Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

I really dun understand. Would one paid up one whole lump sum even before getting their cars? Isn't it supposed to be a down payment and the balance to be paid on the day when you collect the car?

Was referring to the guy who paid 136k for Harrier before collection

Is common. A week or few days before collection. I paid my full 3 days before collection.
↡ Advertisement

When we purchased an used car, there is always this grey area here.

Is it pre-associated problem of the car or it is due to later wear and tear?

To clear the doubts I would request to send in the car to cert issued workshop such as VICOM to inspect the car. All in black and white. 

Not even getting my own regular mechanics to inspect. On few occassions problems surface and mentioned. I will asked the dealer if he is going to fix. If he said no this is wear and tear then either he lowered the selling price or I drop the deal.

Once the used ride being hand over to you, there is actually no official warranty given like  when you buy a new car. Unless you wanted to really going for legal pursue. But then, it does not make any money sense. Complaints to CASE or file to small court for claims has very little impact or assistance to help consumers like us...

Not sure if the rest agreed with me?

To clear the doubts I would request to send in the car to cert issued workshop such as VICOM to inspect the car. All in black and white. 

Not even getting my own regular mechanics to inspect. On few occassions problems surface and mentioned. I will asked the dealer if he is going to fix. If he said no this is wear and tear then either he lowered the selling price or I drop the deal.

Once the used ride being hand over to you, there is actually no official warranty given like  when you buy a new car. Unless you wanted to really going for legal pursue. But then, it does not make any money sense. Complaints to CASE or file to small court for claims has very little impact or assistance to help consumers like us...

Most people have the wrong perception of buying a used car. They want to own a car that is performing like brand new and trouble free. Never give a thought that no mechanical device can be reliable or last forever. It doesn’t mean the car is problematic, it’s just the end of its service life. Though the manufacturer know the approximate lifespan of the parts but they cannot guarantee you as it depends on road condition and driving habits, etc.

I had been a used car customer for years, buying and then selling it off. To be fair, when you transact a deal, it's based on as it is condition being accident free. I won't blame the seller when parts need to replace, vice versa. 

This is the cost of owning a car. Like new car, you have to pay for the escalating servicing charges after your free package expired to have the warranty intact be it 3, 5 or 10 years. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hijack this thread as i am not able to open new post. I just hope to create awareness for everyone. Beware of Car Guru at Turf City. They do not keep to their promise of rectfiying the defects agreed upon when i purchase the car from them. I am not complaining as i made a stupid mistake of not penning it down on the agreement but to create awareness that Car Guru got no integrity. Customer service is also extremely poor.

1) Car Guru agree to let me bring the car to my workshop to check for defects and will rectify any defects as long as not major.

2) My workshop checked and found;

A. bonnet hydraulic arm spoilt and cannot hold its position

B. flywheel oil leak

C. drive shaft oil leak

D. front and back absorber totally gone

E. speedometer 1 light not working

F. front brake rotor badly worn out

G. engine cover broken

3) Car Guru agreed to do everything except item F and i accept.

4) During the 1 week to do up the loan and insurance, Car Guru sent the car to their workshop to do up the defects.

5) 1 week later when i collect the car, the mileage increased by 1000km more. I questioned them, but nobody can give me an answer. When i send to my workshop to check, none of the defects were done except for the speedometer light.

6) I went back to Car Guru and they say that their workshop could have missed out and arrange the following Friday to put my car at their workshop over the weekend to do up the defects.

7) I collected the car the following Monday and again i send to my workshop to check. Again, nothing was done except the bonnet hydraulic arm

8) I approach Car Guru again but no replies from them on how to settle my car. They just keep saying my trade in car also give them alot of problem but is this my problem?

9) In the end, i spent $8900 to do up the car which half of it is suppose to be done by Car Guru.

10) Almost 1 month i got the car i sense something is amiss with my old car insurance as i have not receive any cancellation notification or rebate cheque from the insurance company. So i called the insurance company up to check then i realise that Car Guru did not cancel my old car insurance despite i had signed the form.

From the above, i hope everyone can learn a lesson from this foolish and stupid me.

1) First and foremost, please help to spread the word around about my experience with Car Guru and avoid Car Guru. At Turf City, Lot A7, A8 and A9. I think there is another company which is link to Car Guru call Teck Wei or something like that. But i shall not comment on Teck Wei as i did not deal with them.

1) No matter how the dealer / sales person promise you, always pen it down.

Thank you everyone for your time in reading.

Edited by Ric53sg
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Just seek your advice for this.

I purchased a vehicle from a dealer, he told me that it was consigned to him by the owner.

I traded in my car and swapped vehicles 10 days ago.

The ownership is still not under my name despite repeated reminders.

I called the financial institution and they told me they are yet to receive my full documents and my loan is not activated yet. 

