Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Blackaccent said:

Either that or the dealers mark up the selling price to secure a higher loan for the potential buyer.

I have experienced the same with at least three dealers, after I expressed a little interest, not even to on the deal,  the next moment i got call from them to say that price was quoted wrongly, and next moment the price in sgcarmart got adjusted upward by 2k to 3k. Even my existing car from an AD used car division had also had the same experience  but I manage to hold the prior agreed price. In all fairness to this last dealer, their price was quite low among the dealers despite the car condition was one of the best I have viewed, but whetherit was a genuine mistake or not, I give them the benefit of doubt, after all I got my car at the agreed price.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

This is perhaps the worst time ever to be used car dealers. Most of their inventories would have been purchased before CB.  Now as we enter into a deep recession, they would be foolish to advertise their cars at pre-COVID19 levels but some still do in hope to catch that odd buyer.  It is a matter of time that dealers will adjust downwards their pricing (as they are holding on to depreciating assets - not gold!) otherwise their business may not survive to see post-COVID19. Thus, if you are a buyer shopping for a used car, seek at least 15-20% reduction (don’t settle for less) in price because your choice is aplenty.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Pixel18 said:

This is perhaps the worst time ever to be used car dealers. Most of their inventories would have been purchased before CB.  Now as we enter into a deep recession, they would be foolish to advertise their cars at pre-COVID19 levels but some still do in hope to catch that odd buyer.  It is a matter of time that dealers will adjust downwards their pricing (as they are holding on to depreciating assets - not gold!) otherwise their business may not survive to see post-COVID19. Thus, if you are a buyer shopping for a used car, seek at least 15-20% reduction (don’t settle for less) in price because your choice is aplenty.

But be careful and open ones eyes big too, dont get into a transaction that one will not get his car after making payment.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I have experienced it myself, once there is interest party, they will jack up the price. 

i think they lower the price as a gimmick to attract buyers to go there.

Some dealers they may have clinch a deal in order to wait for the finance and payment works, they price the car at a high price so that no other buyers will enquire or want to approach the dealer to buy. this is fine. 

but having it as a gimmick is something not right.

• Praise 2

sometimes i wonder, can we have a petition to LTA to imposed heavy penalty on mileage tweak so that the automobile industry can come clean on the conditions of the cars they sell.

Hypersonic
34 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

sometimes i wonder, can we have a petition to LTA to imposed heavy penalty on mileage tweak so that the automobile industry can come clean on the conditions of the cars they sell.

If LTA want to do it, they would have done it long ago.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
15 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

i think they lower the price as a gimmick to attract buyers to go there.

Some dealers they may have clinch a deal in order to wait for the finance and payment works, they price the car at a high price so that no other buyers will enquire or want to approach the dealer to buy. this is fine. 

but having it as a gimmick is something not right.

Another pathetic trick is they will claim the low advertised price is the 70% loan amount or somebody in the office type in wrongly

If kena this kind of dealer, better juz walk away and save the headache

7 hours ago, Soya said:

Another pathetic trick is they will claim the low advertised price is the 70% loan amount or somebody in the office type in wrongly

If kena this kind of dealer, better juz walk away and save the headache

ya. i rather go to those reputable ones. pay abit more for peace of mind

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

If LTA want to do it, they would have done it long ago.

problem is.. this govt agencies. if nothing happen they will not take action. if we can have a petition than is different.

Neutral Newbie

I saw most of the COE car dep rate around 6 to 7k. That is not consider normal? The dep rate can be adjusted by dealer? 

2 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

I saw most of the COE car dep rate around 6 to 7k. That is not consider normal? The dep rate can be adjusted by dealer? 

yes. if they priced it higher the depre goes up.

• Haha! 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jeffreyng86 said:

Thanks for your advice bro.

verbal they said cover engine n gearbox..

kia forte seems like a hot car nowadays.

price is getting more exp.

Between a 2010 renewed 5 years COE car Kia Forte and Hyundai Avante which more reliable and less problematic? My ever reliable Mitsubishi Lancer CS coming the end or 5 years renewed COE. 

Neutral Newbie

Kia forte seems like more reliable.. But if want more reliable is Toyota vios then Honda City. 

I just forgo kia forte since 2009/2010 4 speed version will have ecu motherboard problem if unlucky but 10 years sure wil unlucky if haven't change before.. In the end I grab vios since need a reliable and low maintenance car for work purpose.. 

On 6/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, Cybertech said:

Between a 2010 renewed 5 years COE car Kia Forte and Hyundai Avante which more reliable and less problematic? My ever reliable Mitsubishi Lancer CS coming the end or 5 years renewed COE. 

aren't they basically the same car just different designs? same gearbox, chassis, engine etc? imo for the price (30k i assume), i would rather get a COE golf or jetta. many more features like cruise, traction control, etc. and most importantly its safer i think 7 airbags. but now i suggest to wait a few months, COE most likely will drop quite a bit and u can get a new car for around 5-6k depre(?)...

11 hours ago, ZW44 said:

aren't they basically the same car just different designs? same gearbox, chassis, engine etc? imo for the price (30k i assume), i would rather get a COE golf or jetta. many more features like cruise, traction control, etc. and most importantly its safer i think 7 airbags. but now i suggest to wait a few months, COE most likely will drop quite a bit and u can get a new car for around 5-6k depre(?)...

Read that older VW car tends to have quite a number of problems so never really consider no doubt VW got many features. Ya will wait a month or so to see how the COE result, if really much lower pay a bit more for new car make sense.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Cybertech said:

Read that older VW car tends to have quite a number of problems so never really consider no doubt VW got many features. Ya will wait a month or so to see how the COE result, if really much lower pay a bit more for new car make sense.

conti parts ex leh.. buying a coe conti  car many parts (due to wear and tear over the years) need to be replace. the cost is higher to maintenace than a parf conti.

Edited by StreamRSZ

Honda parts cheap meh? 

I owned Honda before, cheap spare part is something you do not associate with. 

Cheap is when you buy wear and tear parts for bimmers. 

VW, pug and  citroen are pretty okay too. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Honda parts cheap meh? 

I owned Honda before, cheap spare part is something you do not associate with. 

Cheap is when you buy wear and tear parts for bimmers. 

VW, pug and  citroen are pretty okay too. 

I have owned 2 odyssey for 15 years,  not the cheapest but reasonable, at least i did not feel any pain whenever I walk out of workshop. Now I own both COE conti and altis, also dont feel any pain. 😁😁

Owning an old car, other than the brand itself, it  depends on luck also, if a car if good and it is properly maintained,  though repairs are unavoidable,  repair cost should be manageable.  And there is no need to look for a car that has a lowest maintenance. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1