Shocking remark - go die and don't waste govt money

Wt_know

Japan should let old 'hurry up and die': minister

Japan's finance minister Taro Aso said Monday the elderly should be allowed to "hurry up and die" instead of costing the government money for end-of-life medical care.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/japan-let-old-hur...-113515884.html

will you "go die" instead of wasting govt resources or depleting your own cpf , your child cpf and hard earned savings?

in drama, we always heard ... "the old and poor man will say let me die, don't waste money" ...

this is a real issue as aging population going full speed.

what say you?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

damn....even tho it is true, and our JB retirement homes idea is in place, no need be so blatant........

somebody's gonna resign soon man

Japan's finance minister Taro Aso said Monday the elderly should be allowed to "hurry up and die" instead of costing the government money for end-of-life medical care.

will you "go die" instead of wasting govt resources or depleting your own cpf , your child cpf and hard earned savings? in drama, will always heard ... "let me die, don't waste money" ...

what say you?

That's why he only held the post of PM for 1 year before being defeated..... [laugh]

Anyway in S'pore minister only recommend to go JB for old folks home, not to the extend of asking us to 'die faster'.......... [:p]

(edited)

i read an article about aging population that aged man should "die with dignity" and not as a burden (like a useless product after used by date) ... [:(]

Edited by Wt_know

The reclusive country dun allow foreign workers enter their economy wor.

LOL... looking at the Japan minister's pic he himself is almost there. Will he heed his own words and die early?? :D

Someone should send him a mirror.

i have already made my will and signed my DNR etc...once i hit a certain age, i hope not to be a burden to ppl,....so there...

i have already made my will and signed my DNR etc...once i hit a certain age, i hope not to be a burden to ppl,....so there...

You mean you're signed up with your own package???

Wah, so supportive of your company's "product" ah....... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

You mean you're signed up with your own package???

Wah, so supportive of your company's "product" ah....... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

of course, i hv to bleieve in wat i sell bah [laugh] [laugh]

It's sad to be old. Not only you loose your dignity as a human being you also loose your strength, your money, your hair, your looks, your teeth and even your erection.

Worst of all nobody would pat you on your back to praise you for all you have done to the country. How I wish I would gow old to be like hugh hefner. :D

Edited by Watwheels

even if one had saved loads, there's no guarantee one will live to enjoy it.

same goes to that minister who told off the old folks, maybe his time left is even shorter..

When-a-Friend-is-Falling-Off-the-Cliff.jpg

will you "go die" instead of wasting govt resources or depleting your own cpf , your child cpf and hard earned savings?

in drama, we always heard ... "the old and poor man will say let me die, don't waste money" ...

this is a real issue as aging population going full speed.

what say you?

japan changes PMs let change underwear. nothing surprising

Wow... this guy will fit right in with the current crop of ministers... very pragmatic and know how to save govt's precious $$. ANd not apologetic for speaking their mind...

PAP quick recruit him for the next GE! give him citizenship!

Edited by Wyfitms

It's sad to be old. Not only you loose your dignity as a human being you also loose your strength, your money, your hair, your looks, your teeth and even your erection. Worst of all nobody would pat you on your back to praise you for all you have done to the country. How I wish I would gow old to be like hugh hefner. :D

That is the price of mindless chase for economy growth that many of us forget about pple around us, especially the eldest and youngest.

We also need to reflect at our own society today which will become more Japan-like in the near future.

For starter, we can do more with some consideration for those older cleaners at our hawker center.

A small effort of understanding and appreciation goes a long way for this people who should be in their Golden Age.

f_05cleaner.jpg

Turbocharged

politicians always like to speak the wrong things

- this jap minister

- the indian official who says rape victims enjoy the process as much as the rapists

- our education minister [lipsrsealed]

- many others

↡ Advertisement