the price a bit steeper than the market, then they reluctantly lower $300. Lucky never bought from them. Recommended ones are already like that... imagine those not "recommended"....

The safest is get directly from genuine owners. The worst would be bought from those car dealers posing as direct owners. Totally no recourse and almost guarantee big lemon (otherwise why pretend to be direct owner?) I caught quite a few during my car buying search. A little internet checking can see them selling a few cars at the same time, some selling 1-2 cars per month or similar and belong to some used car dealer. Just need to be vigilant with ppl claiming to be direct owners. Call them up and ask them about the car, but don't tell them the car model. They will ask "which ad you saw ah?" or "which car you talking about?" .... tell tale signs.

Buy from owners like I did. My mechanic checked, no problem with car, straightaway deal, mai tu liao.... pay money, LTA PIN change ownership promptly.

The other 2 recommended ones are Henly and Rexy. Never bought from them, but went a couple of times to their shops and felt comfortable, no signs of selling "snake oil".

MC 16636/2014 - SUM 13360/2014

Aziz Bin Mohd Noor v Cheong Ming Kiat (Zhang Minjie)

Cheong Ming Kiat is the owner of In-Carz Automobiles (now In-Carz Pte Ltd)

what case is this??

Twincharged

Bad service Benefit Auto VS Lemon law

I am writing this to share my negative experience with Benefit Auto Enterprise located at AML level 5 and their affiliated workshop.

i had an experience with benefit auto some time back

i will definitely not buy anything from them 

Buy from owners like I did. My mechanic checked, no problem with car, straightaway deal, mai tu liao.... pay money, LTA PIN change ownership promptly.

so steady ar? your insurance how?

Hypersonic

so steady ar? your insurance how?

He buy from directasia while his mechanic checking car. Immediate.

Tampering Of Odometer or lemon law issue, google and read the gossips on HWZ

iirc, Tatco is 1 of 3 recommended ones in this thread.I also went there last time to look see, but the price a bit steeper than the market, then they reluctantly lower $300. Lucky never bought from them. Recommended ones are already like that... imagine those not "recommended"....

The safest is get directly from genuine owners. The worst would be bought from those car dealers posing as direct owners. Totally no recourse and almost guarantee big lemon (otherwise why pretend to be direct owner?) I caught quite a few during my car buying search. A little internet checking can see them selling a few cars at the same time, some selling 1-2 cars per month or similar and belong to some used car dealer. Just need to be vigilant with ppl claiming to be direct owners. Call them up and ask them about the car, but don't tell them the car model. They will ask "which ad you saw ah?" or "which car you talking about?" .... tell tale signs.

The other 2 recommended ones are Henly and Rexy. Never bought from them, but went a couple of times to their shops and felt comfortable, no signs of selling "snake oil".

Agree with Henley. their prices slightly higher but no nonsense
  • Praise 1

In-Carz Automobiles

Sole-proprietorship

Ceased Registration

Date of Cessation: 03/01/2016

About 1 month after judge order Cheong Ming Kiat to pay damages.

Just spotted this advert from Auto Exchange Pte Ltd:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=578050&DL=2767

The VW Beetle was noted to have a mileage of 75,000km in the advert from Auto Exchange. But when the car was put up for bidding via QUOTZ previously, the mileage recorded was 183,582km.

http://www.quotz.com.sg/auction/info.php?AID=16739

in case the advert on quotz got removed, i had pdf the advert.

But then again and to give a benefit of doubt, there could be a "typo" or "genuine mistake" when the car dealer admin uploaded the advert on SGCM.

But in any case, just take extra precaution when dealing with the dealers.

Quotz_VW Beetle.pdf

Auto Exchange_VW Beetle.pdf

• Praise 5

The VW Beetle was noted to have a mileage of 75,000km in the advert from Auto Exchange. But when the car was put up for bidding via QUOTZ previously, the mileage recorded was 183,582km.

But then again and to give a benefit of doubt, there could be a "typo" or "genuine mistake" when the car dealer admin uploaded the advert on SGCM.

Don't understand why the legal enforcement agencies do not go after these?  Do we need another Jover Chew case to hit the international news before law agencies take action?

Don't understand why the legal enforcement agencies do not go after these? Do we need another Jover Chew case to hit the international news before law agencies take action?

As long as it doesn't make money, never make news with a foreigner and no one from up there speakers....we just have to ownself F ownself.

Even just a simple record by LTA at vehicle transfer time or the recording of mileage each time a vehicle is inspected will be good enough.

Instead...in the offical reply one can see they not interested in end users and simply quote to you again....what the 'laws' are. Standard buracacy for you.

Everyone knoWS abt this just like Joven Chew but....guess nothing will even be done.

a job well done by our forummer, keep up the good work...

u can smell the fish far2 away...better dont go near.... the adjustment is a lot....and the sellers hope to make at least more than $5k  from the price they paid assuming some touch-up and cosmestic works.... but at the end of the day it proves how and what business tactics these fellas embraced.....dont even have the slightest care towards buyers except to feed their own stomach....

↡ Advertisement