Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

27 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Great. Thanks for your advices.

Republic price has been  steep, they don't give much discount , but you can try with 5k and see how it goes, maybe they will bite ?

but I have to say their merce are usually of good  history, maintained by C&C all they way, 1 owner and not high mileage.  You may want to check out the audi, should be quite similar. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

I say just try for $5K first. If the salesperson is sincere, he will negotiate. 

Don’t try 0%

Try 50%

Edited by Fcw75

On 8/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, Wowfantastic said:

Recently, I eyed one consignment car from a sgCarMart. However, the seller have outstanding loan. 
Now my bank loan has been approved and cashier order is ready. But The dealer claimed that I have to give my full downpayment tgt with the cashier order to the seller to clear his loan on Tuesday. He then able to transfer and pass the car to me on Wednesday/Thursday. 

is it the right practice? How do I Ensure that after I gave my money, the car will come to me and ownership will be transferred to me. 

to me.. this is a red flag. Seller has consign his car to the dealer, its dealer hjob to help him clear the loan but not with your money.

If the dealer cannot provide that amount to clear the loan, what else can the dealer do if something goes wrong

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, AdviceMePlease said:

Hello, does anyone have experience with purchasing from D&L Auto Trading Enterprise / CarSolutions? Recently looking to purchase a consignment unit from them. 

Hi, if u go to page 263, Fayerfisher commented " Do avoid" for D&L Auto. Maybe, u can pm fayerfisher for more info.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys pardon me cuz im quite noob with matters related to finance of car..

Im trying to sell my altis 2014.. every month im paying around $1k installment.

Can i know the market value now? And if i sell my car, will i take bck any cash?

13 hours ago, Ijuzjoin said:

Hi guys pardon me cuz im quite noob with matters related to finance of car..

Im trying to sell my altis 2014.. every month im paying around $1k installment.

Can i know the market value now? And if i sell my car, will i take bck any cash?

2014 COE quite high, assuming 70k.

If you sell dealer, they'll take paper +2-3k, so assuming a similar 2014 Altis will be around 35-37k for paper, you may be able to sell to a dealer at 37-40k. Make sure they pay first before doing the transfer.

If you sell as direct owner, you may be able to sell at around 42-44k. But you'll have to do the viewings yourself, and settle the paperwork directly. Not difficult but you need to be careful. More things can possibly go wrong, especially if the buyer also inexperienced.

Looking at the delta between dealer and direct owner, I'm going to say that dealers are unlikely to offer paper +2-3k. Unless they have a ready export market.

The worst thing that can happen is COE going down further. As it goes down, your car loses more value, since a newer car would be cheaper in annual depreciation. Then you have to scrap, and that will likely only fetch paper + 300-500 dollars.

Whether you'll take back any cash really depends on your current outstanding loan, redemption penalty, and the final price you are successful at selling.

But why are you selling? Unless you're already thinking of buying a new car, then the least troublesome is trade in your car, and tell the new car dealer to jiak. They'll likely offer dealer price.

Edited by Sigeena
  • Praise 2

On 8/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, Blackaccent said:

I think it all depends on how hungry they are.

I remember in year 2011/2012, I bought a B180 from them.

Managed to bring their price down by $2K and no loan.

At first the sales says must take a loan from them, then I just walk away with my wife. When I drove from the carpark, he waited for me at the ramp and says ok. lets deal.

I've done the drive away/walk out trick many times. u know you're getting an OKOK price when you're basically out the door and they think hard and then go after you.

35 minutes ago, joshua182 said:

I've done the drive away/walk out trick many times. u know you're getting an OKOK price when you're basically out the door and they think hard and then go after you.

Hi,

Yes... The price was good considering for a it was 1.5 years old car. Probably because is high mileage.

If I remember correctly, the mileage was around 55K. So for a 1.5 years old car, mileage is considered high.

It didn't really bother me much as the car was still under C&C warranty plus 1 more year from Republic back then.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, i'm looking for this dealer called Easy Car Pte Ltd. They have cars for sale on sgcarmart but no contact details. It's quite weird. Anyone dealt with them before or know their contact details?

On 9/7/2020 at 10:57 PM, Mks14 said:

Hi guys, i'm looking for this dealer called Easy Car Pte Ltd. They have cars for sale on sgcarmart but no contact details. It's quite weird. Anyone dealt with them before or know their contact details?

Please do a Google search, you can see their number and address.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, Pixel18 said:

3 owners 10 yr old car with 65k mileage - already smells a rat.
Notice the photo of car engine is grainy compared to other photos - probably googled pic.  Never ever trust any 2nd hand car dealers.

Maybe most of the time is in the workshop?lol.....

35 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Anybody got feedback about Kao Lian?

Sorry I cant edit the post so to add on a question: Is it normal practice for Casetrust companies to exclude deposit and admin fee from the advertised price on sgcarmart?

↡ Advertisement