Big Lorry crushed 2 Primary Boys, Gruesome

Mustank

RIP to the 2 children and condolences to their family.

It's time to enforce stricter laws and education for cyclists to protect themselves. It's simple. Just apply the same laws for motorbikes on bicycles.

Until now I'm not sure if cycle on roads require helmets or not? I hear need, but I can't the info that says it needs.

All cyclists who cycle on roads should wear helmets.

Another idea is that LTA can enforce that cyclists who wants to cycle on road need vehicle registration number.

Make it such that cycle on road without number plate = car on road without number plate. Why, I've seen cyclists cycle beside cars, then when red light with red light camera, he just go ahead. Red light camera cannot sensor him. Usually red light cams are at accident prone areas right? Having a number plate will make them ride responsibly.

When buying bicycle from shop, shop owners should ask if cyclists will cycle on roads, if need, shop owners will educate them say need registration plate if not its illegal to ride on roads. For those who only cycle in parks, or pedestrian walkways, no need vehicle number. When such laws are enforced, more people will know about cycling laws like you need to push bicycles across pedestrians and zebra crossings.

Edited by Nicholas
↡ Advertisement

1. You can choose to TRANSPORT cement/concrete slabs/sand/gravel/heavy machinery at night. May i ask what sort of mission critical cargo are we talking about? Is it that hard to do a rethink of whether it is possible to do a small stockpile of materials required for the day and get the tipper trucks to send over during off peak hours?

2. i feel that the heavy truck operators should consider implementing SAF style route planning. Fix a route for a particular job and no one can suka suka change routes unless subject to approval from Ops Room.

Agreed totally . [thumbsup]

It's time to enforce stricter laws and education for cyclists to protect themselves. It's simple. Just apply the same laws for motorbikes on bicycles.

Until now I'm not sure if cycle on roads require helmets or not? I hear need, but I can't the info that says it needs.

Another idea is that LTA can enforce that cyclists who wants to cycle on road need vehicle registration number.

Make it such that cycle on road without number plate = car on road without number plate. Why, I've seen cyclists cycle beside cars, then when red light with red light camera, he just go ahead. Red light camera cannot sensor him. Usually red light cams are at accident prone areas right? Having a number plate will make them ride responsibly.

When buying bicycle from shop, shop owners should ask if cyclists will cycle on roads, if need, shop owners will educate them say need registration plate if not its illegal to ride on roads. For those who only cycle in parks, or pedestrian walkways, no need vehicle number.

Agreed , keep the cyclist off the roads . They can go on pavements as long as they don't cause a nuisance to the pedestrians. Even motorbikers get killed every now and then on the roads , less to say the vulnerable cyclists. In this case , little children. I hate to see little children dying.

Edited by CH_CO

It will be very hard to enforce, cyclists start as young as 7 and as old as 70.

These 2 groups are the hardest to educate.

Agreed , keep the cyclist off the roads . They can go on pavements as long as they don't cause a nuisance to the pedestrians. Even motorbikers get killed every now and then on the roads , less to say the vulnerable cyclists. In this case , little children. I hate to see little children dying.

Somemore someone mentioned few posts earlier that the two poor boys were siblings. oh my goodness, when i think of that my heart just sank. We can't possibly imagine what mayhem is raging in the minds of the parents.

Edited by Happily1986

I always see big truck such as this cement truck drive like no tomorrow...

happen once in front of my office junction, jam brake till the cement spill out from the truck and cover the poor lorry behind :wacko:

I seriously think these heavy vehicle must have a cut off limiter at 60km/h and take 2 min to reach 50km/h <_<

When buying bicycle from shop, shop owners should ask if cyclists will cycle on roads, if need, shop owners will educate them say need registration plate if not its illegal to ride on roads. For those who only cycle in parks, or pedestrian walkways, no need vehicle number. When such laws are enforced, more people will know about cycling laws like you need to push bicycles across pedestrians and zebra crossings.

Bicycle having no. plate is a tab bit difficult as if I am not wrong, they do not have a chassie no./engine no. etc. As such, I felt the most feasible way is to upgrade the 'road safety park' at east coast to include mock cars (Ie. like those 4 seaters bicycle used in east coast park) to teach kids on how to behave when cycling on the road, must wear a helmet (Currently only motorised bicycle need to wear helmet)

Upgrade the red light cam to take pic of bicycles too (Not their no. plate but their FACES, just like in japan where their speed camera not only take the pic of the car, but also 1 of the driver) , educate cyclist that when on the road must follow road law (Stop on right, Go on green), make it a must for bicycles to display warning lights

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

How many innocent life do we need to sacrifice before the government will really do something

to avoid this kind of accident????? [bigcry]

If I am not wrong,is illegal 4 cyclist to cycle on pavement in singapore..they are encourage to cycle on the road.But singapore unlike other countries is nt a cycle friendly area.With the current high COE,some of my friends has switch to cycling to work.Hopefully government will enforce some rules to benefit the cyclist after so many tragic accidents.

I always see big truck such as this cement truck drive like no tomorrow...

happen once in front of my office junction, jam brake till the cement spill out from the truck and cover the poor lorry behind :wacko:

I seriously think these heavy vehicle must have a cut off limiter at 60km/h and take 2 min to reach 50km/h <_<

i thought cement mixer have a max legal road speed of 40km/h only?

If I am not wrong,is illegal 4 cyclist to cycle on pavement in singapore..they are encourage to cycle on the road.But singapore unlike other countries is nt a cycle friendly area.With the current high COE,some of my friends has switch to cycling to work.Hopefully government will enforce some rules to benefit the cyclist after so many tragic accidents.

Err illegal but it is definitely safer to ride on pavement , u at most get fined 20 bucks or something , on the road , you die , you go count lor. If i had children , i rather pay the fine than to see this tragic accident happening. Anyway , harsh punishments should be implemented to heavy vehicle drivers , they are the main bunk of road deaths on the roads , actually why not make it across the board.

I still stick to my point , heavy vehicles should have kept out of school areas and like someone which mentioned here , have certain routes and certain timings. If you notice , you will rarely see SAF heavy vehicles during peak hours.

Edited by CH_CO

Its worse for the undertakers. That picture is not gruesome since it was taken at a distance.

Maybe I just have the stomach for s hiity stuff but anyway poor boys.

radx isn't around , maybe he is busy.

Neutral Newbie

Err illegal but it is definitely safer to ride on pavement , u at most get fined 20 bucks or something , on the road , you die , you go count lor. If i had children , i rather pay the fine than to see this tragic accident happening.

I still stick to my point , heavy vehicles should have kept out of school areas and like someone which mentioned here , have certain routes and certain timings. If you notice , you will rarely see SAF heavy vehicles during peak hours.

With regards to the SAF heavy vehicles, if I am not mistaken, there is a new doctrine that say no SAF vehicles on road from 7.30 to 9 am as per statistics this is the accident prone period.

With regards to the SAF heavy vehicles, if I am not mistaken, there is a new doctrine that say no SAF vehicles on road from 7.30 to 9 am as per statistics this is the accident prone period.

That is really ridiculous if true! What the hell is this world coming to? People can't take responsibility for their own actions!

↡ Advertisement