Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

I juz bought my car on June from kao lian.. Quite smooth transaction and ownership is done on the spot once you transfer the deposit and the insurance ready.. So far nothing major breakdown other than tyre (wear and tear) 

↡ Advertisement

Admin fee is basically commission for the salesperson, that's what the salesperson told me. 

Even if there's no admin fee, they probablya added into the car price. 

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Admin fee is basically commission for the salesperson, that's what the salesperson told me. 

Even if there's no admin fee, they probablya added into the car price. 

Ya I would have preferred if there are no hidden costs, that should be what casetrust is for - clear cut fees! Nvm I will ask CASE about this...

On 9/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, yellowshaun said:

Sorry I cant edit the post so to add on a question: Is it normal practice for Casetrust companies to exclude deposit and admin fee from the advertised price on sgcarmart?

Few weeks back I enquired about a 9 years used car, they said no admin fee and even pay in full w/o loan there will be no surcharge of car price. However, if not taking insurance from them there will be a $200 add on to the car price.

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Why should buyers pay admin fee?

Quite a numbers of used car dealers charges admin fee range from $500 to $800 and some don't. That's why when I enquire about the car price as advertised, I will ask them any admin fee, and any % surcharge if pay in full etc. The advertised car price never be the final amount you going to pay for if planning to buy that used car.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:18 PM, Fcw75 said:

Even if there's no admin fee, they probably added into the car price. 

Yes that or the fee is split between the company and salesperson. But anyway, buyers can forgo the admin fee if you feel that SE is very keen to make a deal, so it depends on your nego tactics. Loan penalty and insurance penalty differs between dealers.

17 hours ago, Cybertech said:

Quite a numbers of used car dealers charges admin fee range from $500 to $800 and some don't. That's why when I enquire about the car price as advertised, I will ask them any admin fee, and any % surcharge if pay in full etc. The advertised car price never be the final amount you going to pay for if planning to buy that used car.

That is robbery lah! Last time they used to charge a so called football money (thart kiew lui). If there is an admin fee, I'll just walk off!

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That is robbery lah! Last time they used to charge a so called football money (thart kiew lui). If there is an admin fee, I'll just walk off!

No admin fee, no bola lui, no kopi lui... also have other patterns one lah.

I ever kena once... "must refund owner's simi sai Road tax paid sum" excuse... I paid because the offered car price was way below the market value...I pressed the calculator in front of the dealer a few times... OK lah, win some lose some...but didn't know auto gearbox got problem till weeks later... I had to manual shift for remaining 6 months of ownership...

• Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I looking for used vezel. May I know any recommended dealer company I can approach? Is buying a consignment car better than from used car dealer? Fast time buyer here