However, my previous car has already been transferred away and is no longer under my name. My previous loan settlement has been cleared. 

The dealer kept saying that they needed time to resolve both settlements.

Should i go to the police or continue waiting?

Their site do have 15-20 cars on sale.. dont look like they'll run road. 

Edited by K3vlar
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

I purchased a vehicle from a dealer, he told me that it was consigned to him by the owner.

I called the financial institution and they told me they are yet to receive my full documents and my loan is not activated yet.

However, my previous car has already been transferred away and is no longer under my name. My previous loan settlement has been cleared.

Better poh mata liao. Sounds like a con

Hi all,

Couple of things to take note.

1. This car still has financial obligation, maybe its under in house finance and some in house finance takes up to 5 working days to release vehicle for transfer (eg. BMW Financials) or maybe consignee got no ability to full settle and probably bad reputation that's why even credit agent doesn't want to settle for them. Normally for a direct case, credit agent will settle on behalf if they hold the PIN of the owner.

2. Your loan didnt kick in was because the car wasnt transferred to your name and bank cannot disburse the amount out, simply because the previous hire purchase didnt settle or awaiting release of Form B.

Dealers who pops up and does solely consignment sales is always a concern because they probably have no access to credit facility (due to bad records or whatsoever reasons) and no ability to buy in vehicle, in such cases, to ask them to settle the full settlement amount is tough and will be tough.

Advise to TS: You just need to keep bugging and chasing. Police can't do anything also.

old insurance can be done up by yourself as long you have all document scanned to support and submit for a refund.

Need not rely on them. Anyway a lesson to learn to be alert in B/W. Hope your ride will be safe and sound.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Dude they sold off your car already leh.

Basically if a deal goes south, the seller gets back his car from you.

Then you get nothing.

I think its best you go to either LTA or to make a police report.

Even if the dealer has 100 cars but its consignment they can run any road they wan. while you only have 1 road called lose $$ road.

Loan settlement and transfer of ownership is a very straight forward thingy at most only 2 workings days. 1 day for loan settlement and a few hours for transfer of ownership. 

• Praise 1

Hi all

Need your advice. I have sent my car which is due for 10 yr scrap on 30 Oct 16 to Dosh Motoring. i made arrangement with it sale staff Ivan and arrange for handover car on 27 Oct 16. i was told that i will recieved my parf monies $13xxx once it scraped. My car have been scraped. i have been calling n trying to get my monies back but it staff Dave keep pushing back saying cheque not sign by their boss Danson Ang. where can i seek redress? can i go made a complaint to LTA?

Hi all,

LTA allows up to 7 days from the handover date for the ownership to be transferred to the new owner.

Thus, it is an offence if the Seller fails to comply this ruling and Buyer can flag this to LTA.

What you can do is to inform the Dealer via SMS or whatsapp that LTA will be inform if they fail to effect the ownership transfer by a certain dateline given by you.

Hope this helps. 

Sorry to hijack this thread as i am not able to open new post. I just hope to create awareness for everyone. Beware of Car Guru at Turf City. They do not keep to their promise of rectfiying the defects agreed upon when i purchase the car from them. I am not complaining as i made a stupid mistake of not penning it down on the agreement but to create awareness that Car Guru got no integrity. Customer service is also extremely poor.

1) Car Guru agree to let me bring the car to my workshop to check for defects and will rectify any defects as long as not major.

2) My workshop checked and found;

A. bonnet hydraulic arm spoilt and cannot hold its position

B. flywheel oil leak

C. drive shaft oil leak

D. front and back absorber totally gone

E. speedometer 1 light not working

F. front brake rotor badly worn out

G. engine cover broken

3) Car Guru agreed to do everything except item F and i accept.

4) During the 1 week to do up the loan and insurance, Car Guru sent the car to their workshop to do up the defects.

5) 1 week later when i collect the car, the mileage increased by 1000km more. I questioned them, but nobody can give me an answer. When i send to my workshop to check, none of the defects were done except for the speedometer light.

6) I went back to Car Guru and they say that their workshop could have missed out and arrange the following Friday to put my car at their workshop over the weekend to do up the defects.

7) I collected the car the following Monday and again i send to my workshop to check. Again, nothing was done except the bonnet hydraulic arm

8) I approach Car Guru again but no replies from them on how to settle my car. They just keep saying my trade in car also give them alot of problem but is this my problem?

9) In the end, i spent $8900 to do up the car which half of it is suppose to be done by Car Guru.

10) Almost 1 month i got the car i sense something is amiss with my old car insurance as i have not receive any cancellation notification or rebate cheque from the insurance company. So i called the insurance company up to check then i realise that Car Guru did not cancel my old car insurance despite i had signed the form.

From the above, i hope everyone can learn a lesson from this foolish and stupid me.

