2 Weeks after taking over a 2009 used car

Fattychubby

Just to share a good experience i had with a used car dealer which i am in no way related to him.

sign the sales contract and took over a 2009 car in week 2 of 2013. Only verbally agreed that i will come back to him if my car got any problem with the next 2 weeks.

Car was in good condition when i test drive.. call me a easy buyer .. anyway its a bread and butter car so i didnt srutinise the car maybe like other detail buyers .. Test driven once and was happy with the visual inspection.. decided to buy after some consideration.

Last week, the door indicators were faulty. went down to their associated WS for repair.. but before i could make it.. realise i got a bigger problem. Coolant is empty.. after 2 refills.. must be a leak somewhere .. Alerted the dealer and he was ok i include this in the repair job today.. Guess what, he honour what was promise and got me a brand new radiator..

Phew, i was glad and really please with this dealer ..i wasnt expecting this after reading so many bad remarks about the used car business.

Bros, i guess it isnt everyday we meet a "honest" fella in the used car business.. so i thought i should share this with you folks :)

↡ Advertisement

Just to share a good experience i had with a used car dealer which i am in no way related to him.

sign the sales contract and took over a 2009 car in week 2 of 2013. Only verbally agreed that i will come back to him if my car got any problem with the next 2 weeks.

Car was in good condition when i test drive.. call me a easy buyer .. anyway its a bread and butter car so i didnt srutinise the car maybe like other detail buyers .. Test driven once and was happy with the visual inspection.. decided to buy after some consideration.

Last week, the door indicators were faulty. went down to their associated WS for repair.. but before i could make it.. realise i got a bigger problem. Coolant is empty.. after 2 refills.. must be a leak somewhere .. Alerted the dealer and he was ok i include this in the repair job today.. Guess what, he honour what was promise and got me a brand new radiator..

Phew, i was glad and really please with this dealer ..i wasnt expecting this after reading so many bad remarks about the used car business.

Bros, i guess it isnt everyday we meet a "honest" fella in the used car business.. so i thought i should share this with you folks :)

Effect of the lemon law (the Consumer Protection Fair Trading Act.) It also covers used cars. There is a statutory presumption of defect if gods purchased develop problems within 6 months.

Good for you. Its good to know there are honourable used car dealers out there. Now, if you can avoid naming the dealer, then no one will call this an attempt to advertise for the car dealer.

Dealer changed a brand new radiator for you?! Really not bad but could it be due to the implemented lemon law, so the dealer will change when there is problem with the car?!

Imho. Easy buyer=over paying by another 1k at least. If I'm the dealer, after changing the radiator for you, I would have at least 500 left from your generosity.

500 is not his commission hor. More likely 1 to 2 k after settling your repairs.

Perhaps he already knew that the car had problems so over quote you so he can have excess to settle your problems later.

Last year i got my 2009 ride. Also B&B ride. I had been driving for 8-9 month. No major repair, only change brakepad (for safety purpose) , aircon fan motor changed and one engine mounting <-- Common problem for FD :(

It depend on luck la.

Edited by Dscheng

you bought a car with such a serious issue. yet you said the dealer is honest?

aiyah, this is an example to show that most dealers do not fully know the condition and history of the used cars they are selling. The onus is on the buyers to ascertain these things.

Dealer own and drove the car for the last 3years?

If that you are selling off your car, would you spent $ on repairs or leave it to the next owner?

To be fair, i thought the radiator problem is just normal wear tear. its a hairline crack and the coolant just leak out. same for the door.. i checked but only discover these problems after 1 week of driving.

Buying a used car from used car agents . i meant those smaller boys has its risk.. just like for my case. They can turn back and claim its your fault.. i dont think the S&P covers warranty period as well ( maybe some bros can enlighten). However if you are prepared to pay more for used car.. go for the bigger boys or distributors with resale car division.. defintely offer warranty lor

He change for u is due to lemon law

The car has to be in working condition

Leaking is consider serious already

For certain wear and tear issue like brake pad etc, he can choose not to change it once u sign the sales agreement

aiyah, this is an example to show that most dealers do not fully know the condition and history of the used cars they are selling. The onus is on the buyers to ascertain these things.

of coz lah. did you expect otherwise?

the used car dealer is merely a broker to facilitate transaction, provide financing, etc.

he's not a mechanic.

To be fair, i thought the radiator problem is just normal wear tear. its a hairline crack and the coolant just leak out. same for the door.. i checked but only discover these problems after 1 week of driving.

Buying a used car from used car agents . i meant those smaller boys has its risk.. just like for my case. They can turn back and claim its your fault.. i dont think the S&P covers warranty period as well ( maybe some bros can enlighten). However if you are prepared to pay more for used car.. go for the bigger boys or distributors with resale car division.. defintely offer warranty lor

I have to agree with 5725. If your car has such major problems within 2 weeks of taking over the car, I'd say wait 6 months before you give positive comments about how great the dealer is. You seriously think these problems only surfaced during the 2 weeks that you collected your car? No lah. They occurred before, and you were not told about them.

I have to agree with 5725. If your car has such major problems within 2 weeks of taking over the car, I'd say wait 6 months before you give positive comments about how great the dealer is. You seriously think these problems only surfaced during the 2 weeks that you collected your car? No lah. They occurred before, and you were not told about them.

you might be right but then i doubt he knows about the history of the car..

just like my trade in car.. i didnt know also fully disclosed about it lor.. .. haha

call it karma then:(

↡ Advertisement