Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Hello, any reviews on United Auto Trading in Turf Club?

Looking to get a COE car from them. Price wise seems ok, went to see the car before CB and condition was 'very good' from a colleague that drives a same model. 

New paint job, brakes everything seems like new, engine bay almost completely clean. Was thinking if it's too good of a deal. Offered to pay in full, getting my own insurance and sending vehicle to STA / friend's workshop, dealer said OK and gave an all-in price with $500 admin fee..

↡ Advertisement

On 4/12/2020 at 1:33 AM, Vinceng said:

I will try not to recommend the Perodua Bezza, although it's going at an all time low $53,999 brand new, COE inclusive, in the online sale now. 😁   Not everyone's cup of tea. 😀

http://perodua.com.sg/onlinedeals/

Last time I see perodua, in the T&C, need 15k deposit before bid for coe. 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, syjk938 said:

Hello, any reviews on United Auto Trading in Turf Club?

Looking to get a COE car from them. Price wise seems ok, went to see the car before CB and condition was 'very good' from a colleague that drives a same model. 

New paint job, brakes everything seems like new, engine bay almost completely clean. Was thinking if it's too good of a deal. Offered to pay in full, getting my own insurance and sending vehicle to STA / friend's workshop, dealer said OK and gave an all-in price with $500 admin fee..

Clean engine bay is not a good sign - quick way to clean it is just spray some degreaser, and pressure jet it!

Neutral Newbie
2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Clean engine bay is not a good sign - quick way to clean it is just spray some degreaser, and pressure jet it!

I actually went to see other vehicles from this dealer; the engine bay all clean as well. Dealer claims no accident before but that’s what all dealers say (lol) and vehicle had 4 owners. 

Do you think the vehicle is a safe purchase if STA grading is ok? Haven’t test drive yet but components all pretty good condition, engine mounting also done.

STA grading to me is no guarantee. Best if you have a trusted mechanic who is willing to check the car for you.

Or if the price is just a couple of k's above the scrap (ie remaining COE rebate), then what the heck just buy. 

22 minutes ago, Jeffreyng86 said:

Hi bros, first time buying car.. 

Would like to check with expert. 

Is kia forte 2010 sx 30k renew coe consider exp? 

depends. low mileage? car in very good condition? number of owners? any warranty? i think 30k is on the high side for this type of car. anyway now u buy car just negotiate a lot. economy is so bad, they probably have many cars to clear, so they wouldn't mind selling cheaper. 

15 hours ago, Jeffreyng86 said:

Hi bros, 

Visual check OK. But haven't test drive.. 

Saw other dealer oso same price. 

But no engine and gearbox warranty. 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=902700

Provide 2 years warranty but do not cover Engine and Gearbox. What the heck?

You might as well buy without warranty and knock the price down. You're still covered with 6 months lemon law. 

Oh and by the way, based on the google reviews from the link you've provided, i'd consider buying from another company.

You do know what's salesman talk?

I once told of this  by CASE when I made a complain against a car dealer who sold me a lemon nong nong time ago.

Paying $50 to CASE and  to be insulted was simply icing on the cake for me, on top of the lemon  juice I needed to drink when I sent the car straight to the scrap yard.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

56 minutes ago, Jeffreyng86 said:

Thanks for your advice bro.

verbal they said cover engine n gearbox..

kia forte seems like a hot car nowadays.

price is getting more exp.

Don't trust anything that is verbal.

Another advice, now is not the time to buy a used car in view that COE might crash. You might want to consider getting a new car instead.

• Praise 1

On 5/10/2020 at 11:15 PM, Mancypher said:

Last time I see perodua, in the T&C, need 15k deposit before bid for coe. 

When you buy any car, you need a COE.

LTA requires a 10k deposit before COE bidding.

Hence most AD need to collect 10+k from you, or they will broke if they bid COE for you and you run away.

In a way, that 10k is a deposit to bind you to the contract.

15k isnt that high, imho.

...waiting for a 40k Bezza still. (Potential 2nd car as OPC)

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

You do know what's salesman talk?

I once told of this  by CASE when I made a complain against a car dealer who sold me a lemon nong nong time ago.

Paying $50 to CASE and  to be insulted was simply icing on the cake for me, on top of the lemon  juice I needed to drink when I sent the car straight to the scrap yard.

wah you actually donated $50?

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, Jeffreyng86 said:

Bro wats the use when the dealer is Sg case trust member?

more trustable dealer?

Trust a car dealer like you trust a politician. Everything must be in Black and White.

Wait a minute - this is a bit unfair to the dealers! 

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Trust a car dealer like you trust a politician. Everything must be in Black and White.

Wait a minute - this is a bit unfair to the dealers! 

70 percent of our people don't believe in Black and White. 

For them, only White and White. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1