Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

On 11/5/2021 at 6:58 PM, Civictoh said:

@Castrol I also encounter similar situation before in June this year when I was looking for my next car. Condition of the car (1/2015) is good after I viewing it. Mileage stated was 92k km+, 2 owners. Condition and mileage seem to tally. Decided to make a deposit for the car from the dealer in Textile Center. I asked to write black and white on the Sales agreement with 4 conditions. (No major accident, mileage not tempted, no engine and gearbox problem.) Dealer agreed. Sent car to ws checked, realised mileage was tempted. Actual mileage was 135k km. Ws said car is in good condition except for the tempted mileage. Can buy if dealer agreed to reduce the price further. End up, dealer don't agreed to drop price, I manage to get back my deposit. 

just curious, how did you managed to find out the car actual mileage is 135K? you cal AD to check? but AD wont reveal unless you are the owner?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Sup everyone, potential first time secondhand car buyer here, wan to ask all brother/sister here for advice.

I wan to buy this and was wondering if this dealer legit?
https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1033067&DL=2927

Also, after a bit of research, this kind of age the price also around there one, but I also dont really know cause I rarely see ppl selling parf mx-5, but mostly the price is like that.

Any vets can help? I sked i 1x cabbage head kena chop 😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 50cent said:

Sup everyone, potential first time secondhand car buyer here, wan to ask all brother/sister here for advice.

I wan to buy this and was wondering if this dealer legit?

Also, after a bit of research, this kind of age the price also around there one, but I also dont really know cause I rarely see ppl selling parf mx-5, but mostly the price is like that.

Any vets can help? I sked i 1x cabbage head kena chop 😂

Can't see the specific car from your link. If you are referring to MX 5, AD is selling the 2.0L model at about 19k depre, PI model is 1 6L manual, at about 15k(based on sgcarmart pricing) depre, that should  give you a feel whether you will be a carrot head or not.  Just bear in mind that for this type of car, there is no resale value but can be costly when  buying from a dealer. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Can't see the specific car from your link. If you are referring to MX 5, AD is selling the 2.0L model at about 19k depre, PI model is 1 6L manual, at about 15k(based on sgcarmart pricing) depre, that should  give you a feel whether you will be a carrot head or not.  Just bear in mind that for this type of car, there is no resale value but can be costly when  buying from a dealer. 

The correct link is here 🙂

Thanks for the advice bro! I quite prepared to use it till end of life and either renew or just scrap. Im quite single and I forsee myself not getting married in the next 5 years or so 😂

Also, the dealer is Bavarian Marques. From google it seems that they are reputable la, but ive learnt my lesson to check from either forum or reddit before buying anything and not just blindly trust google reviews.

Edited by 50cent
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, 50cent said:

The correct link is here 🙂

Thanks for the advice bro! I quite prepared to use it till end of life and either renew or just scrap. Im quite single and I forsee myself not getting married in the next 5 years or so 😂

Also, the dealer is Bavarian Marques. From google it seems that they are reputable la, but ive learnt my lesson to check from either forum or reddit before buying anything and not just blindly trust google reviews.

Hi, unable to advise further, depre at today's COE level seems reasonale. But you should try to get a workshop to check the car to ensure no major accidents before. and to be safe, insist on immediate ownership transfer , otherwise do not hand over your money.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Hello, I'm new here. I'd like to find out if there's any bad experiences dealing with Creative Auto Leasing Pte Ltd.

I am interested to get a 2nd hand car from them https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1030867

I am honestly not sure what to look out for when buying a 2nd hand car. I only know that the ARF value is not bad so I can get back 50% before the COE expires. I don't even know whether the price listed is marked up or not.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks

1 hour ago, rustyboy1992 said:

Hello, I'm new here. I'd like to find out if there's any bad experiences dealing with Creative Auto Leasing Pte Ltd.

I am interested to get a 2nd hand car from them https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1030867

I am honestly not sure what to look out for when buying a 2nd hand car. I only know that the ARF value is not bad so I can get back 50% before the COE expires. I don't even know whether the price listed is marked up or not.

Just search the threads about Creative Auto. It's one of the companies who i would avoid because of what has been shared here.

https://www.mycarforum.com/search/?&q=creative auto&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, rustyboy1992 said:

Super long post. Those who gets a headache after reading 2 lines, please skip before you get blind too. 

😂😂😂

1. Be very prepared to WALK AWAY if you are not allowed to have car sent for an inspection outside and other than STA and their own in-house workshop. 

