PE By election Results and Analysis

RadX

Supercharged

seems like other countries' presses can see the problems causing PAP to lose support...

but has our's seen?

As i had mentioned earlier, the problems created by pap are so glaring that even the blind can see them

Frankly, even though I am a staunch opposition supporter, the result still comes as a shock to me. I actually predicted a close PAP win, so for WP to win, by such a margin, is astonishing. Well done though.

Whatever happens from now onwards till the next elections will be very interesting indeed. There will definitely be changes ahead. Either the PAP will wake up and start to remedy things to make life better for Singaporeans, or they will be turfed out.

This result, and the last GE, has shown that we Singaporeans are not afraid of change anymore.

knn... cna up to dirty tricks again, showing WP while they are still setting up the press conference

CNA is slave to we know who.........

Why can't both of them spend more time learning how to serve the people with honesty and fair plays instead of keep resorting to such low life tactics? [mad]

Edited by Maseratigood

I was there at Block 322 Hougang Ave 5 tonight. The atmosphere is electrifying. Reported crowd of 5k gathered to celebrate. Low and Png came by at 1am and the crowd went delirious and mobbed both. Met SDP Dr Ang too. He was there to root for WP too.

Any more by elections?? The fever hasn't subside yet. Haha.

On a serious note, next up, the interesting issues will be the White Paper on population to 7millon and AIM which has yet to have a closure.

the game of politics has changed. the ruling party has to turn and be a true gentleman. ppl hav eeyes. Gutter politics does not have it's place anymore. At least this election we did not see any characterbashing, that to me is a start. However, the dangling carrots does not hold anymore water nowadays

This mean ppl have chosen something else more than mere monetary terms.

This is good.

Becos we don't carry our wealth into our afterlife.

Money......yes.

But how much?

Every by election the ruling party looses a seat, no wonder our PM so reluctant to call for this by election lah [laugh]

BTW lots of people felt very happy to have another WP elected.

Hope the ruling party can wake up and change more [mad]

the game of politics has changed. the ruling party has to turn and be a true gentleman. ppl hav eeyes. Gutter politics does not have it's place anymore. At least this election we did not see any characterbashing, that to me is a start. However, the dangling carrots does not hold anymore water nowadays

This time round, they can't afford characterbashing as the need for this by-election was a result from their own morally-flawed ex-MP.

They created an own goal in the first place and cannot afford to go around ahooting their own feet. Not because they are gentlemen.

They tried to pull the town council stunt, but it backfired and ended up everyone gets to know about that AIM company.

Edited by Albeniz

In the spirit of a car forum, I would like to say, 'PAP lost because of high COE prices'.

Please be reminded that high transportation cost has a knock-on effect on prices of all other goods and services which result in our run away high cost of living.

You are the one that come up with this COE thing to make money out of car owners. You go fix it!

In the spirit of a car forum, hope WP presses for a simple breakdown (a version which is easily understood by the public) of where the money collected from COE goes to.

$50,000 x so many cars on the roads x collected for so many years = huge money collected but road is still congested and need to raise ERP, MRT, bus and taxi fares

The equation doesn't look so right from a layman point of view. Some clarification will be helpful.

Any more by elections?? The fever hasn't subside yet. Haha.

Haha... so which other MP is fooling around on the side? I think maybe the paparazzi or private-dicks should start a side industry of tailing MPs to investigate discretions. It's very common practice in the ivory towers, I hear.... [:p] So many have done it.... as last 2 years' list of civil servants/politicians caught with pants down has proven.

Another observation was PM Lee was brought in

very late in the contest to try to swing votes.

Perhaps the above can be explained by

the PAP's grassroots and ground intelligence warning of

a potentially very very tight contest

ONLY VERY LATE in the elections campaign.

Worse till, the result turned out to be a huge PAP loss and not a predicted tight contest.

IF PAP had thought and calculated Punggol was likely a loss like Hougang,

they wouldn't have risk bringing in PM Lee to try to swing votes

because a Punggol East loss would reflect badly on PM Lee and the sitting Government.

Recall, Teo Chee Hean was brought in as the attack dog (because PAP expected a loss in Hougang)

while PM Lee was brought in as the "unifying national figure" (because PAP only thought it was close).

IN other words, PM Lee would not have been brought in if PAP knew it was going to be a huge loss:

PAP misread the ground.

I think the PAP's grassroots and ground feedback

haven't learnt their bitter lessons from GE 2011.

[cool]

i view it differently.

having PM brought in actually turned the tide to WP.

i think people really see him as everything that's wrong with PAP

looking at the results I think no matter who WP or PAP field, WP will win.

It is not about the candidate but the party.

Seriously, would you trust LLL to manage your bank account, not to even say set policy for Singapore?

↡ Advertisement