Some advise about converting to OPC...

Newdrive

If your car is a Kelisa OMV $7000, ARF $7000 bought during COE $1000 times, then you won't get $1100 every 6mth since the initial $22000 is more than the amount to offset all the govt taxes $7000+$7000+$1000.. You can read more at onemotoring website..

Ah yes. I forgot about this part.

It's not guaranteed $1100 every 6 months. It's UP TO $1100 every 6 months, depending on the OMV and COE value of the car at date of registration.

↡ Advertisement

If your car is a Kelisa OMV $7000, ARF $7000 bought during COE $1000 times, then you won't get $1100 every 6mth since the initial $22000 is more than the amount to offset all the govt taxes $7000+$7000+$1000.. You can read more at onemotoring website..

how ah?

Open Market Value: $12,343.00

Actual ARF Paid: $13,578.00

QP Paid: $16,112.00

how ah?

Open Market Value: $12,343.00

Actual ARF Paid: $13,578.00

QP Paid: $16,112.00

err.... just leave it as normal plate lah, not like it will reduce your installment (if any left), cut down some expenses will get you the $1100 every 6 months liao :D

After change of job, I don't drive to work, and car is left unused in carpark from Mon to Fri for past 6 mths. But I use the car a lot on weekends.

Contemplating of converting normal plate to OPC (off peak car), and enjoy savings of $5K plus in rebates, cheaper road tax and insurance for these 2 years until convert back to normal plate car 2 years later as my wife will need to fetch my daughter to school.

A few things I need your advise to make sure :

1) after convert to OPC, there's no restrictions to convert back to normal plate car?

2) anyone heard of any news of upcoming policies that affects OPC, ie. Cannot convert back to normal plate car, or to be put on trial for Pay As You Use for Satellite System?

3) OPC rebate is $1K every 6 mths till car reaches its 10th year?

4) any other things to take note?

Thanks in advance.

After change of job, I don't drive to work, and car is left unused in carpark from Mon to Fri for past 6 mths. But I use the car a lot on weekends.

Contemplating of converting normal plate to OPC (off peak car), and enjoy savings of $5K plus in rebates, cheaper road tax and insurance for these 2 years until convert back to normal plate car 2 years later as my wife will need to fetch my daughter to school.

A few things I need your advise to make sure :

1) after convert to OPC, there's no restrictions to convert back to normal plate car?

2) anyone heard of any news of upcoming policies that affects OPC, ie. Cannot convert back to normal plate car, or to be put on trial for Pay As You Use for Satellite System?

3) OPC rebate is $1K every 6 mths till car reaches its 10th year?

4) any other things to take note?

Thanks in advance.

do you think you will be changing job anytime soon?

1) this one - could happen. so far I don't remember reading about it.

2) nope, did not hear. It would appear unfair to normal plate car owners

3) Cannot be. If the rebate is $17k for 10 years, at most is $1.7k per year. Where got such good deal?

4) Better check with LTA.

Converted my Teana 2.5 to OPC last year & this is my experience:

1. As far as I know, nothing mentioned yet.

2. Ditto

3. Rebate for my car is $1.1K every 6 mths. You can check with LTA on the rebate for your make of car.

4. Required to do annual inspection of car plate before renewing your rd tax

Hope this helps...

Converted my Teana 2.5 to OPC last year & this is my experience:

1. As far as I know, nothing mentioned yet.

2. Ditto

3. Rebate for my car is $1.1K every 6 mths. You can check with LTA on the rebate for your make of car.

4. Required to do annual inspection of car plate before renewing your rd tax

Hope this helps...

hi Philip, is the scrap value still 50% of OMV for OPC cars?

hi Philip, is the scrap value still 50% of OMV for OPC cars?

opc will not affect ur scrap value

the money is taken out from coe

Edited by Zhutou

3) Cannot be. If the rebate is $17k for 10 years, at most is $1.7k per year. Where got such good deal?

dat is if u taken OPC during registration.

normal to OPC... the rebate is up to $22k, capped up to $2.2k per year ($1.1k every 6 mths)

in future, kindlay SEARCH for similar threads first and post them under a similar thread...you do NOT have to open athread just for your own use. Utilise other thread and put your query there!

merged your thread

For the benefits of those who want to know, the six-monthly OPC cash rebate for normal cars converted to OPCs under the revised OPC scheme on and after 25 January 2010 is calculated as follows :

{QP (Bid Cat) + [(Additional Registration Fee rate x Open Market Value) - Actual Green Rebate]} / $17,000 x $1,100

Note: Cap at $1,100

Additional Registration Fee (ARF) rate as follows:

130% of OMV (For cars registered with COEs obtained from May 2002 to February 2004 tender exercises)

110% of OMV (For cars registered with COEs obtained from March 2004 to February 2008 tender exercises)

100% of OMV (For cars registered with COEs obtained from March 2008 tender exercises and onwards)

Edited by Xiaoyuer86