Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Twincharged

which is why i always tell friends, just buy the car for what it is. simi dealer or workshop fix is usually a con. once money changes hands, tan kuku to get anything done.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
2 hours ago, payingCUSTOMER64 said:

!!! THRIVE AUTO !!!

!!! WENG AUTO !!!

UPDATE- Serviced transmission box and saw orange(default yellow) oil filter. How good or long can the oil inside be which was checked by Weng Auto?

Screenshot_20220829-124253_Gallery.jpg

so conclusion is you paid for super expensive parking at the workshop?

anyway your car is a toyota altis. rather robust and can be cheaply fixed. good to change the ATF.

maybe take a look at the drive belt and pulley, change aircon filter, brake fluid.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, payingCUSTOMER64 said:

@yellowshaun didn't.  But my car was with them for 3 days after I asked them to do a thorough check and insisted on official bill of the job.

Hope you are now wiser and more shrewd ah... Asking them to check themself?

When I am selling my house I won't point out any flaws for the buyers. Price I still want as high as I can get. It is just human nature. Unless you getting the car at $2k/year depre lower than market price then maybe okay...

The PIE viaduct where the company ownself check ownself until the who structure collapse... How thorough you think the dealer want to check and repair for you? If you want tip top condition best you buy brand new or mahbe even from the AD used car divisions...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, payingCUSTOMER64 said:

UPDATE-
Matter raised got settled. Gentleman is the boss of Thrive Auto. He values good reputation and is ensuring good service throughout.

That's good to know. Glad the matter is resolved at your end. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

On 3/19/2022 at 10:51 AM, Brass said:

Mileage must be always be assumed to be tampered. I do not believe that a car of 15+ years old has a mileage less than 200k.

This fugging car still here XD.IMG_20220319_105048.thumb.jpg.80bd0925b0a9d64380e9b436eda6918c.jpg

still available as of today but with 9.6k depre

HOHO

Has anyone dealt with SWheels before?

Saw a listing, read a few positive reviews for this salesman, saying his service is very good and not pushy at all, so made an appointment last week to view the car. 

There were a few units of this model available but this particular one has the youngest age, the least mileage and yet lowest depreciation. I thread with caution…

Showroom was big and nicely done up. He was very friendly but definitely pushy. Even after I told him, hey, I’m a serious buyer. I’ve done my research, I like the vehicle and once I’m assured that it is in good condition I will make a booking, he still tried to make me put in an offer that day. Test drive also must make booking first. I was like HUH?

So I asked him, is this car accident-free?
He said “Bro, don’t worry, confirm accident-free. Come I show you how to see.” 
Proceeds to open the boot, pointed me to an area where there is a small paint bubble which looks like when you over spray unevenly and it lumps and dries up. 
“You see ah, this one you use your fingernail to press. It will dent in then after awhile the bubble will come back up and the dent will disappear. This shows that it’s original paintwork”

While inspecting the engine bay, I noticed another 2 paint bubbles on the edge of the hood. Same, he asked me to press. 

He offered to send the car to STA for evaluation, he will pay out of his commission. But having read some of the advice here, I told him my preference for AAS. He was like “Bro, come I show you, all my customers go STA one. No one uses AAS.” When I insisted, he said I will have to foot the evaluation fee plus they will not drive the vehicle there, they will send a tow truck and I have to pay for it ($100, 2-way). When I agreed to pay, he again went on about how STA is recognised by the government and even suggested that AAS is in collusion with blah blah blah (sorry I tend not to register bulls**t) and thus will not be accurate in their evaluation. 

Having not test driven any other listings yet, I arranged with him the following day to test-drive, but on the condition that I will not put any money down first, and that if I’m satisfied with the test-drive, we will proceed with AAS evaluation. He rejected me with company policy, so I told him I’ll shop elsewhere, and after awhile texted back to say ok, he checked with his boss, and they are willing to give in to my requests. 

Anyways, 1hr15min before our appointment, he texted a picture of another customer viewing the same car with his colleague, saying if sold will update me. 
30min before appointment he said it’s sold. While I can’t verify anything now, I can only wish the buyer the best of luck. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Joey5555 said:

Saw a listing, read a few positive reviews for this salesman, saying his service is very good and not pushy at all, so made an appointment last week to view the car. 

