Someone allegedly threatened to kill and burn former NMP Cal

Civic2000

Former Nominated Member of Parliament Calvin Cheng has made a police report on someone who allegedly threatened to kill and burn him for criticising the Workers' Party (WP).

NCMP addresses threats, acts of anger seen at by-election

Opposition party chief Kenneth Jeyaretnam's alleged online threat

↡ Advertisement

Nowadays', I've realized many ppl are getting more aggressive and ended up with all kinds of illness. Mainly, due to stresses and unforgivings. Life is short. We have to make the best out of this short years of 75 - 90years. Be kind and cool. Most importantly, "Forgiving" and move on. When ppl get aggressive, I just pass it. It doesn't kills or hurt by letting the other party win. The problem with people today, is Ego. Ego shorten life. This is an open secret to happiness, which I found.

In his blog titled 'What kind of politics do we want in Singapore?', he wrote that after former Nominated Member in Parliament (NMP) Calvin Cheng wrote a commentary criticising the performance of Workers' Party in Parliament, "someone had threatened to kill him and burn him over his article".

he is lucky

only words from keyboard warrior

just wondered if he had reflected during his time as NCMP

did he spare for a moment think of those in detention without trial

i guess he must be busy running too many post of non executive director

that said

personally, threatening someone with physical violence is really not a civilize thing to do or even consider posting on the internet

↡ Advertisement