Govt unveils plans to support population growth

Duckduck

is normal for pple to react this, u no need to apologize lah.

this is how a democratic system works. A country at first poor, is led out of poverty by a single leader/party, then when it gets rich n mature, its people want more personal rights, so true democracy reigns. Then the end game is something like USA, UK, Oz, canada... so we can only hope we're more like canada than USA. But all share 1 common thing, high taxes n slower growth. thats the price of true democracy.

The difference between canada n SG is canada has plenty of land, SG is limited. SG has a limited upside so to speak in the v long term point of view. SG people want peace n stability vs super high growth rates so garmen has to adjust to this.

Decades ago USA had v high savings rates n lots of cash, look where its now. No country is perpetually perfect. I dont expect SG to remain strong forever.

Good points, taken.

I think the government needs to call for national poll on the white paper..Does the law provision for such?

If only fair for them to do that, unless online citizen realised that the silent major also agree on the white paper, our country will not be able to move forward as a nation.

i believe that not only those that are on the opp side so far have bad feelings on this white paper.. Even those that had voted from PAP, not surprised if the MPs themselves too..

If PAP, wonders why over years, many good person has forsake the party and move on to private sectors. Also there seem to lack of individuals joining the party. They really have to sit down and think. I mean.. seriously, you get 1 guy that joined the party for only a few weeks to run for by-election is a total disgrace.

Edited by ShepherdPie

Good points, taken.

Friend, nobody is opposing for he sake fo it. Just look at the signs and around you, even at 5mil, we are feeling the crunch, has it not occurred to you that at 6.9, it could get worse? Let's not go through that 'what have they done for us in past' nonsense.

the thing is, we are now a more matured electorate and no more the bread and butter that mattered, which is why it mattered to put the vote for them then. We are looking ahead and how we can mange it better. There has got to be a win-win, but some ppl want a win-lose.

I guess your recent 'announcement' on Friday has spurred you to speak up hor [laugh] [laugh]

Friend, nobody is opposing for he sake fo it. Just look at the signs and around you, even at 5mil, we are feeling the crunch, has it not occurred to you that at 6.9, it could get worse? Let's not go through that 'what have they done for us in past' nonsense.

the thing is, we are now a more matured electorate and no more the bread and butter that mattered, which is why it mattered to put the vote for them then. We are looking ahead and how we can mange it better. There has got to be a win-win, but some ppl want a win-lose.

I guess your recent 'announcement' on Friday has spurred you to speak up hor [laugh] [laugh]

Just as I've mentioned, no one wants to rock the boat if it's plain sailing but everyone surely wants the captain and his crew to know if it is felt that the boat is going into dangerous waters......... <_<

Guys, allow me to interrupt, in good faith and intention. I know all of you hate the ruling party to the core and whatever they do or say, will interpret as evil and downright wrong. I urge you not to let your hatred deny you of reasoning and rationality. Has it never occurred to you why is it that in such threads, everyone is singing the same tune and no one has spoken for the gahment ? I have participated in discussion forums, e.g. channel news asia, and i have known some friends in person there and here. These are very respectable and really wise people, whom a few forumers here actually know them (one of them also knows Damienic and i am very sure he will agree about that person if i am to tell him the names). They all tell me the same one thing, with a tinge of despondency, that many forumers who are anti-gahment in the forums, are so paranoid and cynical, that they have totally lost their reasoning, rationality and objectivity. They often tell me ( i have lost count the number of PMs and words in person), to quote the exact words from a few, that " there is no point in reasoning or arguing with them about the government" , because they are already completely obsessed,and chooses to see things as what they want to see it as.

At the risk of putting myself in the line of fire, I am saying this is because, unlike them, i hope, that you all can find the level-headedness within yourself, and not let your heart be poisoned by your hatred for the gahment, for the life it has brought onto yours, and every 'bad' thing they are perceived to have done and are doing now.

I apologise if i antagonise anyone , but take it from me that, truly, there are many people out there, keeping silent, are feeling sorry about this situation.

Think about it.

if you know anyone up, could you please tell them to let us have a chances to "voice" our opinion in this white paper.. by allowing a national poll..

Please dun force it down our throat like before..