1) First and foremost, please help to spread the word around about my experience with Car Guru and avoid Car Guru. At Turf City, Lot A7, A8 and A9. I think there is another company which is link to Car Guru call Teck Wei or something like that. But i shall not comment on Teck Wei as i did not deal with them.

1) No matter how the dealer / sales person promise you, always pen it down.

Thank you everyone for your time in reading.

The car got so many problems, why you still buy? You walked into the minefield knowing it's a minefield IMHO, and now the mine has blown your legs off you come and complain a bit too late. Next time walk away from such a car. You learnt your lesson the hard way I guess.

Hi all,

You have a car, no loan... good lah. Just keep driving lor. You stay HDB or Condo? Just make sure your car don't kena tow away haha.

Hi all

Need your advice. I have sent my car which is due for 10 yr scrap on 30 Oct 16 to Dosh Motoring. i made arrangement with it sale staff Ivan and arrange for handover car on 27 Oct 16. i was told that i will recieved my parf monies $13xxx once it scraped. My car have been scraped. i have been calling n trying to get my monies back but it staff Dave keep pushing back saying cheque not sign by their boss Danson Ang. where can i seek redress? can i go made a complaint to LTA?

When you sent your car for scrap, was it (a) transferred away from you, or (b) simply just scrapped?

If it is (b), LTA will give you the money, not the dealer. It takes around 1 month.

If it is (a), you better chase them for the money. Maybe they are waiting for LTA to pay them as well.

If you do not get your payment for (a) after 1 month, make a police report.

Those VICOM inspections are static, i.e. they jack your car up, see here see there, the go and do a laser alignment check for bent chassis. It does not comprise an on-the-road test, and also the dealer is likely to go to their regular workshop to spray degreaser on any leaks to clean it up first. It is really hard to tell, and I tend to trust my own workshop more.

The car got so many problems, why you still buy? You walked into the minefield knowing it's a minefield IMHO, and now the mine has blown your legs off you come and complain a bit too late. Next time walk away from such a car. You learnt your lesson the hard way I guess.

Dont say this, he consciously sent the car to workshop for a check. The dealer "agreed" to rectify the problems but they didnt stick to their promise. Moreover he is here to share a piece ofimportant info to the MCFers here. It is not fair to say he knowingly walking into mindfield. The bloody dealer not only did not repair his car, they had probably rent it out instead during that 1 week. Edited by Ct3833

Hi all

Give Dave a deadline to clear this issue by. If not it will drag beyond days and weeks. Better to Go down to settle this in person. 

Neutral Newbie

Dont say this, he consciously sent the car to workshop for a check. The dealer "agreed" to rectify the problems but they didnt stick to their promise. Moreover he is here to share a piece ofimportant info to the MCFers here. It is not fair to say he knowingly walking into mindfield. The bloody dealer not only did not repair his car, they had probably rent it out instead during that 1 week

Hi Ct3833, thanks for putting in good words for me. It is exactly as what you had mentioned. I took up this car as Car Guru promised me that all defects identified will be rectified. If they did not promised me anything in the first place, I will definitely walked away from this car even though the external and internal condition of the car is good with smooth engine and gearbox as I know that the cost to make good the defects will be tremendous. I really learnt my lesson the hard and painful way of not penning down what was agreed upon. However, it also shows the integrity and ethics of Car Guru.

Dude they sold off your car already leh.

Basically if a deal goes south, the seller gets back his car from you.

Then you get nothing.

I think its best you go to either LTA or to make a police report.

Even if the dealer has 100 cars but its consignment they can run any road they wan. while you only have 1 road called lose $$ road.

Loan settlement and transfer of ownership is a very straight forward thingy at most only 2 workings days. 1 day for loan settlement and a few hours for transfer of ownership. 

Which finance institution? Not all practice one day, DBS/OCBC 2 days after clearance, UOB/MayBank the next business day. If in-house finance will take up to 5 Business Days.

When you sent your car for scrap, was it (a) transferred away from you, or (b) simply just scrapped?

If it is (b), LTA will give you the money, not the dealer. It takes around 1 month.

If it is (a), you better chase them for the money. Maybe they are waiting for LTA to pay them as well.

A or B scenario doesnt matter, only when u send to scrapyards for scraping you wait for LTA to pay you for deregistered PARF/COE rebates.

I will be happy scrapping and not paying out PARF first and then wait for LTA to pay me back.

Dealers are different from scrapyards, whether we scrap dont scrap we pay out immediate first for residual paper. UNLESS you meet exporters who pay you body value and wait for vessel to load the car and help you submit the export paper documents, only after they submit owners can encash PARF rebates.

Dosh Mortoring made me signed transfer of vehicle to them n also pass over LTA PIN on 27/10/16(car due on 31/10) i have recieved transfer acknowlegement from LTA dated 27/9. Should they pay me immediately as they took over possessionof my car? thanks

↡ Advertisement