Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

If all buyers/sellers are like you, life is so much simpler... I am not starting an arguement here but i respect your believe but as a dealer myself, nothing is concrete until deposit is paid to secure the car. No deposit, I will not process anything at all.

So my next question, if dealer go buy car from owner??? Need deposit???

The crux of the matter here is not placing of deposit but how to get back the deposit if the deal did not work out.

Maybe not all dealers are steady as you and often times we hear money in and never out of their pockets.

I am not that rich so I buy less expensive and older car. No deposit from me is ok, i bring cash to you and do the transfer on the spot.

↡ Advertisement

Buy from small dealer , they may abscond w ur $, buy from big dealer prices so expensive......sometimes say got guarantee under lemon law or something but after a few days if got minor really repairs go back to them , they make noise n pay a little n make u sign indemnity form that after this repair no more claims liao.....wat a life for a second hand car buyers in singapore........

• Praise 1

If all buyers/sellers are like you, life is so much simpler... I am not starting an arguement here but i respect your believe but as a dealer myself, nothing is concrete until deposit is paid to secure the car. No deposit, I will not process anything at all.

So my next question, if dealer go buy car from owner??? Need deposit???

The worry of buyer is how to get back deposit if deal falls through

Since as dealer, there is this uncertainty you may run around for nothing if buyer don't buy. Will it be better if dealers let buyer source own insurance and loan?

Lastly,.dealer buy car from owner got place deposit meh?

Even in quotz, sgcarmart people just tell you what's the offer and when transact... in between I.never receive deposit.....

Same when I sell car to other dealers.... they pay me co they take car

• Praise 1

The worry of buyer is how to get back deposit if deal falls through

*** Thats why u need to state terms and conditions properly, of cos there are b**tards who will refuse to return in which we know who they are.

Since as dealer, there is this uncertainty you may run around for nothing if buyer don't buy. Will it be better if dealers let buyer source own insurance and loan?

*** Can of cos, I wont release the car ownership until the money is received and if the owner dont get transfer they wont get the disbursement, in which they still have to pay the full amount first, because the approval wasnt in favour of my company.

Lastly,.dealer buy car from owner got place deposit meh?

*** Of cos, all cars i bought i pay deposit. I bought quite a few from this forum already.

Even in quotz, sgcarmart people just tell you what's the offer and when transact... in between I.never receive deposit.....

*** They receive on your behalf already.

Same when I sell car to other dealers.... they pay me co they take car

*** Refer to point 2

Cheers.

The crux of the matter here is not placing of deposit but how to get back the deposit if the deal did not work out.

*** Completely agree, there are f**kers out there who cause a bad name to the industry. Even terms set, they still can go back on their words. I dont understand how they sleep at night or when going home late will they feel that there is someone behind with knife awaiting them. Human can do the unthinkable when it comes to money.

Maybe not all dealers are steady as you and often times we hear money in and never out of their pockets.

I am not that rich so I buy less expensive and older car. No deposit from me is ok, i bring cash to you and do the transfer on the spot.

*** Do unto others what you would want others to do unto you. My business policy.

Cheers

My 0.020...

Buy from established dealers.

I am curious how to determine established?

Edited by JCSL

Buy from small dealer , they may abscond w ur $, buy from big dealer prices so expensive......sometimes say got guarantee under lemon law or something but after a few days if got minor really repairs go back to them , they make noise n pay a little n make u sign indemnity form that after this repair no more claims liao.....wat a life for a second hand car buyers in singapore........

Minor repairs? How minor, I personally feel for really negligible items buyers should get it done, only big items maybe can go back. I agree quite a lot will not entertain but pls do not generalize all used car dealers to be the same.

I used to be a buyer as well, and only major items i go and bang table else i just pay to get it done, i cant expect nothing to breakdown. After all, if its a moving item meaning used and operated daily surely the are lifespan and such are really wear and tear.

I am not arguing or making ppl believe in my views but rather stating my own views thats all whether from dealer/buyer perspective.

Where do used car dealer at megamart send the cars for polishing before selling?

Always see the cars shiny shiny.

Edited by Fcw75

ACRA search to see paid up capital and years in business.

Track record and reputation in the industry.

Minor repairs? How minor, I personally feel for really negligible items buyers should get it done, only big items maybe can go back. I agree quite a lot will not entertain but pls do not generalize all used car dealers to be the same.

