Hks Turbo Timer

Cichildae

Waste money only leh. I have 2 turbo cars, never need one, never do those cooling off like wait 5 mins then turn off engine. If it is useful, it will come from the factory right?

Neutral Newbie

Unless u upgrade big turbo, constant high boost, then u need to cool the turbo, to increase the life span of ur turbo.

Kiadaw,

i disagree with ur saying, u said that if its useful it should come with stock.

Den why stock dun have better intake system,

Y stock brakes have to change,

Y u dun wan to keep with stock tires.

The list goes on ....

But, turbo timer is to protect ur turbo la, u can set min sec to cool down, 5 mins is ridicules long la. unless go track.

Edited by Ali_baba

nowadays, turbo has water cool and oil cool. Hence, it is not neccesary to have turbo timer. After a hard lap and go for a cool lap..

Unless u upgrade big turbo, constant high boost, then u need to cool the turbo, to increase the life span of ur turbo.

Kiadaw,

i disagree with ur saying, u said that if its useful it should come with stock.

Den why stock dun have better intake system,

Y stock brakes have to change,

Y u dun wan to keep with stock tires.

The list goes on ....

But, turbo timer is to protect ur turbo la, u can set min sec to cool down, 5 mins is ridicules long la. unless go track.

Now a day still need turbo timer on turbo charge car?

yalor. thot that kinda thing same era as the pager. :D

Turbocharged

Waste money only leh. I have 2 turbo cars, never need one, never do those cooling off like wait 5 mins then turn off engine. If it is useful, it will come from the factory right?

Some stock cars do come with turbo timer.

which one?

you guys will never gonna believe it, my previous ride jetta sport does come with stock turbo timer (idle for about 10-15 sec). Haaa for TS, i reckon he wanna have a turbo timer for hao lian one lah...

Cheers

germany not that hot leh bro

germany not that hot leh bro

You may be right, & there maybe something magical about the TFSI engine. It almost never even gets hot, even on long road trips at high speed. Sometimes, when there is snow cover, I can drive 20 mins (which is what it takes to get to work), the snow can still be on the bonnet, if they are not already brown off by the speed.

But the last car I have in Singapore, which incidentally take around same time to get to work. You can practically fry an egg on the bonnet, even when you drive normally. But its not just my car. You can know how long a car is parked by just put your hand near the bonnet. But normally, just slow doen last 5 mins, even on hard drive will do the trick to 'cool' the engine.

Why risk a turbo timer, if install wrong, or faulty, can damage your car or something. At most just let the engine run for some time, then get off the car.

↡ Advertisement