Drive or take bus to Legoland

Phluvcat

Is it safe to self-drive to Legoland?

Sorry if it seems stupid but many years never self-drive to Malaysia liao.

Is there particular models of cars more prone to being stolen???

Me is very old Honda Civic EK3M, or for peace of mind should I just take their tour bus there (which I have to go Golden Mile from Bukit Batok then to 2nd Link). Maybe they have abundance of Civics there and wont bother about mine?

Just need some opinion.

Hmmm oh yeah, anywhere near there I can get hold of second hand climate control console? Mine is cui liao.

Gum siah.

↡ Advertisement

I personally feel, for syndicates, your model outdated liao doubt they be interested.

I used to patronise a Honda workshop in permas jaya, they may be able to help you. tung chun racing

Turbocharged

refer to the other thread about side mirror kenna stolen, windows kenna broken and car kenna stolen :blink: .... imo its a matter of luck.

if u are scared, don't drive in.

last december i took a coach... stayed a night at KSL then to legoland early next morning.

the troublesome thing is to carry your barang barang up/down for customs clearance 2x...(i made the mistake of combining our stuff into in a huge luggage bag.. and i am the one carrying it [bigcry] )

i also don't think tour bus will wait till closing time, so you may lugi a couple of hours if you have not completed your rides in there.

Edited by Solar

Turbocharged

btw, about abundance of specific car models they won't bother with you... this is where you may be wrong.

this means it the car model is popular and is good to steal for spare parts [laugh]

years back one of my ex-colleagues told me his proton wira got stolen right in front of his doorstep.

still luck. [sly]

Was thinking getting a car cover and wrap up the car while parked there. Think can even padlock the stings together.

Thief has to guess which model u driving, and then unwrap the car?

Perhaps might deter them from targetting your car.

Drove there during Dec holidays.. parked next to the covered walkway at the Mall area.. got police on motorcycles patrolling around. Does not seem unsafe when got so many ppl walking along the walkway. those parked in outlying lots.. no comment.

If you do not intend to stay overnight and go elsewhere, bus maybe a better option.

Starting from Jan, a lot of tour agency already start selling such packages.

If you were to buy the Legoland ticket right at their doorstep, it's going to cost RM$140. Now Singapore tour agency is charging about S$70+ which include Legoland ticket+bus which in my opinion is worth it and best of all, no need to queue for ticket.

If you die die must drive in, then I suggest you go slightly earlier like reaching Legoland at about (9a.m) though they start at 11a.m. There's 2 area of carpark, the smaller, nearer and "safer" carpark is where human traffic the most. So I guess, they will not attack that small carpark while the big carpark, is too big like a sea of cars that you could not even spot your own car.

EK Civic better don't go in. Old model means that spares are hard to find in Malaysia. A rare delicacy for car thieves. There are still plenty of EKs running around which means all of them are fighting for spare parts.

Neutral Newbie

Suggest you save your money and don't go, it's complete waste of time there, it's just an "upgraded pasar malam theme park", my two kids says it's bad too. You might as well go elsewhere where you save the money minus the jam and safety issues....

Is it safe to self-drive to Legoland?

Sorry if it seems stupid but many years never self-drive to Malaysia liao.

Is there particular models of cars more prone to being stolen???

Me is very old Honda Civic EK3M, or for peace of mind should I just take their tour bus there (which I have to go Golden Mile from Bukit Batok then to 2nd Link). Maybe they have abundance of Civics there and wont bother about mine?

Just need some opinion.

Hmmm oh yeah, anywhere near there I can get hold of second hand climate control console? Mine is cui liao.

Gum siah.

Take a look at Malaysia zerotohundred forum

Your made is still in demand same goes to EG

On avg once every 2 week there's a stolen EK or EG

Someone just reported his EK stolen last week

Anyhow I would still suggest drive in

But must take extra precaution, locking your car and etc

Over there is quite crowded, when they saw your car is chained up they might not want take the risk wasting extra time breaking in

Neutral Newbie

Should be safe, unless unlucky. Still, if worried just take a bus otherwise every 30min run out of park to check car - spoil mood only for the family day trip.

Neutral Newbie

i drive there twice to legoland and hellokitty land using GPS. it's very very easy. go by tuas second link. do not go by woodlands.

i think only 15 mins drive from second link. it's surprisingly close.

i drive there twice to legoland and hellokitty land using GPS. it's very very easy. go by tuas second link. do not go by woodlands.

i think only 15 mins drive from second link. it's surprisingly close.

Ya, can consider buying a retirement home there. :D

↡ Advertisement