Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

1 hour ago, Joey5555 said:

The thing about the paint bubbles was incredulous. He knew I’d notice, and before I raised any concerns about them he spinned a story and made it into a positive. 

To add on, he even told me that I can call up the authorised service center (car is still under warranty and free servicing) to confirm that there wasn’t any repair done before. My concern for the buyer is (if there was a real buyer in the first place), if the car had been repaired outside before and not by the authorised agent, the warranty may have been voided. 

Anyways, I went to view the next listing, car was prepared for test drive before I arrived. No prior booking required. No paint bumps, called the service center who also confirmed no major repairs done before, mileage was correct, and dealer was happy to send anywhere for inspection. Placed a deposit and hope everything goes smoothly from now. 

If any, Paint bubbles is an indication of  a lousy respray paint work😁😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, shrjun said:

Sounds like a walk away as fast as possible situation.

These 2nd hand dealers ( not referring to this one in particular) are crooked to the max.

They can lie to your face quite consistently EVEN IF they dont have to 🤣 and produce fake customers quite easily. ( personal experience while selling car recently ) 

I find not only car dealers, even those property agents also same same la. Can lie to your face and tell you some other buyers are interested to buy also, or tell you the other buyer offered this price but was rejected so you must up your price to secure the deal blah blah. 🙄

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I find not only car dealers, even those property agents also same same la. Can lie to your face and tell you some other buyers are interested to buy also, or tell you the other buyer offered this price but was rejected so you must up your price to secure the deal blah blah. 🙄

Many used car salesman are Amoeba.

An amoeba is a type of cell or unicellular organism which has the ability to alter its shape, primarily by extending and retracting pseudopods.

@Jamesc is an exception.

He’s worse. 🤣

Just kidding James, you are the best! 😁

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 5

Think about it, where are those used cars come from ? From people who sell their cars to the dealers. if an owner does not maintain his car, the dealer who buys it will get that shit car,  so it is the sellers who created the problem to begin with.

But I would expect car delaers to have the knowhow  and experience to know the condition of their cars, repair them accordingly, be honest to the buyers , honor  their  after sales  commitment since they have done their rightful mark up as a dealer. Trying to dump a car to an unprepared buyer to make his quick buck is unprofessional and irresponsible .

I came across a dealer who had just gotten a w212 from C&C(typically are those that auto republic does  not want to sell for you know why), the lady told me frankly that  the car just came in, had not been cleaned and touched up, if I was keen , the price quoted would be as is. But after viewing the interior, I  skipped that offer as i could  tell the car had been neglected by the  previous owner badly. At least I know that the shop is being honest and professional to some extent. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

But I would expect car delaers to have the knowhow  and experience to know the condition of their cars, repair them accordingly, be honest to the buyers , honor  their  after sales  commitment since they have done their rightful mark up as a dealer. Trying to dump a car to an unprepared buyer to make his quick buck is unprofessional and irresponsible 

Exactly. Accident cars not say cannot sell. Different people got different budget and some may not mind getting one at a lower price. Dealer would’ve bought it in cheaper, so should not sell it as though it’s accident-free and pocket a bigger margin. 

What was wrong was that he knew full well what those paint bubbles are, yet he tried to smoke buyers that the car is accident free. 

• Praise 2

At least I know that the shop is being honest and professional to SOME extent. 

Yes, that's the problem. After the "some extent", professional cleaning up and a few aesthetic adjustments, almost brand new liao. 

Yada-ing 

😅😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

But I would expect car delaers to have the knowhow  and experience to know the condition of their cars, repair them accordingly, be honest to the buyers , honor  their  after sales  commitment since they have done their rightful mark up as a dealer. Trying to dump a car to an unprepared buyer to make his quick buck is unprofessional and irresponsible .

Your faith in used car dealers is way way too high.

Please lower you expectation.

:D 

• Haha! 7

2 minutes ago, Joey5555 said:

Exactly. Accident cars not say cannot sell. Different people got different budget and some may not mind getting one at a lower price. Dealer would’ve bought it in cheaper, so should not sell it as though it’s accident-free and pocket a bigger margin. 

What was wrong was that he knew full well what those paint bubbles are, yet he tried to smoke buyers that the car is accident free. 

Nice work! Refreshing to read that you took time and effort to research and read thru this thread. 👍

Beats having those that went in totally blind and deaf, then come here kpkb that car why like this, why like that and car dealer went MIA, promise to do but no do, deposit not returned when changed mind, cannot send for AAS inspection, workshop did cover up jobs, etc and now how? 😔

😅😂😂

• Praise 3

All cars wan to trade in to the dealers will kpkb until your car sibei jialat , worthless and need to be scrap.. when they wan to sell car to U, all their cars are like one and only da BEST in the world.. KNN all these fxxkers..

• Haha! 9

2 hours ago, Joey5555 said:

I would have walked away once dealers lie. If they continued to try to explain and then I would tell him off don’t bulls**t la. 

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Think about it, where are those used cars come from ? From people who sell their cars to the dealers. if an owner does not maintain his car, the dealer who buys it will get that shit car,  so it is the sellers who created the problem to begin with.

I came across a dealer who had just gotten a w212 from C&C(typically are those that auto republic does  not want to sell for you know why), the lady told me frankly that  the car just came in, had not been cleaned and touched up, if I was keen , the price quoted would be as is. But after viewing the interior, I  skipped that offer as i could  tell the car had been neglected by the  previous owner badly. At least I know that the shop is being honest and professional to some extent. 