Edited by ShepherdPie

that was actually the feeling i get about voters throughout the last few decades when i speak to them in the past.

but this few years, i guess the boat rocked too much that people wonder if it is nearing sink, so started to vote alternative boatman

if you know anyone up, could you please tell them to let us have a chances to "voice" our opinion in this white paper.. by allowing a national poll..

you wait long long.

they will tell you, they know best.

and i also already given up, with the influx of new citizens, the oppo will find it harder to win another grc.

just my wishful thinking that new citizens should not be allowed to vote until they have converted to new citizens for 21 years.

too bad. hearsay, mandate is already given ...

Edited by Wt_know

Guys, allow me to interrupt, in good faith and intention. I know all of you hate the ruling party to the core and whatever they do or say, will interpret as evil and downright wrong. I urge you not to let your hatred deny you of reasoning and rationality. Has it never occurred to you why is it that in such threads, everyone is singing the same tune and no one has spoken for the gahment ? I have participated in discussion forums, e.g. channel news asia, and i have known some friends in person there and here. These are very respectable and really wise people, whom a few forumers here actually know them (one of them also knows Damienic and i am very sure he will agree about that person if i am to tell him the names). They all tell me the same one thing, with a tinge of despondency, that many forumers who are anti-gahment in the forums, are so paranoid and cynical, that they have totally lost their reasoning, rationality and objectivity. They often tell me ( i have lost count the number of PMs and words in person), to quote the exact words from a few, that " there is no point in reasoning or arguing with them about the government" , because they are already completely obsessed,and chooses to see things as what they want to see it as.

At the risk of putting myself in the line of fire, I am saying this is because, unlike them, i hope, that you all can find the level-headedness within yourself, and not let your heart be poisoned by your hatred for the gahment, for the life it has brought onto yours, and every 'bad' thing they are perceived to have done and are doing now.

I apologise if i antagonise anyone , but take it from me that, truly, there are many people out there, keeping silent, are feeling sorry about this situation.

Think about it.

Why so serious?

I see it more as on the internet, many ppl take the chance to comprain. (typical sg behaviour - in fact maybe our national hobby)

In reality, perhaps the majority of moderate ppl or pro-gov ppl are just staying silent.

it is no use, all our kpkb is just noise, the 6.9 mirrion will cum, theres really nothing we can do about it, really cuunt do no shiit

the new citizens will be brought in, 15k per year, tia gong AMK there got new btos, also tia gong citizens with a child not more than 16 will be placed first in thre queue (read: new citizens), simi edmw project 2016, it wont work, theres really nothing we can do about it, really cuunt do no shiit

the only way i see how is to buy property and rent out

those who can migrate, will go, but they will not sell their house, they will rent out these 6.9 mirrion

that is the only thing we can do :ph34r:

it is no use, all our kpkb is just noise, the 6.9 mirrion will cum, theres really nothing we can do about it, really cuunt do no shiit

the new citizens will be brought in, 15k per year, tia gong AMK there got new btos, also tia gong citizens with a child not more than 16 will be placed first in thre queue (read: new citizens), simi edmw project 2016, it wont work, theres really nothing we can do about it, really cuunt do no shiit

the only way i see how is to buy property and rent out

those who can migrate, will go, but they will not sell their house, they will rent out these 6.9 mirrion

that is the only thing we can do :ph34r:

Maybe those that buy shoebox now v happy - cos sure huat ~!

Why so serious?

I see it more as on the internet, many ppl take the chance to comprain. (typical sg behaviour - in fact maybe our national hobby)

In reality, perhaps the majority of moderate ppl or pro-gov ppl are just staying silent.

Online sentiment certainly seems to be predominantly anti-gahmen.

One *could* see it as the troublemakers coming out to play in a relatively unfettered medium.

The other way to look at it is to see it as the outpouring of completely sincere sentiment that has been bottled up because it hasn't managed to find an outlet in the gahmen-sactioned, heavily controlled "mainstream" media here.

The fact that one side actually needs to go out of its way to organise an "internet brigade" to mobilise the expression of sentiment in its favour, whereas the other side needs no such thing, should speak volumes as to which is the more likely scenario between the two.

A recent unexpected vote swing in a certain BE should lend further credence to the same view.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement