Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

2 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

Want to share my experience when i try to unlock the coe rebate for my Impreza.

Used the motorist app feature to touch base with the agent to sell the car. Was quoted 16k

1) First tell me view of my car at any time and location then subsequently prata and tell me go kaki bukit which i did.

2) Tested my car and went for a ride. All okie. The dealer (CAR QUOTES) happy with the car. BUT they wanted to do consignment type of buy and sell. I.e. pair me up with a potential buyer to buy my car at 16K. This means they want it to be a "c" to "c" model and not "c" to "b" model. This is silly to me as the motorist app did not tell me its a consignment based type of selling. The Dealer also can buy back directly but they choose not to do so.

3) End up dont think is viable as i live in the west and if say got 10 potential buyers I ahve to drive down, let them nitpick and nego below 16K which when I wanted to sell, the people actually gave me the illusion that the NETT price is 16K.

TOTAL WASTE of TIME and FUEL and BREATH to talk to those ppl who are not upfront sia.
SO HARD to TELL its CONSIGNMENT BASED TYPE of sales meh?

Lesson Learnt!

Follow up.

See, first say until dragon and tiger make ppl waste trip go see le then say oh no have le. Come on la. Sabo ppl by misleading man. Potential sellers beware. TQ

Capture.PNG

↡ Advertisement

On 12/18/2019 at 11:37 PM, Ct3833 said:

1. Since you are owning a car now, you should be able to roughly tell the condition of the civic with a test drive. Are you comfortable with the condition ? 

2. Are you willing to accept alternative like getting your own regular workshop to do an assessment . I dont think AAS would assess gearbox anyway.

3. Since AAS is unable to give you an early slot, would that be a valid reason for you to back out from the deal without affecting your deposit?

4. Last question is how much is the deposit ? Are you willing to forgo it or is it ore worth to take some risk after your workshop's assessment ?

Dont trust the mileage unless you sight the last 2 servos records .  It could genuine but no one could tell until you see at least 2 service records.

1)  The car condition seems better than my own expiring COE car. Yes i am comfortable with the car condition.

2) Yes i have arranged for inspection at another workshop which nothing major was detected. No water/oil leaks etc.

3) Not backing out as nothing major detected after inspection

4) Deposit is 2k.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, Mkl22 said:

is the mileage the magic 120k km? then likely tampered la. i would say 80% of the 10year old car for renewal are with fake mileages. 

Check it out yourself, any weird noises etc? any oil leaks.

Mileage is 81k lol.

Based on test drive no weird noises and leaks detected.

Inspection by workshop also didnt detect any oil leaks as well.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:31 AM, ZW44 said:

Do an STA/Vicom inspection. If no slots also, then get your workshop to check. Also call up Honda for the servicing records. These kind of old cars often more than 100k kms and mileage may be tampered. 

I arranged for inspection at another workshop already.

Nothing major turned up. Dealer already applied for bank loan and tomorrow afternoon i will go and make the down payment.

• Praise 1

On 12/19/2019 at 9:56 AM, Mancypher said:

Best for you to just go your own regular ws for inspection. Civic below 100k mileage very "strange". Check the timing chain wear and tear.

This are the pics the workshop sent to me since i wasnt able to go down personally.. No red flags thankfully.

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-35[1].jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-35[2].jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-36.jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-36[1].jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-36[2].jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-37.jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-37[1].jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-37[2].jpg

PHOTO-2019-12-20-13-02-37[3].jpg

front picture.jpg

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

1)  The car condition seems better than my own expiring COE car. Yes i am comfortable with the car condition.

2) Yes i have arranged for inspection at another workshop which nothing major was detected. No water/oil leaks etc.

3) Not backing out as nothing major detected after inspection

4) Deposit is 2k.

nice to know that, especially since  1 and 2 are good as  another workshop assess that there is no major problem,  there is no need to forgo the 2k deposit.  Good luck. 

20 hours ago, ZW44 said:

wow...good job, must be very well maintained!! my 2010 Camry gave up at around 180k, gearbox failure and exhaust kept leaking. but it was my fault haha, poor maintenance.

I think depends on luck and driving habbit, my Ody auto trans went bad at around 220k km. My friend's w211 auto trans went off after clocking more than 300k KM.  I notice  exhaust pipes these days are very lasting, I hardly see people replacing exhaust because of corrosion these days. I guess  because mostly are made of stainless steel.

Edited by Ct3833

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I think depends on luck and driving habbit, my Ody auto trans went bad at around 220k km. My friend's w211 auto trans went off after clocking more than 300k KM.  I notice  exhaust pipes these days are very lasting, I hardly see people replacing exhaust because of corrosion these days. I guess  because mostly are made of stainless steel.

Lead free petrol. 

• Praise 1

On 12/20/2019 at 1:44 AM, ZW44 said:

wow...good job, must be very well maintained!! my 2010 Camry gave up at around 180k, gearbox failure and exhaust kept leaking. but it was my fault haha, poor maintenance.

Sometimes it’s nothing to do with being well maintained or not. Some cars just need constant fixing. Certain things shouldn’t break that easily. It all about design and choice of materials used. 

Neutral Newbie

I am planning to get my first car.

thinking of getting a coe fit.

any recommended 2nd hand dealer?

and which should I avoid?

15 hours ago, xeneryx said:

i got my first used car from BW Automobiles. car in excellent condition, but they make me pay extra top up for full payment. good service and cars, would recommend, but not sure if they sell coe cars. 

maybe u can try pre-owned certified companies like Inchcape? 

also, go car shopping with someone familiar with buying cars in order to not get cheated...

On 1/2/2020 at 8:26 AM, xeneryx said:

Hi There, 

In general, you could start by trawling SGCarMart or Carousell to see if there's any car listings that match what you're looking for. Thereafter, you'd probably want to view a few to get a feel of the overall condition of the car and make your choice from there. You could also do some prior research on the model you're eyeing and learn more about common issues and pay attention to those.

Dealer-wise, its hard to say which is more 'recommended'; while there are scheming and unscrupulous dealers; there are also those who are just simply there to do their jobs - try to push the sale / close the deal / complete the transaction. I think if you search this thread, it will give you an idea of which dealers have higher reported incidents of issues versus those which are fuss-free. 

It's best to manage your expectation and prepare by knowing what to expect or check before committing - (e.g. Service records, deposits, loan interest rates (Bank/In-House), admin fees/ insurance requirements, possibility of independent pre-purchase assessment (e.g. AA, STA or VICOM check) promised guarantees or repairs, handover/transfer dates etc.) and have everything clearly stated clearly in the Sales Agreement.

Good luck!

• Praise 1

Hi guys, we are getting a 2nd hand car for wife to transport kids and run some errands.we have already shortlisted some cars (fit mainly) and have done some viewings.

Is there a list of blacklisted dealers I can reference? Met up with quite a number of dealers and all of them seem quite "honest"

Some cars also have unbelievably low mileage.. hm..