Used Car dealers always first try to Convince, then Confuse and then if doesn’t work, outright CON! 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 2

I agree with all the posters here.

But to call car owners knn f@#kers are a bit harsh.

You see it's just human nature.

Car owners won't fix or service their cars when they know they want to sell.

But they will demand high high prices as if their cars very good condition like that.

When car owners buy used cars they want low low prices and want perfect brand new showroom condition.

Now it's a bit harsh to call then knn f@#kers because who don't want to buy at a low price and sell at a hight price?

Which salesman tells you his competitor prices is lower and products are better?

Tell me who? Tell me who? I don't hire them.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie

So many negative experience with used care dealers, allow me to share something positive.
Disclaimer: I got no links or interest with the business/individual mentioned below.

Was on the look out for a car in 2020 for my wife to ferry my kid to/from school.
Criteria was something budget, easy/low maintenance, easy to drive (not too big) and have the flexibility of 5+2 seats if we need it.

Narrow down the choice to COE Honda Crossroad.
Went down to a few dealers in ubi automart with Crossroad for viewing, they came off as rude/pushy.
The whole experience was uncomfortable so we decide to walk away.

Put the thought of getting the Crossroad on hold until we came upon a listing from Universal Auto, which was located back then at Sungei Kadut (very ulu). The car was relatively low mileage (no point contesting this) and only 1 owner, with reasonable depre.
When I contacted Mr Goh to arrange for a viewing, he told me the car was in the workshop and will only be available for viewing the following day. I insisted to see what was done so he gamely invited me to the workshop.

I reached before the stipulated meeting time with Mr Goh, and had a chat with the head mechanic working on the car. He told me the car had leaking rear suspensions, and they were replacing it. Even showed me the parts were original Honda oem. I asked him what else were being done for the car, he shared that one of the folding mirror motor was being replaced as well.

Mr Goh arrived shortly after, he came across as a very sincere elder gentleman. Told me what was done for the car (his accounts tallied with what the head mechanic said). I requested for a test drive once the work on the suspension was done. During the test drive, I feedback about a loud "tiak tiak" sound when the car was travelling at high speed. Vibration at idle was also strong hence requested for a change of engine mounting. Once we are back in the workshop, Mr Goh instructed the head mechanic to investigate on the sound. Turn out it was due to uneven tires, so they changed a pair on the spot (though the replacement pair were not new tires, their condition was acceptable. YOM was not too far off as well).

Given that I was satisfied with the condition of the vehicle and how quickly he rectified the issues on the spot, I proceed to put down a small sum (think it was only 100) for deposit, refundable if my own mechanic found the chassis of the vehicle unsatisfactory. We head back to his office (which was a 5mins drive away) and put it down on black and white.

On the day of inspection at my own workshop, my mechanic found 3 issues with the car:
- valve cover gasket leaking
- vtec o ring leaking
- radiator cap rust and corroded 

Mr Goh send the vehicle back to his workshop to make the necessary rectifications. Apart from that, I also requested for basic servicing (engine oil change) and ATF flush, which he agreed. While I did not personally see the work being down, he took pictures of the car in the workshop with the parts being changed out and updated me via Whatsapp. He also sent me the invoice from the workshop with line item break down on the work done (and maybe to also show me how much he had spent repairing the car).

There was no other admin fee/soccer money/simi sai lui. He also allowed me to source for my own insurance. I choose to let him handle the car loan (COE car loan can only loan PQP, which was not high at that time, let him earn a bit). On the day of collection everything went smoothly, and I left as a happy new owner.

1 month down the road, the aircon broke down. Contacted Mr Goh, he told me to go back to his workshop. The mechanic found the cooling coil to be leaking, and recommended for it to be replaced. I can hear Mr Goh sounded unhappy over the phone, but he gave the go ahead to replace it. I didn't need to fight for it or fork out a single cent for the repairs (except for my time).

Fast forward 2 years till today, the car is generally in good condition and only needed basic engine oil change and break pads replacement.
Why am I only posting this now? Well, I'm selling the car off, and this is perhaps one of the best used car dealers I've come across (have brought 3 other used cars before, with less than stellar experience).

TLDR: Good experience dealing with Mr Goh from Universal Auto. 

Edited by yelver
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

21 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Used Car dealers always first try to Convince, then Confuse and then if doesn’t work, outright CON! 

When they see a potential buyer see see cars, they will approach and try to CON-trol the situation. Then try to CON-vince buyer on the car buyer eyeing with good stuff blablabla. When realise buyer have car knowledge, they use the art of CON-fusion to try make the buyer lost.

If all above success, they know they have successfully CON the buyer.

If all above fail, they will tell their fellow ka-kias and CON-demn the potential buyer.

Of course not all used car dealers are like that. Only stating the 5 CONs 😅😅😅

• Haha! 2

That's the funny thing.

People always say only buy Japanese used car.

T n H all very reliable one.

Gasket and O ring leaking is a big issue.

Rad cap $10 to replace.

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone bought from 1st car auto pte ltd b4? Or Car1motoring pte ltd? The sales link is attached below.

Check out 'Daihatsu Materia 1.5A (COE till 04/2029)', available at S$49,998 on #Carousell: https://carousell.app.link/Di4TIc4bWtb

Was hoping to get some info when going down for viewing. Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement