Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Twincharged

Signing a form to discharge might not be valid in the eye of the law as Lemon Law is a Law. No one can just discharge it. Law enforcement is another issue though

yup ... you cannot squeeze blood from stone ... so if the company go bust and declare no money to pay, then you suck thumb lor.

so this loophole is just a bigger version of the "handphone shop close and open under a new name" scheme.

now auth clamping down on those handphone shops who close and reopen under another name ... wonder if they are purposely turning a blind eye to the cars version ??

last time the fella who conned me closed shop and reopened another one later ...

↡ Advertisement

I really dun understand. Would one paid up one whole lump sum even before getting their cars? Isn't it supposed to be a down payment and the balance to be paid on the day when you collect the car?

Was referring to the guy who paid 136k for Harrier before collection

• Praise 1

I really dun understand. Would one paid up one whole lump sum even before getting their cars? Isn't it supposed to be a down payment and the balance to be paid on the day when you collect the car?

Was referring to the guy who paid 136k for Harrier before collection

There are naive people around. Wealth doesn't make one smarter.

You never write check of $136K before meh. SONG what. Write down one hundred thirty six thousand only/- then sign your big name.

• Praise 3

Frankly speaking my friend, why don't you try going to CASE and use the Lemon Law against them, since it involved grabox (i.e.: Gear Actuators). Unless you sign a form discharging Trust Motoring from any liabilities after purchase once driven out of the showroom

CASE in Singapore is a lemon themselves. I have been through the ordeal recently, the officer in charge of my case coincidentally is an army mate of mine. When I reported my case to CASE, he suggested that I go to small claim instead. But before i go to small claim, make sure I settle my own repair cost, get all evidence then I have a case in claiming the dealer. I actually asked him if CASE can do anything to help? He told me that basically is to get the dealer to mediate. I asked if the dealer doesn't want to mediate or even honour the repair even if it is their fault, CASE can't do anything right. Answer is yes, they can't do anything.

The next best thing is to pay for the repair from your own pocket but its actually a risk because you might not win. I went to small claim eventually and I can't believe that I actually lose the case. I was cheated by the dealer and yet they managed to get away.

• Praise 2

CASE in Singapore is a lemon themselves. I have been through the ordeal recently, the officer in charge of my case coincidentally is an army mate of mine. When I reported my case to CASE, he suggested that I go to small claim instead. But before i go to small claim, make sure I settle my own repair cost, get all evidence then I have a case in claiming the dealer. I actually asked him if CASE can do anything to help? He told me that basically is to get the dealer to mediate. I asked if the dealer doesn't want to mediate or even honour the repair even if it is their fault, CASE can't do anything right. Answer is yes, they can't do anything.

The next best thing is to pay for the repair from your own pocket but its actually a risk because you might not win. I went to small claim eventually and I can't believe that I actually lose the case. I was cheated by the dealer and yet they managed to get away.

Hiaz well, sometimes there's nothing much we can do. The government says CASE can protect us but I believe they are still a paper tiger after all. Not to mention Small Claims Tribunal, they try to 'mediate' things rather than to solve the consumer/dealer issues.

I look forward to the day whereby Singaporeans will wake up and understand what situation we are in...

• Praise 1

Frankly speaking my friend, why don't you try going to CASE and use the Lemon Law against them, since it involved grabox (i.e.: Gear Actuators). Unless you sign a form discharging Trust Motoring from any liabilities after purchase once driven out of the showroom

did that already and just got a response from CASE.

They say the cost that was incurred was too much for them to bear and they want to negotiate...

super nonsense sia cost incurred too much for them to bear....

did that already and just got a response from CASE.

They say the cost that was incurred was too much for them to bear and they want to negotiate...

super nonsense sia cost incurred too much for them to bear....

I have a colleague bought a C4 Piccaso, I think his problem is about same as yours and sold it 2 months ago. I have a friend who bought a C4 Picasso also because it is cheap. I think is gearbox problem. Anyway, CASE don't have the power to do anything. They will ask you to go small claim if both parties cannot come to a conclusion.

I have a colleague bought a C4 Piccaso, I think his problem is about same as yours and sold it 2 months ago. I have a friend who bought a C4 Picasso also because it is cheap. I think is gearbox problem. Anyway, CASE don't have the power to do anything. They will ask you to go small claim if both parties cannot come to a conclusion.

I basically fixed majority of the stuff...am selling it also and getting a 1st hand jap car instead from AD.

I basically fixed majority of the stuff...am selling it also and getting a 1st hand jap car instead from AD.

I am selling my car also. Not easy as if you don't want to make too much lost. I wanted Jap car now but new i can't afford. Maybe used after selling mine.

that's the problem. Not everyone read the forum and they will only find resources when they encounter problems with the new purchase. Like SG vehicle, if i am a new car buyer and see the newspaper advert by them , I will be very tempted -  "Low prices with so many years of experience and very high % of repeat customer..etc"...

When will this kind of things stop ?!

It's painful when making a super good living ends up selling your soul...

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sg-vehicles-continental-pte-ltd-unfair-practices-misleading-claims-by-sg-vehicles-c821867.html

Consumers have to know, simple calculation will show that the amount you signed on will lead to no delivery, why? Bcos the PI will lose at least 8k to 10K to deliver the vehicle. Buyers just like to see low low cheap price and sign and pay booking fee without calculating the costing and whether at such price if the PI can deliver.

Ppl who confirmed and signed the deal as of now if it is still at 98k to 100k, high chance no car delivery, easily to get a car now is 110k should be safe, forget about 6 bid 4 bid whatever nonsense bid, buyers wanna part with their money and let the PI play a fool and then cry over the fact that they wasnt informed of this and that.

Buyers! In order to prevent such things, either you pay a bit more to buy IMMEDIATE! or 1 bid GTEED! dont waste time with 6 bids and all, at least not for PI.

My 2 cents, even I am dealer, PI have black sheeps and many of them, but of cos, there are those who are genuinely earning a living, so Buyers, pls choose wisely, never choose base on pricing.

So you are saying if a particular PI is a cheat, consumers have only themselves to blame for being a sucker?

A cheat is a cheat. Be it one bid or six bids, a cheat will still cheat the ignorant consumers.

• Praise 3