There were a few units of this model available but this particular one has the youngest age, the least mileage and yet lowest depreciation. I thread with caution…

Showroom was big and nicely done up. He was very friendly but definitely pushy. Even after I told him, hey, I’m a serious buyer. I’ve done my research, I like the vehicle and once I’m assured that it is in good condition I will make a booking, he still tried to make me put in an offer that day. Test drive also must make booking first. I was like HUH?

Proceeds to open the boot, pointed me to an area where there is a small paint bubble which looks like when you over spray unevenly and it lumps and dries up. 
“You see ah, this one you use your fingernail to press. It will dent in then after awhile the bubble will come back up and the dent will disappear. This shows that it’s original paintwork”

While inspecting the engine bay, I noticed another 2 paint bubbles on the edge of the hood. Same, he asked me to press. 

He offered to send the car to STA for evaluation, he will pay out of his commission. But having read some of the advice here, I told him my preference for AAS. He was like “Bro, come I show you, all my customers go STA one. No one uses AAS.” When I insisted, he said I will have to foot the evaluation fee plus they will not drive the vehicle there, they will send a tow truck and I have to pay for it ($100, 2-way). When I agreed to pay, he again went on about how STA is recognised by the government and even suggested that AAS is in collusion with blah blah blah (sorry I tend not to register bulls**t) and thus will not be accurate in their evaluation. 

Having not test driven any other listings yet, I arranged with him the following day to test-drive, but on the condition that I will not put any money down first, and that if I’m satisfied with the test-drive, we will proceed with AAS evaluation. He rejected me with company policy, so I told him I’ll shop elsewhere, and after awhile texted back to say ok, he checked with his boss, and they are willing to give in to my requests. 

Anyways, 1hr15min before our appointment, he texted a picture of another customer viewing the same car with his colleague, saying if sold will update me. 
30min before appointment he said it’s sold. While I can’t verify anything now, I can only wish the buyer the best of luck. 

Sounds like a walk away as fast as possible situation.

These 2nd hand dealers ( not referring to this one in particular) are crooked to the max.

They can lie to your face quite consistently EVEN IF they dont have to 🤣 and produce fake customers quite easily. ( personal experience while selling car recently ) 

• Haha! 7

4 hours ago, Joey5555 said:

You did right! 

• Praise 2

On 8/30/2022 at 7:58 AM, payingCUSTOMER64 said:

!!! THRIVE AUTO !!!

!! WENG AUTO !!

UPDATE- Brake rotors with kit total replacement. Own check own self is crapy. Really!

Screenshot_20220830-075250_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220830-075225_Gallery.jpg

The rotor is badly worn off, you should have seen it right from the beginning during viewing.  you missed an important step of getting the car checked by an independent workshop, especially when you are unsure and inexperience. Can see the car is badly maintained, you should get a workshop to do a thorough check and servicing.  Anyway , learn from experience, no one can be an expert from day one, the next time round you will be wiser when you have to  buy a used car, hope you could get a new car next though. 

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Joey5555 said:

Thanks for sharing . Move on, you have no loss but gain some valuable experience. All the best.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

All 2nd hand car I bought the salesman would beg me to take a test drive.

Those that couldn't be driven, the answer is written on the wall.

Any used car salesman to recommend? 😁

7 hours ago, Joey5555 said:

That ‘customer’ might be his another colleague. 🤣

Those Google reviews can be fake too.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

The thing about the paint bubbles was incredulous. He knew I’d notice, and before I raised any concerns about them he spinned a story and made it into a positive. 

To add on, he even told me that I can call up the authorised service center (car is still under warranty and free servicing) to confirm that there wasn’t any repair done before. My concern for the buyer is (if there was a real buyer in the first place), if the car had been repaired outside before and not by the authorised agent, the warranty may have been voided. 

Anyways, I went to view the next listing, car was prepared for test drive before I arrived. No prior booking required. No paint bumps, called the service center who also confirmed no major repairs done before, mileage was correct, and dealer was happy to send anywhere for inspection. Placed a deposit and hope everything goes smoothly from now. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5