If they say you dun trust, say yes. You dun trust ANYONE unless trust has been earned. 

Dun be paiseh or worry that ppl think u a cheapskate. Its your hard earned money, your blood n sweat. Be sure you spent it wisely. 

Remember, trust is a very expensive and precious asset solely lacking unfortunately these days, not just in this industry. So, dun be naive. 

2. All second hand cars will NOT be perfect condition (dings, dents, smell in cabin, suspension like boat, gearbox like in a foul mood, engine roaring cos u disturbed its weary rest cos it was once a PHV etc etc). 

Heck, even brand new ones can be lemons. 

So, if u feel you can accept the car as it is condition, please bargain hard for a reasonable discount, some say 2k - 4k off advertised price for Japanese cars. And more if its conti. 

3. Everything agreed vocally must be in black and white. Dun rely on "you promised, your boss promised, your grandfather promised" or "I thought you said, you mentioned, we agreed". 

Have it all in black n white. And be specific in what needs to be corrected or given etc. Dun be lazy. Be very "cat" so they know you mean business. 

Haha.... If they act tough n dun want to do your business, pat yourself on the back. You saved a potential headache and a Big hole in wallet. No honest business person worth their reputation will be afraid to have their promises in writing. Walk away. You may have gained a lesson without paying for it. 

4. This one is important. Deposit must be very small amount or none at all. And must in black n white to be fully refunded IMMEDIATELY IN CASH if certain conditions not met such as loan not approved or failed/poorly rated car inspection (pls go AA as they provide more comprehensive report on car condition or a trusted workshop that your father/mother/bro/sis/uncle/aunt etc say no run water type.) 

5. Take mileage reading with sack of salt. Dun buy ONLY cos its low mileage with stories of car use for marketing once a week, use to ferry children to school or its owner's 3rd or spare car etc.

Mileage is important to help car owners know what needs to be replaced as part of maintenance. Higher mileage will meant more care is needed to keep car running well.

Tampered mileage can cause clueless "new" owners to fork out more money and make mechanic very happy. More seriously, it may cause an unnecessary accident like worn out tires or brakes or fire related etc. 

Make your purchase a better experience by exercising caution and doing your due diligence instead of it later becoming a claim under Case. 

Sorry for long post. I have no dealings with said dealer except what's shared here previously from someone who did. 

At the end of the day, along the way, even bad dealers can have new staff who turned out to be honest. And good dealers who have bad new staff who just made life troublesome. 

Plus there may be dishonest buyers as well who wanted to get way beyond what they paid with threats of shaming dealers on Social Media.

You get all sorts of ppl in every trade. 

So instead of just telling you good and bad dealers, which is a good place to start, I hope you will learn to practise common sense and not let your eagerness to own a car blind you or cause you to lower your guard. 

Too good to be true, walk off. Alot of fees after you want to buy, walk off. 

There are many used cars. You have a choice to buy the "best" or "better" with your hard earned money, even if you take a car loan, the repayment is still your hard earned money. 

Lastly, please put aside at least $2-4k for maintenance and replacement of parts. 

Enjoy your walk thru the jungle of car dealers. 🤣😂 Survive and you will be another happy driver. 

Manage your expectations. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 9

@PSP415 Thank you for your reply, it is really really helpful.

I think based on the fact that other people have dealt with them before and produced negative results, I will not go down to view tomorrow to save time :D

Btw, one burning question is how to roughly know the value of a 2nd hand PARF car? Browsing through sgcarmart etc, many of the cars prices vary, so is there a good way to have an estimate of the cars actual value and whether the price is justified? I think a good gauge to back calculate, but there are hidden fees like body price etc, so it's quite confusing. Are you able to help shed some light on this? 

Also, you mentioned to be prepared to walk away if they don't allow to send for inspection outside other than STA / In-house workshop. Isn't STA supposed to be good? Or am I missing something here? If so, then which other workshop is legit for inspections?

Thank you!

Edited by rustyboy1992
  • Praise 1

43 minutes ago, rustyboy1992 said:

@PSP415 Thank you for your reply, it is really really helpful.

I think based on the fact that other people have dealt with them before and produced negative results, I will not go down to view tomorrow to save time :D

Btw, one burning question is how to roughly know the value of a 2nd hand PARF car? Browsing through sgcarmart etc, many of the cars prices vary, so is there a good way to have an estimate of the cars actual value and whether the price is justified? I think a good gauge to back calculate, but there are hidden fees like body price etc, so it's quite confusing. Are you able to help shed some light on this? 

