Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

What's the point? If turned out to have been clocked, you would be very unhappy and there is no way for you to claim damages as shown in recent court case. 

The court case different matter. they got the wrong person to testify thats why lost on a technicality.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with Benefit Auto Enterprise Pte Ltd or Smartcars Boutique? Can't seem to find any reviews about them on this page. Many thanks in advance! 

Neutral Newbie

Hi can check whether if anyone deal with JDM automobile in turf city or 88 motor in jalan sultan?

(edited)
56 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Cowboy Town...perfect for CE...😁

Re71e7c4481de5cc98dd050fd3554a5c9.jpg

Don't like that say, ok then tell me where is a good gentleman lace to buy used car ? Next time I will go there 😅😅

Edited by Ct3833

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

Don't like that say, ok then tell me where is a good gentleman lace to buy used car ? 😅😅

@Jamesc

"do you even have to ask...?" 😁

• Haha! 4

@tscarsg for BMW's, you can check the service records in the infotainment system of the car. go to vehicle information, then service history. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:51 AM, Driveaway said:

Just wanted to warn everyone on a dishonest car dealer Platinum motoring at Ubi Ave 3.

I helped to advertise a car recently for my family and received many calls, of whom I always ask if he is a dealer, consignor or genuine buyer. I didn't want to deal with dealers knowing their price will be very low. This person called Frederick then called me and said he is buying for his own use and we met up to view the car. Upon meeting up, then he declared he is a car dealer. He was all friendly and smiles and seeing how sincere he was, we continued with the viewing. 

As I had a call, I had to walk away and left him with my family member to test drive. Before leaving, I wanted to pass them the sgcarmart sales and purchase form, but he brushed us away and asked to use his coy form.

He used the reason of the car having high mileage to negotiate down, but finally manage to agree on a price. 
He then pushed my family member to quickly sign on their form before I could make it back to witness the paperwork. My family member couldn't read english. we didn't notice there was very small fine print of 2% admin fee chargeable mentioned in the form.
He never highlighted this until the day of handing over the car, and only after the transfer process was completed in LTA website, then he rewrote another agreement and spelt it out clearly in writing and inform us. After some argument he dropped it down to half. The admin fee was for paperwork, which I questioned him what sort of paperwork would cost close to 2k. Transactions are so simple and handled electronically via LTA website. He could have highlighted to us anytime from signing of agreement, till before processing the transfer where we could have stopped the transaction.

On the day of handing over the car, he was also unfriendly at the start, which i felt weird and now I know why, as he was already anticipating an ugly turnout. Specifically heard he telling his staff to call him only after the LTA process was completed. 
His behaviour was akin to that of a rogue and commanded us to settle the payment before leaving, saying that the transaction is already complete and it's now his call to decide. 

Lastly, also noted that he tampered with the mileage of the car in his latest ad. 

Pls be careful when buying or selling cars from 2nd hand car dealers. 

😱

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

I don't think it's fait to condemn all Used Car Traders in Turf City. I got my Mitshubishi ASX from Universal Motors in Turf City just before the owners got into trouble but as far as my transaction is concerned, all went smoothly. I guess instead of pinning down Traders, buyers also need to do their own due diligence to understand the market, practices, different charges and etc. when dealing with Traders. As a business man, it is quite common trying to make the most out from a dealing. As a consumer, it is also usual to fight for the lowest price. As such, if a buyer does in unprepared, be prepared to get a poor deal.  

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, anyone have deal with shin automobile before? Didn't see it being mention here. How to search the entire thread?

Supersonic
(edited)

bedtime story reading, good reference. I walked in to the Panda site  three times but bought zero from them. My take is, if can find one a decent price with a peace of mind, why not. 

Tips for Buying from Republic Auto

tips-for-buying-from-republic-auto.56815

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/tips-for-buying-from-republic-auto.5681533/

And how profitable is their used car business ?  

Jardine Cycle & Carriage acquires remaining 30% stake in Republic Auto for $30 mil .............<<<<<that means the used car business worth $100mi

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/ma/jardine-cycle-carriage-acquires-remaining-30-stake-republic-auto-30-mil

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Another used car dealer to avoid

MUNICH ALPINA PRIVATE LTD

Be prepared to pay:
Admin fee: $500
Bank fee: $300
Agreement fee: $600
Processing fee: $800 

Total: $2200

I was told admin fee was only $500 to $1000, but when the time came to sign the agreement, they just add up all these unnecessary fees right after i sold my car. On the day of collection, aircon blow out hot air just before i reach home. They are not flexible to cover any portion of the repair cost ($480).

20210703_124447.jpg

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, bblinkk182 said:

Be prepared to pay:

I was told admin fee was only $500 to $1000, but when the time came to sign the agreement, they just add up all these unnecessary fees right after i sold my car. On the day of collection, aircon blow out hot air just before i reach home. They are not flexible to cover any portion of the repair cost ($480).

20210703_124447.jpg

Thanks for exposing shuch unscrupulous dealers. Hope you have gotten a good and trouble free ride in return after the aircon hiccup . 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, bblinkk182 said:

Be prepared to pay:

20210703_124447.jpg

Usually I ask for the breakdown like this when deposit. Then will strike off those unnecessary things, if they don't budge then walk away. If they agree, add note in agreement letter in both copies that if any price change higher, deal is off deposit return. 

Then again, trf fee shouldn't be there because you pay it thru one motoring site. Company daylight robbery. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2