I used to be a buyer as well, and only major items i go and bang table else i just pay to get it done, i cant expect nothing to breakdown. After all, if its a moving item meaning used and operated daily surely the are lifespan and such are really wear and tear.

I am not arguing or making ppl believe in my views but rather stating my own views thats all whether from dealer/buyer perspective.

I agree with your view.

But not many buyers so steady like you. I'm talking about direct buyers, not dealers. Dont want to do their homework, worse still want to expect so much and lowball ridiculous price. Total waste of time.

If so fussy and scared of this and that, please go buy brand new from AD. 2nd hand cars are USED, thats why they are cheaper. Duh. Want cheap want good, go take taxi better.

Speaking from experience, after trying to let go my ride as a direct seller.

When i buy from dealer, i knock off as much as possible from the asking price(including any fees/penalties). Dont need to repair anything or provide workshop warranty. As long as my workshop inspection is good, its a deal. All those minor blemishes or issues i will settle myself, at least i'm assured of the quality of work done.

If dealer steady I also steady.

I knock down a few grand and need no add on like warranty which to me is rubbish.

My French make ignition coil & plugs misfired after almost a month I took over and i fix it on my own accord. The dealers should not be involved if you ask me.

• Praise 1

Bro, agree with you

Eventhough I have had bad experiences

still think

Not All used car dealers purposely go out to trick or mislead

Depends on luck and due diligence

But what buyers look for in used car dealers is some degree of honesty

and sincerity to help look into any issues that arise

even if buyers land up paying some of the repair cost

Sincerity cuts both ways  [:)]

• Praise 10

ACRA search to see paid up capital and years in business.

Track record and reputation in the industry.

Well, I am curious how does it help.

Hi, anyone who has been lied to, cheated by or face any problems with SG vehicles due to their unethical acts, please feel free to send me a message through this forum or can email me at unethicalPI at gmail.com (without any spacing).

I also have suffered under the unethical acts of SG vehicle and have already met and talked to my MP, and my MP is willing to help us. I already have contacts of 2 other victims and would like to help others. No matter if you have already gotten your car as a result of topping up more money, what matters is the process and their unethical acts.

We have to raise awareness and close down such unethical companies that are out to cheat consumers, who are obviously on the losing end most of the time.

Please feel free to contact me and each of your testimony is very precious and would help us a lot! Thank you!

Edited by UnethicalPI
  • Praise 1

Cheers.

Cheers

Quotz received deposit on my behalf???????????? then how come i was not informed

I agree with your view.

But not many buyers so steady like you. I'm talking about direct buyers, not dealers. Dont want to do their homework, worse still want to expect so much and lowball ridiculous price. Total waste of time.

If so fussy and scared of this and that, please go buy brand new from AD. 2nd hand cars are USED, thats why they are cheaper. Duh. Want cheap want good, go take taxi better.

Speaking from experience, after trying to let go my ride as a direct seller.

When i buy from dealer, i knock off as much as possible from the asking price(including any fees/penalties). Dont need to repair anything or provide workshop warranty. As long as my workshop inspection is good, its a deal. All those minor blemishes or issues i will settle myself, at least i'm assured of the quality of work done.

the same can be said of direct sellers lar.. think their car make of gold and priced same or more expensive than dealer........ then keep saying got simi simi higher offer.........

that's why dealers exists........

Hi, anyone who has been lied to, cheated by or face any problems with SG vehicles due to their unethical acts, please feel free to send me a message through this forum or can email me at unethicalPI at gmail.com (without any spacing).

I also have suffered under the unethical acts of SG vehicle and have already met and talked to my MP, and my MP is willing to help us. I already have contacts of 2 other victims and would like to help others. No matter if you have already gotten your car as a result of topping up more money, what matters is the process and their unethical acts.

We have to raise awareness and close down such unethical companies that are out to cheat consumers, who are obviously on the losing end most of the time.

Please feel free to contact me and each of your testimony is very precious and would help us a lot! Thank you!

Went CASE... for my case (July 2015), no use. They continued to do their bixxxz and found more people like you. Still finding based on

their showcase pack full full every time I went past.

https://www.case.org.sg/consumeralert_company_detail.aspx?caid=13

SG VEHICLES ASIA PTE LTD = SG VEHICLES CONTINENTAL PTE LTD = SG VEHICLES GLOBAL PTE LTD = SG VEHICLES PTE LTD = SG VEHICLES TRADING ???

Search

Edited by payingCUSTOMER64
↡ Advertisement