Also, you mentioned to be prepared to walk away if they don't allow to send for inspection outside other than STA / In-house workshop. Isn't STA supposed to be good? Or am I missing something here? If so, then which other workshop is legit for inspections?

Thank you!

Actually for me, I use the yearly loss/depreciation as a gauge. How much is too much and how much loss can one stomach? One can check on new car prices of selected models if its still currently being sold or an informed gauge of its selling price even if it is a discontinued model. 

(Currently I hearsay some actually made some money cos of high COEs or got back what they paid for say, 2 years ago which means 2 years free use of car. This is not a norm ya.)

Depends on several factors which are not exhaustive - 

1. Some say Jap/Korean etc bread n butter cars depreciation of between 9-10k is reasonable. These days, it's more common to see $11-13k. Conti cars machiam no sky, between $18-20k especially super cars like $29k or more depending on rarity and mods or add-ons. 

Btw, check out all posts of same car models to gauge a selling price. Number of owners and years of car's  life will be obvious reasons for slightly higher price. 

High mileage will be some reasons why cars are sold cheaper. Some are obviously PHV.... look for tell tale signs of condition of seats especially leather, tires and test drive. Just some examples. 

2. There is a comprehensive thread here somewhere where one is taught how to calculate cost of cars and profits an AD or PI makes (of course, the actual amount is their own magic). Sorry, can't help here. Pls do a search 😂

3. STA reports not as comprehensive, not that it's not good. AA reports will highlight accident repairs or more details. Hence its obviously not a favourite choice of car dealers. Btw, you do need to pay for the report, whether its STA or AA. And allow the dealer to use the report if u did not follow thru with the deal. Sometimes u see some cars advertised with STA report grade B etc. 

4. 50% off ARF is what you will get at the end of the parf car's life. Most of the time, it is prudent to drive a car till its dead, I mean end of its 10 year's COE provided it did not bleed your piggy bank earlier to move in with your mechanic. 

Hope this helps. Good luck on your search and hope you get a ride that will bring a smile to your face daily. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 6

On 11/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, Castrol said:

Last tues i just purchase from 1 coy on the 1.5g petrol. 

In the advertising it wrote comes with sgcarmart warranty. 

Upon purchase, despite i watsapp twice for the dealer to start the warranty, he didnt reply. 

Until i had to call him n he says, i garantee yr engine no problem for 6 mths, any problems i fix for u la. 

Now even when u see they post got sgcarmart warranty in their ad, such issue can happen, use mouth warranty buyers, refuse to activate sgcarmart warranty. 

Before buy car, say confirm no accident. 

I send for inspection via car workshop, mechanic check n says got 2 point which got bang before, 1 is at rear right side n 1 is front left side. 

Dealer say, aiya minor bang sure have la, 2nd hand car, sure got la, my mechanic  pull me 1 side n says, tis dealer is not honest, the way he prata here and there, 

No choice but i ask my mechanic whether the engine n axles n main chasis ok or not, mechanic says all is good, except the 2 banged area before. 

So i had to purchase the car, as my personal car was set to scrap on the same day. 

My advice is that, if u r not in a rush, ask the dealer to send to yr preferred shop to check. As my dealer initially ask me to go to his preferred workshop to do the checks. Which i object to it. 

I dunno whether to consider myself lucky or suay to encounter such dealer, even tho i went to 6 car dealers before i finally decided which to go to... 

Bro what car u bought and which dealer is this? There is a thread on sgcarmart warrany

I think u should post over there so everyone is aware of how dealers can roti prata

U should also feedback to sgcarmart so they can blacklist this dealer 

Before I bought my fit I went down turf city. Shortlisted a fit I saw on sgcarmart. Condition rabak in person. Headlight alignment all off liao

Walked past a few dealers and a few of them said this to me, ah Lai u go sgcarmart see, price lowest liao

In the end I walked away becauaw almost feel like Gona tio scam

• Haha! 1

On 10/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, Porche said:

Turf city ones also as scary, lucky my previous experience with used cars dealers are ok. I bought 2 used car from Mayfair previously, bros here can try 

Same feeling bro

I just commented about turf city LOL

Bad vibes maybe it's the way they talk. Maybe it's how the cars are being displayed so closely

Machiam touting

@Fitz4i I always find turf city less crowd. I only go there to change my car key battery. Going to turf city again to change better for my spare key 

↡ Advertisement