Another used car dealer to avoid

MUNICH ALPINA PRIVATE LTD

Be prepared to pay:
Admin fee: $500
Bank fee: $300
Agreement fee: $600
Processing fee: $800 

Total: $2200

I was told admin fee was only $500 to $1000, but when the time came to sign the agreement, they just add up all these unnecessary fees right after i sold my car. On the day of collection, aircon blow out hot air just before i reach home. They are not flexible to cover any portion of the repair cost ($480).

20210703_124447.jpg

OMG😥

• Praise 3

On 7/6/2021 at 9:25 AM, Darevil said:

Lucky for you, there isn't Viewing Fee, Take Delivery Fee.

someone encountered these before in this thread. haha. 

P.S don't be naive to think they don't make much from the sale. 

🤣😂

• Haha! 3

2nd Gear
On 7/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, bblinkk182 said:

Be prepared to pay:

I was told admin fee was only $500 to $1000, but when the time came to sign the agreement, they just add up all these unnecessary fees right after i sold my car. On the day of collection, aircon blow out hot air just before i reach home. They are not flexible to cover any portion of the repair cost ($480).

20210703_124447.jpg

😨

• Praise 3

(edited)

@Hamburger @jonjonwee

Maybe other questions came up my mind. COE Stepwagon, I would think that's the 2.0L one. No VTEC, no Earth Dreams. COE 2L car, can't expect much good FC also. Some more is 70% City and only 30% expressway. Although 6km/l sounds really low and I also agree that the dealer's response is bad. 

For comparison, my 2.4L Estima with 30% City and 70% expressway clocked about 10km/l. My friend's Odyssey similar driving patterns clocked 8-9km/l. Both are parf cars. 

Edited by Wormee

Neutral Newbie

Yes i do understand will be reduce for coe car but 6km/l is rediculously low. I believe something is faulty. Workshop told me should expect around 480km at least but it doesnt seem like it which is around 8km/l that still make sense. But after servicing slight improvement also.

6 minutes ago, jonjonwee said:

Yes i do understand will be reduce for coe car but 6km/l is rediculously low. I believe something is faulty. Workshop told me should expect around 480km at least but it doesnt seem like it which is around 8km/l that still make sense. But after servicing slight improvement also.

Yup no choice. Since already bought and driving it. Have to slowly try to check and replace old/worn parts and try to improve the FC. Like one of the bro here suggested, there might be an issue with your fuel sensor based on your description. 

11 hours ago, N2020 said:

🤣😂

You donch laugh hor...ever heard of walk through their door entrance fee, breath their purified air fee, enjoy their aircon fee, listen to your question fee, answer your question fee, walk out their door exit fee...? 😁

• Haha! 4

On 7/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, mersaylee said:

You donch laugh hor...ever heard of walk through their door entrance fee, breath their purified air fee, enjoy their aircon fee, listen to your question fee, answer your question fee, walk out their door exit fee...? 😁

Later will have WhatsApp enquiry data fee, waste dealer time fee, call minutes fee, open and see bonnet fee, undercarriage inspect fee. 😂

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 7/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, jonjonwee said:

Is your mechanic able to pin point any possible cause of low fuel? please pay attention to fuel smell  in the car in case the hose along the pump leak. Also pay attention to fuel smell outside. Did you feel power loss? An experience mechanic should be able to tell by driving the car for a short distance. 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

@jonjonwee you should report this to CASE or let the media know. It seems that many 2nd hand car dealers have such undertable tactics although there are good ones. I really do not understand why they want to sacrifice their reputation for the sake of 1-2k more. Let CASE realise this is a very rampant practice and elevate upwards. Cars are the 2nd largest item that anyone buys, so I do not understand why authorities are only controlling real estate market but not the car industry. We are in year 2021 now, and such transactions should be transparent and fair. If they want to charge, make it clear upfront and don't add on only after the transfer is done. We as consumers should all raise this up together and warn the public. 

Edited by Driveaway
Sent to wrong person

On 7/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, bblinkk182 said:

Be prepared to pay:

20210703_124447.jpg

Machiam lawyer fees...

Really geng until boh suat..

Used car dealers really number 1....

39 minutes ago, Driveaway said:

@jonjonwee you should report this to CASE or let the media know. It seems that many 2nd hand car dealers have such undertable tactics although there are good ones. I really do not understand why they want to sacrifice their reputation for the sake of 1-2k more. Let CASE realise this is a very rampant practice and elevate upwards. Cars are the 2nd largest item that anyone buys, so I do not understand why authorities are only controlling real estate market but not the car industry. We are in year 2021 now, and such transactions should be transparent and fair. If they want to charge, make it clear upfront and don't add on only after the transfer is done. We as consumers should all raise this up together and warn the public. 

CASE and even small claims court quite toothless... Unlikely the dealers that play punk will be CASEtrust certified, and even if u win the small claims, to enforce the payout is another matter...

On 7/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, Wormee said:

@Hamburger @jonjonwee

Maybe other questions came up my mind. COE Stepwagon, I would think that's the 2.0L one. No VTEC, no Earth Dreams. COE 2L car, can't expect much good FC also. Some more is 70% City and only 30% expressway. Although 6km/l sounds really low and I also agree that the dealer's response is bad. 

For comparison, my 2.4L Estima with 30% City and 70% expressway clocked about 10km/l. My friend's Odyssey similar driving patterns clocked 8-9km/l. Both are parf cars. 

Have your throttle body clean up...

Also buy STP FUEL CLEANER for added protection..

• Praise 1

Report to case? 

No wonder dealers paper basketball skill improved by leaps and bounds when they received such notification. 

It's easier to suck it up then to kana double whammy by two parties. 

Twincharged

Excellent presentation by this lawyer about used cars. Almost 100% applicable in Singapore too. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, jonjonwee said:

did you try sticking your finger in the exhausts?

is it a dry healthy grey? black? stickiness?

from this you can gauge how well your engine is running .. or how out of tune the engine is ..

Edited by Mooose
  • Shocked 1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 9:41 PM, JXkoh said:

Hi can check whether if anyone deal with JDM automobile in turf city or 88 motor in jalan sultan?

I only know that the 88 boss quite a baller. Maybe he should be a FT gambler.

↡ Advertisement